Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

WT - LaVar's last stand? (Discusses Possible Retirement)

JimmiJo

jimmijo... murf.... you guys are both above this foolishness. everybody respects both of you around here.

Ding!

Seriously guys, knock it off. Take it to a PM if necessary, but knock it off in the thread as it's adding nothing to the actual discussion your feud splintered off from.

Thanks.

just another LaVar pitty party

he has issues, probably needs zoloff

Agreed, he is a mopey mother****er. He's just pissed that the team is doing well and that he's not the SOLE reason the skins are good. If he could make some game changing plays, maybe we'd continue to talk about him instead of Portis, Moss, Taylor, Washington, etc.

Oh, I comprehend. My comprehension of this subject allows me to get on here and call 90% of you losers and crotchety, 40-something fat men who really just don't have a clue.

You know your lack of comprehending rule #5 is what is going to allow you to not get on here for some time, right?

It seems obvious to me that this piece has been hacked together out of old pre LaVar starter quotes and more recent sound bites.

The question I ask myself is why on earth would Elfin decide to submit this piece now? Did he eat too much damn turkey during Christmas to make his deadlines? Is the Times getting a bit upset about the amount of access they have to the team? Why NOW???

It makes absolutely no sense.

One thing I noticed over the year was how cozy the Times got with the Redskins as the rift with the Post was starting to grow larger. Was this piece written and submitted under pressure from within the Redskins organization to start a smear campaign against LaVar in very much the same fashion that they have smeared against Bailey in the past?

This article makes absolutely no sense and seems way too damn manufactured for me.

Thanks you for some intelligent insight. The article makes no sense to me.. I listen to Sportstalk 980 a lot when I'm driving and LaVar has been on a few times the past couple weeks, and he has been nothing but full of praise for what the team has done and excitement about the possibilities of what the team can yet accomplish.

Your perception and insight makes me feel better. Even when they were having the bitterness over the contract, I've had a gut feeling about LaVar that he's not really that person, but his agent made him such. I still believe that. And I still like LaVar. Until actions prove the words in this article, I'll continue to like LaVar. Call me names if you wish, but just remember, I'm older than most of a lot of you on this board, so give me a tad respect, eh? ;)

:eaglesuck :eaglesuck :eaglesuck :eaglesuck :eaglesuck :eaglesuck :eaglesuck

Oh, I comprehend. My comprehension of this subject allows me to get on here and call 90% of you losers and crotchety, 40-something fat men who really just don't have a clue.

:nono: no need to go there, 20 somethings, & 30 somethings, are just as clueless

at this point no one knows everything going on, outside of Redskin Park.

Ding!

Seriously guys, knock it off. Take it to a PM if necessary, but knock it off in the thread as it's adding nothing to the actual discussion your feud splintered off from.

Thanks.

Already done - we're to the kissing and making up already. Back to this lousy writer and his ill-timed article ...

don't be silly no offense whatsoever... we're having a good discussion in the Lavar thread and a lot of people are over there, we should have all of the thoughts in that same thread, don't you agree?

I posted some of it over there.

I think we a thread with regard to: What to do? Different and more specific topic.

Seriously though, I am thinking some of these quotes came from earlier this year

If you heard him on the JT show last week after the Cowboys game, he seemed excited about "Getting his body right" and "meeting Marcus Washington at the QB"

God I hope you are right SHF. I for one am not passing judgement on Lavar until I hear it from LA or someone from the organization.

Hopefully this is just another case of the Nunyo's.

Okay, let’s try to pinpoint exactly when this interview was conducted. It wasn't Saturday, that is game day. It wasn't Sunday, that was Christmas day. It probably wasn't Monday, Monday LA came on the John Thompson show and praised his teammates, praised the coaching staff, said he couldn't wait to get to the playoffs, couldn't be more happy with where the team is headed. That leaves the small time span of yesterday. So between Monday night and yesterday afternoon Lavar did a 180 on his stance and is now contemplating retirement. Why wouldn't he have said this on the John Thompson show? Why wouldn't he have used a live, on air media to voice his displeasure? Lavar wouldn't use a small time media outlet like the Washington Times. This is one of the most discredited, useless, agenda driven periodicals in the history or the world. Why wouldn't he use Maske, Wilbon or any other nimrod at the Post?

If this article where a defensive line, the Arizona Cardinals could run for 150 and 3 scores on it. It has soo many holes and gaps and inconsistencies in it. Lavar had a bad attitude and we all know it. I support Lavar because he is my favorite player. I root for the Redskins first and foremost, I think it is important to not only root for the laundry but also to get behind players whom you feel embody a true sense of toughness and passion for the game and also possess immense talent.

Until Lavar comes out and says this stuff publicly and either credits or discredits this report I will continue to be a fan and supporter of his. I look forward to watching him pound Mike McMahon on Sunday. I look forward to watching him play in his first playoff game. I look forward to watching many more Redskins games with him wearing #56. I may be naive, blind, and ignorant. That is just the type of fan I am and I don't see anything wrong with it.

Okay, let’s try to pinpoint exactly when this interview was conducted. It wasn't Saturday, that is game day. It wasn't Sunday, that was Christmas day. It probably wasn't Monday, Monday LA came on the John Thompson show and praised his teammates, praised the coaching staff, said he couldn't wait to get to the playoffs, couldn't be more happy with where the team is headed. That leaves the small time span of yesterday. So between Monday night and yesterday afternoon Lavar did a 180 on his stance and is now contemplating retirement. Why wouldn't he have said this on the John Thompson show? Why wouldn't he have used a live, on air media to voice his displeasure? Lavar wouldn't use a small time media outlet like the Washington Times. This is one of the most discredited, useless, agenda driven periodicals in the history or the world. Why wouldn't he use Maske, Wilbon or any other nimrod at the Post?

If this article where a defensive line, the Arizona Cardinals could run for 150 and 3 scores on it. It has soo many holes and gaps and inconsistencies in it. Lavar had a bad attitude and we all know it. I support Lavar because he is my favorite player. I root for the Redskins first and foremost, I think it is important to not only root for the laundry but also to get behind players whom you feel embody a true sense of toughness and passion for the game and also possess immense talent.

Until Lavar comes out and says this stuff publicly and either credits or discredits this report I will continue to be a fan and supporter of his. I look forward to watching him pound Mike McMahon on Sunday. I look forward to watching him play in his first playoff game. I look forward to watching many more Redskins games with him wearing #56. I may be naive, blind, and ignorant. That is just the type of fan I am and I don't see anything wrong with it.

:applause: :applause: :applause: :applause:

Already done - we're to the kissing and making up already. Back to this lousy writer and his ill-timed article ...

while you're at it, I hope you'll offer up an adequate explanation as to why there were no cheerleader pics from Saturday's game :silly:

I've lost a lot more respect for Elfin than I have Arrington after reading this article.

To speculate any other team, especially San Diego, for LaVar next season is nothing more than guessing. This article was framed to make Arrington look terrible. Arrington really said nothing reprehensible-- Elfin just speculated more than liberally on his quotes.

In regard to LaVar, I don't think he's going to retire if cut. Too much money and pride on the line. I really hope GW an Gibbs swallow their pride and find a way to keep LA in Washington. He can be so valuable for us, and we've saw it last week... he's a playmaker.

AWESOME post. :applause: :applause: :cheers:

how many times has something appeared in the paper, people go off the deep end, only later to find out there was more to it, not true, or different as presented.

l suggest lets wait to see what happens, and find out more about it.

or not

And we have the winner!!!!!!

I urge everyone to wait and see before burying LaVar. I know that there is a segment of "fans" out there that live for this and need much less than this article to carve up LaVar. But for everyone else, just stop and take a deep breath and wait until we actually hear from the Redskins and LaVar in particular.

If at the end of the day, the article isn't refuted and we're left with a bunch of "no comments" and that sort of thing, then this becomes an issue.

LaVar Arrington is/has been my favorite Washington Redskin since my all-time favorite Redskin was dumped by Richie Petitbon, Gary Clark. LaVar has played his guts out, despite having a new coordinator every friggin year of his career. He's been a great player on the field and a better person off it. His charity work and the relationship he's built with the fans are what made him "the face of the Redskins" not solely his play on the field.

If this article holds up and it is indeed a recent interview, I'll be back and ready to express my disappointment in LaVar but I'm not about to bury him based solely on an article written by Elfin and that appears in the Washington Times.

:eaglesuck

Good post. I'm going to take the same stance until I have a real reason (and real evidence) to change it.

Although this article makes Lavar sound really unhappy about the team, it is overly sensational and exaggerated. Just doesn't seem like it was written recently.

Why should Lavar care about this team or the coaches? Do you think they care about him? That's the whole problem with the NFL. They expect players to be loyal and to honor contracts but there is no loyalty returned to the players. A team can cut them and they're ass out, if a player quits or retires they want their money back. Maybe Lavar needed an attitude check early this season, who knows. However I do know that an 80% Lavar is better than a 110% Holdman. Don't know what kind of love affair Holdman has with Lindsey but the dude is terrible. We'll never know if we could have won some of those close games with Lavar in there but I would like to think we certainly would have had a better chance than with Holdman. Call it a pity party if you want but how would you feel going from the penthouse to the outhouse? Especially if you believed the boss stole 6.5mil from you. Here's to Lavar going to San Diego and lighting the NFL up, I hope PR does the same. Now lets go kick Philly's ass!

Archived