Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

WT - LaVar's last stand? (Discusses Possible Retirement)

JimmiJo

If the interview by Elkin was played by Elkin to be a season in review interview, then I can see the quotes coming as they did. If you think about it, Elkin probably was asking Lavar how did he feel at the time during his demotion, and how does he feel now in relation to all that and how that will affect his future as a Redskin. It's obvious Elkin took liberties with the interview to misconstrue what Lavar said and turn it into a speculative piece meant to fuel greater controversy on the eve of the biggest regular season game of the Redskins under Gibbs II.

Arrington this week should be focused on winning the Eagles game and not distracting himself by thoughts of what is going to happen AFTER the season/playoffs are over.

That is the sign of a selfish teammate.

See, despite the ability he obviously has physically, this is the reason Williams and the coaching staff don't fully trust this guy.

He plays hard on the field but is a walking controversy off of it. He just can't seem to keep his mouth shut and focus on playing the game.

If the interview by Elkin was played by Elkin to be a season in review interview, then I can see the quotes coming as they did. If you think about it, Elkin probably was asking Lavar how did he feel at the time during his demotion, and how does he feel now in relation to all that and how that will affect his future as a Redskin. It's obvious Elkin took liberties with the interview to misconstrue what Lavar said and turn it into a speculative piece meant to fuel greater controversy on the eve of the biggest regular season game of the Redskins under Gibbs II.

My question is why would he do that? What does Elfin hope to ultimately gain from writing an article like this? Does he want the Skins to lose against the Eagles this week? Haven't the team and the fans suffered enough?

After reading that article, you wouldn't think that Elfin writes for a paper that resides in Washington D.C.: the "home" of the Redskins.

My question is why would he do that? What does Elfin hope to ultimately gain from writing an article like this? Does he want the Skins to lose against the Eagles this week? Haven't the team and the fans suffered enough?

After reading that article, you wouldn't think that Elfin writes for a paper that resides in Washington D.C.: the "home" of the Redskins.

Elkin ultimatley gained exposure he never gets. This is the big story writers dream about. Look how much we are talking about this:doh: Look how much coverage he is getting from his fellow media:doh:

The only reason I can think of is that a newspapers main job is to sell papers, and given that Elkin sensed the perfect opportunity to sell some papers. Interview Lavar Arrington, get soem juicy quotes(Because as much as I like Lavar and think he has the best intentions at heart, he just doesn't know when to shut up) and write a nice, juicy, controversial article. And here we are talking about it, Mission accomplished!

I hope Lavar will realize one day that the media only gives a damn about your own best interests when it suits them.

I guess all the villagers have to put away the flaming torches and pitch forks.....For now.

Zip-it-up and Zip-it-OUT!

Or...they could keep it hot by pointing out if he didn't put it out there like that in the media in the first place (for the nth time) it coudl't be used to sell papers now :D

juss keepin the keyboards busy :laugh:

I hope the organization WAKES UP! Lavar needs to get himself healthy in the off season and do what ever it takes to keep Williams! The defense deserves it how many D- cordinaters does the team have to go through! Pay the man big bucks to stay especialy with the way things are going now. Its all about money, besides is there anybody out there to replace either one of them? I dont think so! You got to look at how the team is ran. Gibbs is the only good coach the skins has had since Snyder has owned the team. My opinion when this coaching is done I think snyder will bring in another fly by night coach you know another Spurrier that coaching hire was a hard one for me to swallow as a HUGE skins fan (sorry cant let that go) Ive babled enough

LA is history! His $3M cap savings by cutting his butt will prevail. This guy could be great if he had Sellers heart. He has lost the "Eye of the Tiger" and is a mere shell of himself. He's become way to comfortable with his millions and lost the passion. Sorry that it has come to this for some of you diehard #56 fans; LA is done!

I have been as big a critic of Lavar as anyone earlier this year, but there were a couple of spots in this article that looked a bit fishy to me....

1. "Some individuals hate it that there are more of my jerseys in the stands than anyone else's."

Does this quote look familiar to anyone else...., it looks like ones I saw 2 weeks before the SF game and right before Arrington seemed to catch on with the coaches and move forward and become a starter.

2."Obviously, using me sparingly or not at all is a very clear message,"

I also heard this one early in the season, and in fact, they have been using him a lot lately so this statement would make no sense right now.

3."who did not play despite suiting up for an Oct. 9 loss to the Denver Broncos. "

This little tid bit makes it seem as if this article is a couple months old,

Why does this article barely seem to mention that he regained his starting spot but seems to be mainly made up of tons of points and quotes from early in the season.

After hearing the reaction from Arrington and reading the article for the first time this evening, I can't help but see that this is an attempt by the writer of the article to make as much noise as he can, and the biggest way to do that is to publish an article that makes controversy, even if there is no controversy left.

I don't think arrington made these comments this week, nor did he have any kind of knowledge that this article would be released this week. This writer seems to have held this story till it would make the biggest impact and the most news, and since at the time there were way way too many stories just like this one earlier in the season, they decided to publish it now.

come'on ppl, tell me if I am right on the money or way off base.... this just seems odd to me

Try this link

Times article

Further, I never thought the day would come when I would stop defending Lavar but that day has finally arrived.

There's a time and a place for everything.

This is neither the time nor the place for Lavar to start with the 'woe is me' crap.

I'm with you on this one. I'm starting to get fed up with Lavar. He may be a crowd favorite, but comments like he made in that interview will make him lose some serious cool points. This is the second time I've heard him mention about the Redskins trading Champ Bailey away. News flash LA: Champ was getting burnt way too much. There was no way he deserved a big pay day from us.

Release him now and get it over with. We don't need his drama-queen bs right now.

He's yesterday's news, and vastly overestimates the love most fans have for him. He's wearing out his welcome. To even think about giving this interview right now shows you the only thing he's thinking about.

I'll give you a hint. It ain't beating the Eagles and it starts with an L.

Those are the words of a loser.

Release him now and get it over with. We don't need his drama-queen bs right now.

He's yesterday's news, and vastly overestimates the love most fans have for him. He's wearing out his welcome. To even think about giving this interview right now shows you the only thing he's thinking about.

I'll give you a hint. It ain't beating the Eagles and it starts with an L.

Those are the words of a loser.

Tarhog. I don't know you, but I have a lot of man love for you right now. :applause:

Jeeze,

Lavar is doing nothing but hurting his rep. more.

Shots at the Redskins (about Davis and Champ again????), Joe Pa. and even Marvin Lewis (again)........step up and make some plays and quit whining.

Chris Clemons, Marcus Washington, Lemar Marshall and Warrick Holdman are taking advantage of what they're given.

Want to go to the Pro Bowl again.....EARN IT!!!!!

It's ashamed b/c Lavar still has the ability to be a great player, too bad he's trying to be like TO.

i still love Lavar though. As disappointing as all of this talk is from Lavar, I can't ever forget how he was the only good thing that I could root for from 2000-2004.

I still feel Lavar's love for the Redskins, saying he would retire if he didnt come back here, he doesnt want to play anywhere else.

I will never forget his interview on ESPN's pregame show where he said, "Man, I'm always gonna be a Redskin" while he pounded his heart with his fist.

I'm disappointed right now, but I will always have a deep love and appreciation for lavar Arrington and hope to see him back in a redskins Uniform next year.

I HATE THE EAGLES:eaglesuck

What's even worse is that Lavar is a fan favorite.....he does a good job when he comes into the game and fires up the crowd.

He's a great player, hasn't lived up to the hype and his draft status, but he is a solid pro bowl playmaker when he's healthy.

Lavar.....please, please don't talk to the media again until the 2005/2006 season is over.

Wow, This article doesn't sit well in the stomach.

Through all the money issues and other problems, with this wonderful turn around the team is experiencing, nothing would be more pleasing than Lavar Arrington, Daniel Snyder and the Washington Redskins Organization work this dilemma out in favorable of Arrington continuing his career here!

That's adding my :2cents: in it!

Archived