Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

WT - LaVar's last stand? (Discusses Possible Retirement)

JimmiJo

If we cut him after June 1, we defer much of the hit until the following (as of right now uncapped) year.

Again... that is why I'm interested in seeing the actual numbers.

It seems that this has been discussed... and it seems that our cap room is basically unchanged next year whether we keep him or release him... despite the fact that he is due another roster bonus.

If this is true, why cut him?

(and the uncapped year will not remain so for much longer)

I think you're all a bunch of "Yes man", Kool-aid drinking Homers....

Noone here has the inside track on anything Redskins, so stop acting like you do. You don't know anything about the article, you're only speculating. The same way you speculate about every other topic on here. But you're doing it in a way as if actual facts were spewing from your mouth. Stop that. You really don't know what you're talking about.

You've failed somewhere in life, probably in a sport, so now you're living vicariously through this team. Stop that, go get yourself a life.

Lavar is personally one of my favorite Redskins. I know I'm not alone in that sentiment. Look at the #56 jerseys, look at the reaction from people here on this board when Lavar got the starting job again. Those same people who cheered when he came back are the one's waving goodbye now.

How lame are you? Can't you make up your mind about how you really feel?

You've all got your heads so far up Joe Gibbs ass...

If it were Norv or Marty here and this happened, I'm pretty sure you'd be calling for the coach to leave. But since it's good ole' Joe (Personal Jesus) Gibbs, you trust this organization blindly.

Tell ya what. JG coached Dexter. Lavar is the closest to Dexter we've come, plus Lavar can actually read words. Do you really think JG would want to let someone like that go?

This article didn't call anyone out. Lavar didn't do anything he shouldn't. If this article distracts the team from making the playoffs, the don't deserve to be there anyway.

As Lavar said in the article, his contract dispute poisoned his relationship with Snyder.

The Redskins have been 38-42 since Snyder took over. They've made the playoffs once since '99. But since Snyder took over, the Redskins annual profits have increased by $100 Million. They've played horribly, but they've become more profitable...?

My point is this:

1. Alot of you should really be ashamed of yourself

2. Don't believe anything until you actually see it happen

3. Snyder is a great businessman, but horrible owner. Regardless of how big a "Redskin fan" he is. I know he spends $$$ on this team. You can pour syrup on :pooh:.....

4. The fact that Lavar is considering not playing anymore if he is released by the 'Skins shows what kind of Redskin fan he really is.

5. If something does happen with Lavar, you can bet that is wasn't just JG or Williams.

But then again, I'm just as ignorant as most of you...

Again... that is why I'm interested in seeing the actual numbers.

It seems that this has been discussed... and it seems that our cap room is basically unchanged next year whether we keep him or release him... despite the fact that he is due another roster bonus.

If this is true, why cut him?

(and the uncapped year will not remain so for much longer)

Gibbs will cut him if he doesn't want to be here. That's the way he is.

I too, though, am interested to know if the # is exactly the same if we keep him or cut him.

But most importantly, I don't want to worry about this, I want to get fired up for the PLAYOFFS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Noone here has the inside track on anything Redskins, so stop acting like you do. You don't know anything about the article, you're only speculating. The same way you speculate about every other topic on here. But you're doing it in a way as if actual facts were spewing from your mouth. Stop that. You really don't know what you're talking about.

You've failed somewhere in life, probably in a sport, so now you're living vicariously through this team. Stop that, go get yourself a life.

Lavar is personally one of my favorite Redskins. I know I'm alone in that sentiment. Look at the #56 jerseys, look at the reaction from people here on this board when Lavar got the starting job again. Those same people who cheered when he came back are the one's waving goodbye now.

If it were Norv or Marty here and this happened, I'm pretty sure you'd be calling for the coach to leave. But since it's good ole' Joe (Personal Jesus) Gibbs, you trust this organization blindly.

Tell ya what. JG coached Dexter. Lavar is the closest to Dexter we've come, plus Lavar can actually read words. Do you really think JG would want to let someone like that go?

This article didn't call anyone out. Lavar didn't do anything he shouldn't. If this article distracts the team from making the playoffs, the don't deserve to be there anyway.

As Lavar said in the article, his contract dispute poisoned his relationship with Snyder.

The Redskins have been 38-42 since Snyder took over. They've made the playoffs once since '99. But since Snyder took over, the Redskins annual profits have increased by $100 Million. They've played horribly, but they've become more profitable...?

My point is this:

3. Snyder is a great businessman, but horrible owner. Regardless of how big a "Redskin fan" he is. I know he spends $$$ on this team. You can pour syrup on :pooh:.....

4. The fact that Lavar is considering not playing anymore if he is released by the 'Skins shows what kind of Redskin fan he really is.

5. If something does happen with Lavar, you can bet that is wasn't just JG or Williams.

I think it is you drinking kool-aid, Son.

You might want to back up on the name-calling too.

http://www.washingtontimes.com/sports/20051228-120248-9729r.htm

LaVar's last stand?

LaVar Arrington knows he won't be a member of the Washington Redskins much longer. That's fine with him. In fact, Arrington is not sure he wants to play football for any team after this season.

"It's not a given that I'll continue playing if the Redskins get rid of me," the 27-year-old linebacker says, sitting in the dining room of his majestic, 20,000-square-foot mansion east of Annapolis. "I don't really want to play for anyone else. I don't feel bad about it. I've had my time. I'm capable of doing other things besides football."

Click on link...

Way to go Lavar, i see your quest for attention has begun to spin it's wheels again...... :doh:

Lavar is a selfcentered punk, I wish now I hadn't high fived him on the sidelines Sunday. This is the final straw of selfishness. I watched him on the field just sucking up all of the applause like it was for him, not for his team Sunday.

I'm truly sick to my stomach. It time to T.O. him immediately, Send the Beotch home. It will be a close commute to the Ravens facility from where he lives.

Diagnosis final, he's been the cancer for all these years. I was nervous last week because he was starting. It's the first game all year that he started and we won.

Or is shows how wishy-washy LaVar is and that his heart is more into money and less into football.

Don't talk about Kool-Aid. You got a tap hooked right up to LaVar's hindquarters. I think I'll put my trust into a HOF Coach and not the former face of a former losing team.

I think it is you drinking kool-aid, Son.

You might want to back up on the name-calling too.

Really Pops? What kool-aid is that? The "Yes, I can think independantly" Kool-Aid? You take your side, I'll take mine.

Back it up? Just look through the posts on here...JG ass must be chafing from all the noses rubbing against it.

He's turning it around and that's great. I'm happy. But I'm not happy when It seems that the individuality is being taken away from our team, the game.

He's turning it around and that's great. I'm happy. But I'm not happy when It seems that the individuality is being taken away from our team, the game.

Then you'll never get it.

This is a team game. We were losing because Dan Snyder spent money on individuals who couldn't play as a team. That is being turned around now. If LaVar is the last remnant of that era of self-centeredness, then so be it. The team wins and loses as a team.

You'll also never get how Joe Gibbs has dealt with people who choose to have personalities. He loves players with personalities... Riggins, Portis, etcetera. What he doesn't like is stuff like this. Do not embarass the team, bottom line.

Lavar is personally one of my favorite Redskins. I know I'm not alone in that sentiment. Look at the #56 jerseys, look at the reaction from people here on this board when Lavar got the starting job again. Those same people who cheered when he came back are the one's waving goodbye now.

My point is this:

Wow, all of this from a guy that can't seem to comprehend the purpose of a message board. Oh, boo hoo. Lavar makes a stupid statement, and people get on him about it. I'll bet you're his number one, "most bestest" fan in the whole wide world, aren't you? And if he leaves the team, you won't grace us with your presence as a fan anymore, huh? :doh:

Really Pops? What kool-aid is that? The "Yes, I can think independantly" Kool-Aid? You take your side, I'll take mine.

Back it up? Just look through the posts on here...JG ass must be chafing from all the noses rubbing against it.

Drivel, nonsense, the rantings of an assclown.

We're playing better than we have in a dozen years, Lavar waits until after the last home game and submarines his teamates in the Washington Times no less. He totally planned this whole thing.

Lavar is a self-centered punk, I wish now I hadn't high fived him on the sidelines Sunday. This is the final straw of selfishness. I watched him on the field just sucking up all of the applause like it was for him, not for his team Sunday.

I'm truly sick to my stomach. It time to T.O. him immediately, Send the Beotch home. It will be a close commute to the Ravens facility from where he lives.

Diagnosis final, he's been the cancer for all these years. I was nervous last week because he was starting. It's the first game all year that he started and we won.

Replace the name on the back of your Arrington jerseys with PUNK.

This is the most dead-on statement out of everything you and your soapbox just said.

there are several ways to read a statement like that.

Considering that even the likes of Charles Mann and Art Monk went on to play for different teams after their time with the Redskins, I would argue that even among the biggest Redskin fan/players, their love of the game of football comes first.

Not sure it does with Lavar. If he is able to play and has options, why would he retire at 27? Because he is a Redskins fan? Give me a break. If his heart were in the game and he is physically able to play, he would be playing somewhere.

Wow, all of this from a guy that can't seem to comprehend the purpose of a message board. Oh, boo hoo. Lavar makes a stupid statement, and people get on him about it. I'll bet you're his number one, "most bestest" fan in the whole wide world, aren't you? And if he leaves the team, you won't grace us with your presence as a fan anymore, huh? :doh:

:laugh: :laugh:

Archived