Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Random Thought Thread

stevenaa

Money is a factor when it comes to DPs. The Galaxy currently have 3/5 of the top-paid DPs in the league. So they are paying those guys' salaries, minus something like $300,000 paid by the league for the first two, and plus a $250,000 tax to claim a third DP.

2007 David Beckham, Los Angeles Galaxy, $6,500,000

2010 Landon Donovan, Los Angeles Galaxy, $2,300,000

2011 Robbie Keane, Los Angeles Galaxy, $3,417,24

Every MLS team cannot/will not afford this. And while the league has had a good amount of parity (based on distribution of MLS cup titles the last several years), I can't believe that is going to last as teams start generating more revenue through their own stadiums, etc, thus paying more for better DPs and coaches. (I have no idea what the range is, but I'm guessing coaches' salaries vary a lot, too.)

Went to Chick Fil A earlier, and saw this guy with the ****tiest hairdo I've ever seen. Guy had his hair kind of like a pineapple, and dyed the pineapple portion beige. Now I'm all for eccentricity/expression/fashion, but this guy was just unbelievable. The only thing I could compare it to is Wilson from Cast Away...

I should've screamed "Wilsonnnnn!" as he was walking away. :ols:

Went to Chick Fil A earlier, and saw this guy with the ****tiest hairdo I've ever seen. Guy had his hair kind of like a pineapple, and dyed the pineapple portion beige. Now I'm all for eccentricity/expression/fashion, but this guy was just unbelievable. The only thing I could compare it to is Wilson from Cast Away...

I should've screamed "Wilsonnnnn!" as he was walking away. :ols:

Yeah, yeah, Wilson from Cast Away...But back to ix's question: how did you get Chick Fil A on a Sunday?

It is annoying reading everyone arguing about what we gave up/didn't give up for the number 2 pick. Everyone's opinion is clearly based on how they feel about the trade (3 firsts for people who don't like it, 2 for people that like it), but lordy! Getting so tired of reading about it.

It is annoying reading everyone arguing about what we gave up/didn't give up for the number 2 pick. Everyone's opinion is clearly based on how they feel about the trade (3 firsts for people who don't like it, 2 for people that like it), but lordy! Getting so tired of reading about it.

You guys should have just let the rams draft him then traded for him, then there couldn't be any argument.

Gonna rant... I very rarely rant about other people. I really feel that people are entitled to their own opinions on things, and respect it. But some of the opinions being thrown around on the forums have been debunked, properly, by so many people it becomes tiresome reading the same drivel over and over again.

RG3 is NOT Mike Vick. Yet the same non sense keeps getting regurgitated. Ad nauseum.

Like the trade or not, we did NOT give up three first rounders. We gave up two. We're still going to be using one of those three 1st round selections. The Raiders used the same amount of first rounders on Carson Palmer. Why are we getting so much slack for getting a young, dynamic potential franchise QB? I can understand apprehension, but holy crap. Bring some kind of sound argument to the table.

Gonna rant... I very rarely rant about other people. I really feel that people are entitled to their own opinions on things, and respect it. But some of the opinions being thrown around on the forums have been debunked, properly, by so many people it becomes tiresome reading the same drivel over and over again.

RG3 is NOT Mike Vick. Yet the same non sense keeps getting regurgitated. Ad nauseum.

Like the trade or not, we did NOT give up three first rounders. We gave up two. We're still going to be using one of those three 1st round selections. The Raiders used the same amount of first rounders on Carson Palmer. Why are we getting so much slack for getting a young, dynamic potential franchise QB? I can understand apprehension, but holy crap. Bring some kind of sound argument to the table.

I honestly think its because we were the team that made the trade. If it was any other team, it would be talked about as being a great move. We really didn't give up much. Sure we gave up 2 1st rounders, but we still have 20 picks from 2012-2014. That's more than enough to build some depth and add some starters. If 1st round players were such a slam dunk, then we would have won the Super Bowl a long time ago. Look at the rosters of some of the best teams in the league, you won't see a ton of 1st rounders on them. The later rounds is where you find your gems.

I honestly think its because we were the team that made the trade. If it was any other team, it would be talked about as being a great move. We really didn't give up much. Sure we gave up 2 1st rounders, but we still have 20 picks from 2012-2014. That's more than enough to build some depth and add some starters. If 1st round players were such a slam dunk, then we would have won the Super Bowl a long time ago. Look at the rosters of some of the best teams in the league, you won't see a ton of 1st rounders on them. The later rounds is where you find your gems.

I think it's because things are being talked about by people who literally have no clue. It's why I don't talk about black holes and outer space or math. I'm stupid in regards to that stuff. Sure, I may ask a question, but I don't pretend like I have a clue as to what's going on, because quite frankly, I don't. That stuff is so over my head I can't even begin to explain it.

People forget how many draft picks we have in the draft because they assume we traded them for some mythical player because it's what happened in the past. People think trading for RG3 is a Vinny move, neglecting the fact that Vinny didn't give a **** about what systems we ran on offense or defense, he signed guys because they were good in other systems in the league and thought there was an automatic carryover. Meanwhile, they complete neglect the fact that we run a high to low read wco with an emphasis on wide zone boot action... Which fits both RG3 and Andrew Luck to a freakin' tee. Yet, it's a Vinny move to trade to number two? No. Schematic fit matters, and a lot of folks neglect that.

Look, I'm not better than anyone else for knowing stuff about football. I just know stuff about football. And there are a TON of people who know more than me. But it's crazy how many people think they have crazy football intelligence and argue with you while demonstrating zero knowledge.

Someone do me a favor, if I ever argue with someone about the effect of a black hole on our universe, punch me right in the ****ing mouth. Find me. Punch me. Hard. All you got. Because I have no business arguing that point.

Lol I hear you KDawg. The problem with this is that ESPN and other talking heads are bashing it, so of course everyone and the mother are going to do the same. Sure its definitely a risky trade for the Skins, but picking anyone in the draft is always a risk.

What bothers me is that they are quick to say the Skins are mortgaging their future. How so exactly? Those 7 picks we still have this year would disagree. And then the fact that they are all ignoring FA. We still have ~$40 million in cap space to add some pieces to the OL, grab a WR, etc. So we'll be able to help out RG3. Its not like we're throwing him out there with nothing.

The US Mail... seriously, get your act together.

It works great until someone owes me money, and then it's amazing the amount of trouble it is for an envelope to travel 50 miles. My goodness, it keeps getting delivered to the wrong place, stamps somehow fall off..it gets lost..

On the other side, it is also amazing how quickly phone service is restored once someone's website gets pulled for lack of payment.

This guy's phone hasn't worked in weeks, and magically this morning it's calling me again and again and again.

And just now again.

Probably an unfortunate time for my phone to go on the fritz, huh?

I'm sorry to have missed your call. I'm busy writing a very important post in the Random thought thread. And after that I am scheduled for some quality time with my parakeet. So, my day is pretty much swamped, Mr. Panic.

I wil never understand how people who's entire business model rests on their website can fail to pay the one guy who can summarily execute them.

~Buh-Bang

Archived