Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Random Thought Thread

stevenaa

It buys Shanahan his ticket out of town if they fail. There are multiple risks associated with this signing. And Shanahan has done so well with quarterbacks here.

If he doesn't watch out, he may take over Warren Sapp's handle as the "QBKilla" :ols:

KIDDING

It buys Shanahan his ticket out of town if they fail. There are multiple risks associated with this signing. And Shanahan has done so well with quarterbacks here.

If he doesn't watch out, he may take over Warren Sapp's handle as the "QBKilla" :ols:

KIDDING

well it was gonna buy his ticket out anyways if he didn't land a QB lol

I mean if it fails it's big time but if it works it'll pretty much be the equivalent of a winning lottery ticket. Do you know how big Griffin could be in this town if he succeeds? He'd easily be the most marketable and well-known sports figure in Washington. Billboards of him all over, Griffin all over local TV, the most successful QB star in DC since Baugh. And he seems like a guy who is open to being on TV too. Not a lot of Redskins other than Orakpo get national commercial time. The kid is marketable.

I hope he succeeds but it's no sure thing. It's a huge risk by the Redskins but the payoffs (as well as the consequences) are gigantic.

Cowboys fan on FB wrote "Is Vinny Cerato back"

Cowboys fans have no right to talk trash when Jerry Jones has single-handedly driven Cowboys drafts into the ground with ignorant GM decisions. Other than Ware, who did they draft under the Jones regime who has succeeded?

Cowboys fans have no right to talk trash when Jerry Jones has single-handedly driven Cowboys drafts into the ground with ignorant GM decisions. Other than Ware, who did they draft under the Jones regime who has succeeded?

I just posted something similar in the Stadium. I really don't think the average Cowboys fan can grasp (or doesn't want to face the truth) just how similar Dan and Jerry are. Dan finally got the memo, while Jerruh still thinks his Cowboys are a few players away from a SB. They can laugh all they want ( in reality, it's just a psychological cry for help), but come the start of the season, they are really going to realize just how far behind the 8-ball their franchise is...

Lol yeah they can't talk. Yes its a BOLD move for us, but there is so much potential in it for us that it would've been stupid not to make it. I mean who would be our QB otherwise? Flynn? Orton? Tannehill? Grossman? Yeah give me RG3 over those lol

Eh, I don't mean to be in the Buzzkill Brigade but man we gave up a lot.

Right side of the OL needs upgrading, WRs are shaky, Cooley is old and Davis needs to put the pipe down.

Corners/Safetys are a liability and looks like we might lose London Fletcher.

I'm worried that RGIII won't be enough. However, I am really excited for him to be our QB.

Eh, I don't mean to be in the Buzzkill Brigade but man we gave up a lot.

Right side of the OL needs upgrading, WRs are shaky, Cooley is old and Davis needs to put the pipe down.

Corners/Safetys are a liability and looks like we might lose London Fletcher.

I'm worried that RGIII won't be enough. However, I am really excited for him to be our QB.

I agree. The foundation to the house is crumbling, but nevermind that, Let's fix the kitchen first. We have SO many holes on this team, giving up what amounts to 4 starters seems like a high price.

We have NEVER had a solid long term fix at qb since I've started following this team. While it would be great to still have those picks it hasn't meant a damn thing up until this point anyway so why not take a chance? I'm sick of looking at other teams with solid Quarterback play while I'm stuck looking at Rex ****ing Grossman.

It was time....

Cowboys fan claims Jones is good GM and lists Marion Barber as one of JJ's successful draftees :ols:

Barber sucks

The same Marion Barber who ran out of bounds against Denver...and fumbled in overtime? Lol

---------- Post added March-10th-2012 at 03:47 PM ----------

I'm watching the Big 10 Tournament on CBS and they have this Budweiser ad with Pitbull where he just moves his sunglasses down, and ordinary people are transformed into superstars. So the commercial is implying Pitbull is Robert Griffin III?

;)

I agree. The foundation to the house is crumbling, but nevermind that, Let's fix the kitchen first. We have SO many holes on this team, giving up what amounts to 4 starters seems like a high price.

We gave up 4 starters for one starter....

That's 3...

The foundation of a football team is a QB.

The Redskins also still have their mid-round picks to draft WRs, DBs, OGs, etc.

Spend wisely

Redskins have gone on spending sprees in the past to no avail

A well-executed spending spree which doesn't net the BIG MARQUEE names but rather supporting cast members and complementary players can help improve the Redskins

I've never been this sore after a flag football game. Caught an elbow to the face which smashed my lip up, had one of our defensive linemen crash into my chest and knock the wind right out of me, had one of their defensive linemen hit me square in the back while catching a pass(still made the catch though haha), and somehow had someone step on my heel.

http://www.latimes.com/sports/la-sp-baxter-soccer-20120311,0,2981229.story

Soccer TV ratings continue to lag well behind other major U.S. sports. The recent wave of expansion, while lauded, has seen MLS nearly double in size in only eight seasons — and new franchises could soon be coming to New York and Florida. Then there are the Byzantine salary rules that have split MLS into teams of haves and have-nots.

Although MLS teams have a salary cap of $2.81 million, they can go above that to sign so-called designated players for as much as they wish. The exemption was created to give the Galaxy the flexibility it needed to sign David Beckham to a $32.5-milllion contract in 2007, but since then the exception has become the rule, with 22 designated players appearing on opening day rosters this spring.

And that, naturally, has favored deep-pocketed teams like the Galaxy, which fielded three of MLS' five best-paid players in Beckham, Robbie Keane and Landon Donovan when they won the league title last year. The four other top teams in the regular-season standings in 2011 also featured designated players.

Not surprisingly the free-spending Galaxy and its well-heeled owners at AEG say they finished the year in the red, joining at least a dozen other MLS teams that failed to turn a profit. And the reliance on designated players, most of whom are imported, is costly in other ways as well.

Although MLS was founded partly as a developmental league for domestic players, North Americans have seen the number of minutes they have played decline steadily in recent years. The New York Red Bulls, one of the league's premier franchises, regularly starts nine foreign-born players.

Archived