Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Random Thought Thread

stevenaa

So I was talking with a friend about Star Wars after leaving work tonight, and we get to discussing certain plots/storylines that could be used for a spinoff, nothing major like a complete series, but something just to "Take it back" as we said. Take it back from the kiddies ( I was one of them, 10 years old when Phantom Menace came out) that it was geared towards with Episodes l-lll, and make it a little grittier, a little westerny, kind of like Episode lV. Mild cursing, a little blood, scary/dramatic sequences, a little smartass style humor, textbook PG-13.

I haven't really come up with a plot yet, but the movie itself would precede the events of The Phantom Menace, by like 10-15 years, and it would center around a younger Qui-Gon Jinn (who will obviously be played by Liam Neeson again), and maybe a much younger Obi-Wan. It would start with the usual "A long time ago in a galaxy far far away..." but would be followed by a brief musical piece, and the sound of a lightsaber being switched on, immediately thrusting the audience into a sneaking/action sequence, a la James Bond. No Star Wars theme, and no scrolling text this time around

I know it would never happen, but it's definitely fun to think of all the possibilities. More 21st century-ish costumes, real locales instead of bluescreen effects, monsters that are more lifelike, due to animatronics, etc. I think it could work, and attract a massive audience. Hmm, I wonder if this is potentially thread worthy.

My band has its first singer. He is like a Ronnie Van Zant clone!

But he's like 50 years old and a bit rough around the edges. :ols:

Oh well, the voice more than makes up for it. Can't wait to gig in the near future.

50>? what's wrong with 50? Don't make me try and get up and hobble over there attempt to slap some sense into you.

---------- Post added March-9th-2012 at 05:31 PM ----------

The AARP just sent me my (completely unrequested) membership cards in the mail.

At least they waited four years for you Larry, go mine last month, returned to sender address unknown......

Birthdays was the worst days

Now we sip champagne when we thirst-ay

Uh, damn right I like the life I live

'Cause I went from negative to positive

And it's all...

It's all good

...and if you don't know, now you know

dawg....you just took me back!

I can't believe Biggie has been dead for 15 years...wow.

lol @ all this. Any more draft picks the Skins want to trade? Rams are making out like bandits. But I'm sure they would enjoy more first rounders. :ols:

They essentially traded 2 #1 picks and a second. I honestly don't think that's too much to give especially if those picks are in the 15-25 range.

Enjoy that basement rp. lol

#he mad (that's the first time I've done that. wow. I'm so ****ing happy I don't even care!!!)

How funny it is, that now 2 professional Cleveland franchises have been Johnny Cage'd in the nuts, and my sports teams are the recipients (Heat, Redskins)

No Drew, Cleveland doesn't rock.

:rotflmao::rotflmao::rotflmao:

They essentially traded 2 #1 picks and a second. I honestly don't think that's too much to give especially if those picks are in the 15-25 range.

"essentially"? :ols: Not really. They REALLY traded three first rounders and a second. Either way, the Skins are putting a whole lot of eggs in one basket. Griffin has to be more than just good for it to be worth it. They are seriously going all in. Not hating at all, but I remember the last time the Skins traded picks to get a first round pick to grab a QB...

Yeah, it's a gamble, one that has to work. This is essentially Zero Fail. If this thing blows up, or RGlll isn't all that he was proclaimed to be, this city will burn to the ground. I don't think it will happen though. We are going to have to really come do some serious work in the scouting department for these next couple years.

Archived