Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

WT - LaVar's last stand? (Discusses Possible Retirement)

JimmiJo

Art we both know exactly what's going on and neither one of us would ever wear a Lavar jersey again. True That!

It's simply unbelievable that Lavar would do this. But facts are facts, he set the whole thing up, it was professionally orchestrated.

It has to be the most selfish act I've ever seen by a Redskin. It defines PUNK. What an act selfish malace.

SP,

I wear my own jersey. My former number and my name. I'll ALWAYS be a Redskin. The players I love won't. :).

Whats wrong with this picture? Look at the timing fans!!!!

"It's not a given that I'll continue playing if the Redskins get rid of me," the 27-year-old linebacker says, sitting in the dining room of his majestic, 20,000-square-foot mansion east of Annapolis. "I don't really want to play for anyone else.

This part shows hes home far from Redskins Park, Now this next part shows where he stays during practice and the season!!!!

Arrington lives so far from Redskin Park that he usually stays at a rental property in Virginia during the season rather than commute home to his version of paradise, with its adult playrooms full of autographed NFL helmets and NBA sneakers, suits of armor, Spider-Man statues, a koi-filled indoor pond and plenty of Arrington memorabilia.

Somethings not right with this timing, LA has waited his whole career to hit the Playoffs, why would he start crying now and why would he be home when it says he lives so far away that he stays in Va ALL Season!

So LaVar comes in on Third down this weekend and in the playoffs now that C. Clemons is out and utterly destroys and cause havoc will you want him around then.

If they finally release the beast and stop all the bull**** about him down at Redskins Park he will be fine and all the media noise will stop. And you'll be wearing 56 again!

Whats wrong with this picture? Look at the timing fans!!!!

"It's not a given that I'll continue playing if the Redskins get rid of me," the 27-year-old linebacker says, sitting in the dining room of his majestic, 20,000-square-foot mansion east of Annapolis. "I don't really want to play for anyone else.

This part shows hes home far from Redskins Park, Now this next part shows where he stays during practice and the season!!!!

Arrington lives so far from Redskin Park that he usually stays at a rental property in Virginia during the season rather than commute home to his version of paradise, with its adult playrooms full of autographed NFL helmets and NBA sneakers, suits of armor, Spider-Man statues, a koi-filled indoor pond and plenty of Arrington memorabilia.

Somethings not right with this timing, LA has waited his whole career to hit the Playoffs, why would he start crying now and why would he be home when it says he lives so far away that he stays in Va ALL Season!

Well, Annapolis isn't THAT far. If he had a couple days off in a row, it's not far-fetched that he would head to his mansion.

So LaVar comes in on Third down this weekend and in the playoffs now that C. Clemons is out and utterly destroys and cause havoc will you want him around then.

If they finally release the beast and stop all the bull**** about him down at Redskins Park he will be fine and all the media noise will stop. And you'll be wearing 56 again!

Just a guess, but, I suspect Arrington won't be used in Clemons role at all which will surprise a lot of us. Maybe I'm wrong on that, but we'll see.

I want him around now, and yet, I want him to stop doing STUPID things. It doesn't look like that's going to happen. When are you going to place some of the blame where it belongs - on Lavar? Regardless, I still wear #56, it's just a shirt.

and why would he be home when it says he lives so far away that he stays in Va ALL Season!

Not ALL. The word used was usually. He's free to go to his permament home anytime he wants to. Like say for example, before the Giants game last week when he had arranged an exclusive sit down interview with Elfin.

I don't want to see Lavar Arrington go. In fact, I'm a person who has difficulty accepting change many times, period. I don't think there is a single person on our team who i would want to see leave. While people were calling for Patrick Ramsey to go, i sat and hoped he would only stay to get better. Yes i know that can cost the success of our team which shouldn't be, but thats just how i am. Every one who was asking about trading CP for LT, I don't care how good LT is CP is amazing too. The bottom line though is that he's a Redskin, and that's why i wouldn't want him out for another player. To see Lavar Arrington about to leave after years of amazing play for our team, why would you want to see him go? The guy plays with such emotion and poise, he was a leader during losing seasons! Now he's gonna go after our first winning season in 6 years? That's bull S***. I believe both the Redskins and Arrington can find away because that will only make this football team stronger. It saddens me to read that article. He is one of the base Redskins and he needs to stay. And the fact that he's contemplating not playing at all if the Redskins let him go? Honestly, how many of you can imagine Lavar Arrington not being on a team in the NFL.

I agree with all of the concerns here, but there are so many great players and good things happening at this point that I don't think one player...even Lavar...can bring us down.

You almost can't blame him when you consider the good things that T.O. has coming to him after his rantin' & ravin'. Now everyone's showing up at his birthday party, teams are talking about signing him, nobody's really bashing him as much...he's on the other side of it and fairing quite well if you ask me...considering HIS timing...the year following a Superbowl appearance. Fortunately, Arrington pulled this latest stunt AFTER the fact!

I'm sure Gibbs will pass on this one and only take questions that concern the big game on Sunday against the Eagles...and winning a fourth superbowl!!!!

:cheers:

Agreed, timing sucks...but this is a pebble next to a boulder... :rolleyes:

Now let's get on with the game! :point2sky

Well he set out to maximize his income potential, wouldn't agree to his likeness on NFL football cards, finished with renegociating his contract three times in a row for the bonus money, after he had the skins by the short ones.

Lavar maximized his income opportunities-maybe he played it better than Deon. And really didn't even have to play the last two years. Good thing he got that new contract before Coach got here.

By my estimation this should be the last of the selfish freeloaders, Gibbs has finally jettisoned the last one.

Just a guess, but, I suspect Arrington won't be used in Clemons role at all which will surprise a lot of us. Maybe I'm wrong on that, but we'll see.

It wouldn't surprise me. Remember when he injured his quad in St. Louis? Well, the following week in AZ, he didn't make the trip out with the team. Joe Salave'a was also injured, but the team brought Joe to the desert with them.

I wonder if Marty would be willing to trade his #56 for our #56? :)

Not ALL. The word used was usually. He's free to go to his permament home anytime he wants to. Like say for example, before the Giants game last week when he had arranged an exclusive sit down interview with Elfin.

WoW TK, I could expect this out of TO but my gawd not our team and especialy at a time like this. All LA had to do was be a beast through this Post Season and that kind of play could make the owners and organization friends again, what is he thinking :doh:

Two things:

One: This is the Washington TIMES, people. It's the little-brother newspaper. It's not relevant. And irrelevant newspapers are ALWAYS trying to do something sensational. It would not surprise me if this is from an old interview.

Two: Even if it's a new interview, this means absolutely nothing in the grand scheme of things. LaVar Arrington is not an idiot. His agents may have been in the past, but the man is no fool. It's a cold, hard fact that the Redskins can't afford a large roster bonus against a single-season of the cap. NFL contracts are DELIBERATELY written with those obnoxious bonuses in them after a few years.

Why?

Because players ALWAYS want the option to re-structure their deals. Players (and agents) ALWAYS want an excuse to have another big payday.

LaVar KNOWS his deal needs to be restructured. And this is his way of saying, "OK, Danny-boy... you got one over on my idiot agent with that $6.5 million last year... but you're going to pay me that money now... with interest."

LaVar's deal will be restructured. His roster bonus will be converted to a new (and, likely, larger) signing bonus over a fresh long-term deal. Everyone will shake hands and smile for the cameras. And we'll soon forget there was ever a problem.

Either that, or LaVar is A)Clinically Stupid, or, B)Seriously Bitter, and really DOES want to get cut, and try his luck on the free agent market. Possible, but not likely.

Yeah I was looking for this... The Washington TIMES; much less revered (at least on a national level) than the POST. If the Washington Post (or Chris Mortensen for ESPN) verifies these interviews, then I'd be really concerned.

I think it would be a huge mistake for the Redskins NOT to do everything possible to make Arrington want to stay. Continuity and team leadership is what makes team in the NFL successful. Not to mention how LaVar Arrington is one of the most gifted athletes we have.

The nightmare scenario is having Arrington leave the team, and then have Greg Williams accept a head coaching job, then we'd be left with nothing.

Yeah I was looking for this... The Washington TIMES; much less revered (at least on a national level) than the POST. If the Washington Post (or Chris Mortensen for ESPN) verifies these interviews, then I'd be really concerned.

I was just thinking the same thing. I have heard nothing about this story on the national front...makes me wonder about its validity a little bit. It just sucks that Joe is going to have to deal with dumb ass questions about this.

Archived