Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

WT - LaVar's last stand? (Discusses Possible Retirement)

JimmiJo

This is neither the time nor the place for Lavar to start with the 'woe is me' crap.

I didn't see it as a pity party. It seemed that he has a good view of where he is in relation to the team and understands why he may not suit up next year. I don't see anything that indicates whining about his current role or possible future one.

LA is getting himself out of the team with that kind of comments, I realy like Lavar but, I like even more the Redskins, what is he trying to do making comments that could be a big distraction for our team just before we play the most important game in a very long time. Is he nuts??? :logo:

:eaglesuck :eaglesuck :eaglesuck

Why do we care so much what was written.. I'm sure he'll do his best on the field..

What if we were to take in T.O.? I really don't care as long as players perform on the field, listen to the coaches... Other than that, who cares what they say to the media... If we are really that concerned.. just ban players from talking to media all together.

"Why do we care so much what was written.. I'm sure he'll do his best on the field..

What if we were to take in T.O.? I really don't care as long as players perform on the field, listen to the coaches... Other than that, who cares what they say to the media... If we are really that concerned.. just ban players from talking to media all together."

uh...yup! with the caveat that they don't rip players/coaches.

ARRINGTON HAS VALIDATED REDSKINS ACTIONS!!!

I, like practically every other Skins fan, could not believe earlier this season that Arrington was being kept on the sidelines. We could not understand the Coaches motivation to keep Him out of the game. Most of us sympathized with Arrington, when he was clearly dumbfounded, and just itching to get in the game. We became angry at the Coaches for denying us the chance to see Arrington destroy someone on the field.

He finally gets in and we all go wild with excitement, and save for a few plays, his overall performance thus far has been mediocre at best. But, still being the Arrington fans we are, we understand that he is not 100 %, and needs more time to get there.

Then the Skins get on a roll in December, are 5 days away from their biggest game in at least 6 years, and Arrington decides to put out this interview, of which we all know the content.

I have this to say to Arrington: Thank you for the clarification in this year long situation between you and the Coaches!! Mr. Arrington, you have just validated the very reason that you were on the bench - YOU ARE NOT A TEAM PLAYER - you are all about me, me me. A team player does not make these kind of statements, especially 5 days away from the biggest game in a long time.

Bottom line is that we now must realize that the Coaches were right all along, by keeping Arrington on the bench. I never thought I would say this, but Arrington needs to go. The sooner the better, there is no place on this team for that kind of selfish behavior.

RT

what a wonderful board!! one player gripes about his relationship with management and he is toast. another player is involved in a shooting and he's a hero!!!! what a great set of values we see displayed here!!!!

I may be wrong but noone was "shot" in Taylors case. The case is based on the weapon being pulled out, not fired. Plus, we know basically nothing about Taylors case. We know Lavar has been foolishly speaking to the media. Most recently this past Monday 6 days before a HUGE game.

-The Future

ARRINGTON HAS VALIDATED REDSKINS ACTIONS!!!

I, like practically every other Skins fan, could not believe earlier this season that Arrington was being kept on the sidelines. We could not understand the Coaches motivation to keep Him out of the game. Most of us sympathized with Arrington, when he was clearly dumbfounded, and just itching to get in the game. We became angry at the Coaches for denying us the chance to see Arrington destroy someone on the field.

He finally gets in and we all go wild with excitement, and save for a few plays, his overall performance thus far has been mediocre at best. But, still being the Arrington fans we are, we understand that he is not 100 %, and needs more time to get there.

Then the Skins get on a roll in December, are 5 days away from their biggest game in at least 6 years, and Arrington decides to put out this interview, of which we all know the content.

I have this to say to Arrington: Thank you for the clarification in this year long situation between you and the Coaches!! Mr. Arrington, you have just validated the very reason that you were on the bench - YOU ARE NOT A TEAM PLAYER - you are all about me, me me. A team player does not make these kind of statements, especially 5 days away from the biggest game in a long time.

Bottom line is that we now must realize that the Coaches were right all along, by keeping Arrington on the bench. I never thought I would say this, but Arrington needs to go. The sooner the better, there is no place on this team for that kind of selfish behavior.

RT

Damn I need some clarification on this, it's gettin' really heavy in here! :(

This has T.O. written all over it and I just have a hard time thinking of Lavar Arrington in that light. :doh:

Hope it works out during and after the game this Sunday. :cheers:

A good showing by LA against the Eagles, and the thought of wearing a Superbowl Ring, could really change a guy (that goes for Dan Snyder too!)

:eaglesuck

what a wonderful board!! one player gripes about his relationship with management and he is toast. another player is involved in a shooting and he's a hero!!!! what a great set of values we see displayed here!!!!

This is a horrible post, we live in America and ST will go on trial before 12 of his peers. If found guilty then the state of Florida will punish him and he will deserve to be punished. LA has made these quotes, there is proof of that, ST is innocent until proven guilty. LA is a loud mouth that can't keep his mouth shut long enough to realize what's at stake, there is a big difference.

:eaglesuck :gaintsuck :dallasuck

I wonder if any of you have considered this scenario.......

What if everything LaVar says comes true. After this season the Redskins inform LaVar that they can no longer afford him and that he will be placed on the trade block or cut. LaVar, realizing his time is up with the Skins, retires before he can be traded or cut. Do any of you remember what happened to Ricky Williams when he retired from the Dolphins? Not only were the Dolphins cleared of his cap hit, Ricky owed them money! Maybe the same thing would happen if LaVar were to retire. Then we'd instantly get around 10 million dollars in cap space. Can you say John Abraham AND Reggie Wayne? I can. Goodbye Lavar.

Nah nah nah nah, nah nah nah nah.......

Damn I need some clarification on this, it's gettin' really heavy in here! :(

This has T.O. written all over it and I just have a hard time thinking of Lavar Arrington in that light. :doh:

Hope it works out during and after the game this Sunday. :cheers:

A good showing by LA against the Eagles, and the thought of wearing a Superbowl Ring, could really change a guy (that goes for Dan Snyder too!)

:eaglesuck

What clarification is needed?

Gibbs builds winning teams based on character, and a team first mentality. If LA wanted to make these comments public, he could have waited until the off-season, not 6 days before the final season game that will determine whether or not the Skins get into the playoffs.

Archived