Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

WT - LaVar's last stand? (Discusses Possible Retirement)

JimmiJo

Keep in mind fellas that Lavar is a very emmotional guy. He's not very smart and those emmotions get the best of him, time and time again. Here's what all this means:

Lavar has figured out that the Skins are going to cut him this offseason, and wants to play in San Diego. He had his best season with Marty, and there is lots of water in San Diego for him to live near. All the woe is me talk about loving the Skins and retiring if he's cut is BS. He's just trying to show that he's a team player, and that he got the shaft from evil Redskins management. A little play on Marty's sympathies since Marty really did get shafted by Snyder.

Lavar is history as a Skin, and will be a Bolt next season. End of story.

Fruck Lavar! Overrated piece of trash!

Tell you what Killz, how bout you go head to head with the overrated piece of trash and see who comes out on top. Especially if someone supposedly stole 6.5mil from you. All of us fans say suck it up Lavar, what's 6.5mil when you're getting paid 65? What would any of you do with 6.5mil? If it's true than good on him, if not I hope to see him lighting it up with the Redskins next year.

Okay, now that the knee jerk reactions are starting to die off (to include my own), I'd love to revisit the idea that laurent (and zoony too, I think) raised about the possibility of the Redskins organization possibly encouraging such an article to be published in the Times this week. If they did, and that's a BIG IF, it would be a brilliant move assuming they want him out of here and don't want to create a negative controversy over it. However, why go to the trouble? Even if they trade Lavar next year, people will still go to the games, and people will still buy the 'Skins gear. In addition, you know Lavar will speak to reporters today, and say that he made those statements a long time ago. So what's the point of this conspiracy theory?

I truly don't think LaVar is happy here anymore, I do believe he had his feelings hurt, almost in a childlike type of way by the organization. LaVar needs to be the face of an organization not just part of a team and I don't think this will end well, for a multitude of reasons, but first and foremost the advice and lack of wisdom he gets from the Postons. A while ago I was believing in the old adage "winning cures everything", but this will not seem to go away. I hope from the bottom of my heart that LaVar has enough love for his Redskins teammates and for Us the fans not to have any part in David Elfin writing this article at this crucial time in our season, I hope LaVar rips Mr. Elfin a new one for causing this soap opera like distraction. I sure hope someone is held responsible for the piss poor timing of the latest chapter in this book. The one glaring quote that bothers me the most is "It's crazy and unfair that something I had very little to do with derailed my relationship with management," Well LaVar, you can thank your fine agents for that very derailment, it is just overall sad, because I for one, love LaVar wearing #56 in the burgundy & gold, and had always hoped he would go down in Redskins history, not become Redskins history.

Okay, now that the knee jerk reactions are starting to die off (to include my own), I'd love to revisit the idea that laurent (and zoony too, I think) raised about the possibility of the Redskins organization possibly encouraging such an article to be published in the Times this week.

So, no more knee-jerk reactions, so let's just fabricate something from thin air while we're at it.

Upon further reflection, I think this is more dis-information intended to foment dissent amongst the ranks prior to a pivotal NFC East game. Who would stand to benefit from such dissent?

One word: Dallas.

Ignore the WT troll.

Stay focused on the only important thing right now:

BEATING THE EAGLES!

:eaglesuck:dallasuck:gaintsuck

Okay, now that the knee jerk reactions are starting to die off (to include my own), I'd love to revisit the idea that laurent (and zoony too, I think) raised about the possibility of the Redskins organization possibly encouraging such an article to be published in the Times this week. If they did, and that's a BIG IF, it would be a brilliant move assuming they want him out of here and don't want to create a negative controversy over it. However, why go to the trouble? Even if they trade Lavar next year, people will still go to the games, and people will still buy the 'Skins gear. In addition, you know Lavar will speak to reporters today, and say that he made those statements a long time ago. So what's the point of this conspiracy theory?

speaking entirely hypothetically... I would say that this would be a way for Snyder to save face. He has quite a bit of egg on his face from this mess already... cutting him would appear to be sour grapes/personal vendetta. This way, the 'Skins (Snyder) can show that it is really 'about the team'.

Sure it's far fetched, but that's whats so great about it :)

We're playing better than we have in a dozen years, Lavar waits until after the last home game and submarines his teamates in the Washington Times no less. He totally planned this whole thing.

Lavar is a self-centered punk, I wish now I hadn't high fived him on the sidelines Sunday. This is the final straw of selfishness. I watched him on the field just sucking up all of the applause like it was for him, not for his team Sunday.

I'm truly sick to my stomach. It time to T.O. him immediately, Send the Beotch home. It will be a close commute to the Ravens facility from where he lives.

Diagnosis final, he's been the cancer for all these years. I was nervous last week because he was starting. It's the first game all year that he started and we won.

Replace the name on the back of your Arrington jerseys with PUNK.

Why don't actually read what Arrington said instead of Elfin's reckless conclusions and jumping to your own.

I swear, half the people on this site didn't even read the article.

speaking entirely hypothetically... I would say that this would be a way for Snyder to save face. He has quite a bit of egg on his face from this mess already... cutting him would appear to be sour grapes/personal vendetta. This way, the 'Skins (Snyder) can show that it is really 'about the team'.

Sure it's far fetched, but that's whats so great about it :)

But if you're going with that theory (and it's still to Hollywood-esque, but whatever) then you have to understand that the writer would be putting himself at risk if he agreed to jump in bed with Snyder and write him this article as a favor. If anyone else found out, his credibility is shot. Not worth the risk, if you ask me.

More than likely, the writer just opted to try and put a story out there that he knew no one else was writing. For the last six years a majority of the news involving the Washington Redskins has been negative -- because the team continued to struggle on the field and from a management standpoint. This is a story that could have run at any point during the last six years and fit right in. But now, with the team seemingly turning the corner, and pushing for the playoffs - this article stands out.

LaVar could/should be questioned for even humoring questions involving anything but the playoffs and, more importantly, the Philadelphia Eagles, but this stinks of a writer with bad timing. Nothing more - nothing less.

Guys (and gals)--this debate has been going on for years. Here's what we know:

1) When LaVar was first drafted, he declared himself the second coming of LT and decided to wear #56...that made me suspicious right there, mentioning a Gints player right off the bat, even a player as great as LT rubbed me the wrong way.

2) In his earlier years, LaVar would just destroy people (ask Troy Aikman) and we loved him for it. Those of us who are extremefans love football for many reasons, but i would hazard a guess that one of those reasons is the sheer testosterone involved in the sport itself. Some of us sit at desks all day doing jobs, that while we may like and may provide us with a comfortable lifestyle, do not provide an avenue for the release of some of our more primitive instincts--namely, knocking the crap out of another dude. Anyway, Lavar did that for us on Sundays and we loved him for it. So the Skins saw a chance to deflect our losing seasons by promoting the most exciting player we had--LA.

3) But, how good was he, really? Yes, he can hit. But, seriously, how many game changing plays has he had? The interception against Carolina, the sack of Warner on that Sunday night game a few years back. But overall, the one truisim with LA has been his utter inconsistency. A great game followed by a pedestrian showing, followed by an injury.

4) LA loves the spotlight and always has. Even at Penn St. Joe Paterno has coached a lot of football players, a lot of great ones, and you know what? He couldn't stand Lavar, because for all his god-given talent...Football has not and never will be his passion. He talks the talk, my friends, but he does not walk the walk.

5) The sad part: I own 3 Lavar jerseys, most of which have been given to me as gifts over the years--I don't even wear them anymore because I don't get excitied to see him on the field. He has lost his intensity because he got "bilked" out of 6.5 million. He talks about how we could make the playoffs--then goes on and on about himself...He is an immature, selfish player, and let's face it--it's not going to change. Someone like Patrick Ramsey has cause to complain and bemoan his situation--Lavar does not.

6) This coaching staff recognizes all of the above. You really think Greg williams would have benched Lavar out of spite?? Wrong--GW sat lavar because he has recognized the tragedy of lavar, much like a greek tragedy of old, Lavar has too much pride and not enough of a work ethic. And for those of us in the real world, we all know which one is more important.

I for one have to say there has to be some accountability towards the Redskins organization. I bleed burgundy and gold but it always doesn't seem that the Skins always bad mouth their own players in order to justify getting rid of them? I mean some decent players have left this organizattion feeling short changed rightly or wrongly. Yet the Skins reward incoming free agents with large contracts that haven't done a thing for the team. This has just been the norm and I've been saying it for awhile. Even some on this forum felt the Skins were benching Lavar so he couldn't achieve certain incentives in his contract. Not that Lavars' hands were all clean but the coaching staff's reasoning behind benching him were absurd and insulting to me as a fan to think I see through the personal agenda here. If it was to discipline him for behavior then say so. That crock about him not being good enough was absurd. Anyway here we go again getting rid of a player thats been through the hell here and he's gonna be out. I just find it hard that these ex-players are all lying on the organization and their dealings with them.

I for one have to say there has to be some accountability towards the Redskins organization. I bleed burgundy and gold but it always doesn't seem that the Skins always bad mouth their own players in order to justify getting rid of them? I mean some decent players have left this organizattion feeling short changed rightly or wrongly. Yet the Skins reward incoming free agents with large contracts that haven't done a thing for the team. This has just been the norm and I've been saying it for awhile. Even some on this forum felt the Skins were benching Lavar so he couldn't achieve certain incentives in his contract. Not that Lavars' hands were all clean but the coaching staff's reasoning behind benching him were absurd and insulting to me as a fan to think I see through the personal agenda here. If it was to discipline him for behavior then say so. That crock about him not being good enough was absurd. Anyway here we go again getting rid of a player thats been through the hell here and he's gonna be out. I just find it hard that these ex-players are all lying on the organization and their dealings with them.

Been through hell??????? Put me through hell for 40 million and a 20,000 square foot mansion on the Chesapeake--are you serious?

That crock about him not being good enough was absurd. Anyway here we go again getting rid of a player thats been through the hell here and he's gonna be out.

I wish I could learn what "hell" it is to have an employer pay me enough to own a 20,000 square foot house and know that my Grandchildren are taken care of.

Arrington has NEVER LIVED UP TO WHAT WE ALL THOIUGHT HE WOULD BE. We all thought he would be the next Lawrence Taylor well he is not, and will not be, he is a major expensive Disappointment.

How could we expect him to be LT? Come on now. The guy genuinely loves the Redskins and is a beast on the field. What more can you want?

Really Pops? What kool-aid is that? The "Yes, I can think independantly" Kool-Aid? You take your side, I'll take mine.

Back it up? Just look through the posts on here...JG ass must be chafing from all the noses rubbing against it.

He's turning it around and that's great. I'm happy. But I'm not happy when It seems that the individuality is being taken away from our team, the game.

Mark,

Some of us do know stuff about the Redskins. Sorry you don't :0.

My preference is to kiss up to Joe Gibbs as he's won games. LaVar hasn't. You've picked the weaker horse. You have no reason to have done so.

Archived