Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

WT - LaVar's last stand? (Discusses Possible Retirement)

JimmiJo

Try this link

Times article

Further, I never thought the day would come when I would stop defending Lavar but that day has finally arrived.

There's a time and a place for everything.

This is neither the time nor the place for Lavar to start with the 'woe is me' crap.

Don't be mad at LaVar - turn your attention to the Washington Times writer who chose this week to write a cloumn about Arrington's post-Redskins life. It's no different than UnWise Mike running a article before the Week 2 Dallas-Skins game detailing the Redskins vs. native americans name lawsuit. Some writers would rather see the team continually face adversity - makes it easier to write about.

I have learned in the last few years even more that I am a fan of the WASHINGTON REDSKINS!!! If Stephen Davis was with us, then I'm with him. Same for Champ, Smoot, Lavar, or anyone else. When you leave I'll wish you well except when it affects the Skins. It will work out, or it won't. I'll still be here when the smoke clears. :2cents:

this sounds like an old article with a few updated sentences injected to make it sound as if this interview took place yesterday. - I don't buy it.

I agree. This interview was probably done awhile back when all the controversy was coming out. But why print it then, everyone was reporting that. So, you wait until the smoke clears then start the controversy again. Let's go fire bomb the author.

:evil: :security: :hammer: :cuss:

Lavar does NOT make the Washington Redskins. He is merely ONE of the players. Period.

Players come and go......and some how the REDSKINS survive.

Had Lavar been all over the field this last year......and been OMG awesome, maybe this would bother me more. Fact is, I love the SKINS.....with or without Lavar.

I don't care WHEN he said this. The fact is HE SAID IT PERIOD. Whining to the press seems to be his standard operating proceedure. If he said this in October or last week.........the fact is......he aired his laundry. He called out Snyder to the media.

Lavar has proven to be a "look at me" player. The TEAM is now getting attention. Lavar is not the most sought after interveiw.

Lavar, I here by bequeath you the title of:

Dramaqueen.jpg

Blondie

I dislike this guy! He's all about LA! Why now Lavar? A real team guy. I hope GW benches his ass on Sunday and throughout the playoffs. He's not a playmaker anymore and he clearly stated that he would not redo his contract. What choice do you give the Redskins for such great play?

Had this long drawn out thing locked and loaded. Could find post some contradictions in the story and such, but stopped and came back. Fact is like Arpt pointed out there's alot on the line for the reporter to make stuff up. And he has said things like this before. Hence the reference to old news. This is poor timing and I am disappointed in the man.

Lavar does NOT make the Washington Redskins. He is merely ONE of the players. Period.

Players come and go......and some how the REDSKINS survive.

Had Lavar been all over the field this last year......and been OMG awesome, maybe this would bother me more. Fact is, I love the SKINS.....with or without Lavar.

I don't care WHEN he said this. The fact is HE SAID IT PERIOD. Whining to the press seems to be his standard operating proceedure. If he said this in October or last week.........the fact is......he aired his laundry. He called out Snyder to the media.

Lavar has proven to be a "look at me" player. The TEAM is now getting attention. Lavar is not the most sought after interveiw.

Lavar, I here by bequeath you the title of:

Dramaqueen.jpg

Blondie

:applause:

You know something had to be the fly in the soup this week. Its been too positive in Redskins nation this week.Mostly all the nay-sayers from early in the season are changing their opinion and views of this team, so guess what? Along comes LA and the Times to get someone riled up before a crucial game. Normaly this would be a big deal, but this team has the face of Gibbs on it and all this brush fire will do is make the team stronger.

You know this article doesnt bother me at all because when it comes down to it Sean Taylor is the consistent impact player on this D and Arrington just does not have that Killer attitude needed to be dominant in this game. If football isnt important to him go play some where else and quickly. Arrington was one of my favorites but after this article i cant stand him anymore.

You know this article doesnt bother me at all because when it comes down to it Sean Taylor is the consistent impact player on this D and Arrington just does not have that Killer attitude needed to be dominant in this game. If football isnt important to him go play some where else and quickly. Arrington was one of my favorites but after this article i cant stand him anymore.

Yes I agree, however he is still the media darling and this will drive a go-zillion questions and may be all we hear about.

I hope not.

Lavar will be out of the league in 2 yrs. He is like Micheal Westbrook, Kwame Brown, Rod Gardner

They just do not like football that much. They only played it because they were talented

Everytime Arrington talks to the John Thompson show he acts like he wife ust died or something.

He is one of the few people not excited to play football. Then you hear Marcus Washington talk to the sports junkies. He loves the game , excited to show what he can do.

LA....once again...don't listen to these folks. They don't give a rat's arse about you or your family. It's all some neat abstraction about a team that is conveniently applied - often without knowledge of the real facts - to cover any disapproval of statements made by players they happen to disagree with.....no knowledge of when the statements were made, if they were made, whether they have had any impact in the lockerroom, whether they have had any impacts on relationships among players and among players and coaches. in short....it's all speculation. and speculation that is especially comical when viewed against the backdrop of "I trust in Joe" proclamations. well....Joe aint said nothing about this.

maybe....just maybe........you have legitimate complaints against BOTH your agent and the FO. we will never know since we weren't party to the discussions and don't know what promises were made. while your timing may be off...the higher principle is the implicit throttling of speech that so many are soooooo comfortable with. stick to your guns...act according to your own lights. none of these folks will be around for you if the *hit hits the proverbial fan....they just scream really loudly when you play well or are carted off the field with an injury.

it's your future...not theirs. you actually play for the team...they don't.

maybe....just maybe........you have legitimate complaints against BOTH your agent and the FO. we will never know since we weren't party to the discussions and don't know what promises were made. while your timing may be off...the higher principle is the implicit throttling of speech that so many are soooooo comfortable with. stick to your guns...act according to your own lights. none of these folks will be around for you if the *hit hits the proverbial fan.

He may indeed have legitimate complaints, but why air them at this point in the season, or even during the season? Why could this not wait a month?

Typical Lavar. I first signed up on this site because I had to vent my frustations on Lavar. He is/was/and always will be an overrated overpaid pre-madonna. Even in his prime he was never an exceptional player, yes he made a lot of pro bowls but I never saw it on the field. Lavar will be remebered as someone who sold a lot of jerseys, had a large fanbase, and was a pretty average football player with potential.

JimiJo.......my point is that folks are jumping all over him without knowing all the facts. We don't know what is going on in the background....and the explicit thought - that this will disrupt the team before a big game - has been proven by no one. this is a tight team....LA has said as much on COMCAST several times in the last week. for all we know it will be treated like Springs handled ST's no show the other night: "That's LA." He's not dissing other players.......he's not threatening to play below his abilities.....he's saying he loves the Redskins, still has some issues with management about how his contract renegotiation was handled, has some fears (implicitly) about what the team intends to do with him next season. we can argue forever about public/private and timing of player statements. I don't see anything that's really disruptive in this - it's not like he's TO badmouthing coaches, players...the universe.

we don't know if this has had any impact whatsoever....it's just idle speculation and an unreflexible (unreflective?) application of what "team" means.

this is small potatoes. there is no doubt in my mind that he will be performing to the best of his abilities this weekend and on into the playoffs. there is no doubt in my mind that the players/lockerroom are likely not impacted by this. the only problem here is between LA and management....and we don't know how severe that is. given that the impact is likely nil (yes, I don't know with any more assurance than others who claim there is an impact), it boils down to an individual asserting his rights.

this is small potatoes. there is no doubt in my mind that he will be performing to the best of his abilities this weekend and on into the playoffs. there is no doubt in my mind that the players/lockerroom are likely not impacted by this. the only problem here is between LA and management....and we don't know how severe that is. given that the impact is likely nil (yes, I don't know with any more assurance than others who claim there is an impact), it boils down to an individual asserting his rights.

It's already the top story on 980 on the news breaks for local news. At today's press conference it will generate at least a dozen questions to the coach. We just went through this a few months ago. LA knows the impact of his words in the media.

Again, I don't question his 'right,' just the timing.

Archived