Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

WT - LaVar's last stand? (Discusses Possible Retirement)

JimmiJo

and just like before...it will blow over. tempest in a teepot. Joe will likely say one of three things:

1) I don't want to discuss this we have a big game coming up.

2) We resolved this issue previously and it is no longer open for discussion.

3) We will discuss these matetrs with LA during the offseason.

whichever route is taken...he will shelve it. ONLY THE PRESS/MEDIA CAN KEEP THIS GOING. the conversation will focus exactly on what you have zoomed in on - the timing - and not whether there has been any real impact in the lockerroom. it's the media and the fans who will create the impact. I honestly believe that the players could care less about this article....it doesn't speak to them. they will know immediately in practice and the classroom whether there is any real substance to this that will show up on the field.....and it is on the field that is the only thing that really matters this week and on into the payoffs. it's much more likely they are thinking: "brotha...drop the matter until the season is over. As a player I'm sympathetic - management can sack me at any time or structure contracts that look nice but are backended. You've been great and played injured - that earns respect in my book.You said your piece...now let's focus on what we're gonna do about the Iggles."

the players - the "team" - just aren't gonna be phased by this. and that's all I care about at this point. we won't know if there are any impacts until later in the week or during the game.

yes..we'ld all like to have Stepford Skins who toed the party line neatly and politely. the real world doesn't work like that.

Whether his comments were made yesterday or two months ago does it really matter??? He admits that the team can't afford his contract next year and that he WON'T rework his contract. He still is holding a grudge against Snyder and, unfortunately, Snyder writes the checks around here. If he goes I think I will get over it.

Zip-it-up and Zip-it-OUT!

it's your future...not theirs. you actually play for the team...they don't.

Only one thing, Al. I've been a fan since way before LaVar, I'll continue to be a fan after LaVar.

If this is a recent interview, then one has to question LaVar's motivation. The team has so much on the line right now and doesn't need him screaming "me, me, me" again.

They have worked too hard and deserve better than this.

I'm sure his family, his children and even his grandchildren are well taken care of. You don't own a 20,000 square foot house and expect the fans to worry about your well-being. The last I checked, he doesn't help me pay off the credit card bills and mortgage payment I get every month. I care about the Redskins, not the play time of Little Lord Fauntleroy.

Why isn't anyone blaming the Washington Times for releasing this now? Chances are LA did the interview some time ago, probably not this past week or two. The Times could have held out until next week with it.

You must have missed page 4. Some of us could give a rats ass what the Times has to say.

Why isn't anyone blaming the Washington Times for releasing this now? Chances are LA did the interview some time ago, probably not this past week or two. The Times could have held out until next week with it.

Exactly, that's what I pointed out earlier in this thread. People on this site are quick to turn on the Washington Post/Times for factual errors or Sally Jenkins for anything she writes, but for some reason this article is LaVar's fault - not the person who chose to write it now.

Maybe if LaVar wrote the article then I could understand blasting him and some of the reactions I'm reading, but no one has even considered looking at the person who wrote this dumb article during the Skins playoff push. Just baffles me.

yes..we'd all like to have Stepford Skins who toed the party line neatly and politely. the real world doesn't work like that.

This is football, not the real world, and before I pick up and fly the flag of the everyman against Big Brother Syder - especially for a guy who has made a buttload of money during his stay here - I am going to ask why this and why now.

You know... I like LA as a player, but I hate the fact that so much attention has been taken away from those that have worked so hard to get us where we are now. LA has not had much impact on this team this year, while others have had their best seasons ever... why don't we concentrate on them?

i don't think so because he specifically references a Saturday game and as far as I know, the only Saturday game we've played was last week. LaVar, I don't even know what to say....sorry, yes I do, SEE YA PUNK. Don't let the door hit you in the *** on the way out. What a sorry, whiny little cry baby. Oh well, at least this may help justify letting him go to the media/fans, as if $65 mil for a washed up role player isn't reason enough already.

After reading this latest outburst I really believe that Lavar should be sidelined for the rest of his time with the team. I think that would send a message to the rest of the team that the Skins are a FAMILY and certain things should be kept in house...especially when they are embarking on what could be a playoff run. Here's a guy who has seen the bad times and on the eve of a chance to get to the playoffs and all he can talk about is how he was dissed, how it's just a game, and how he might retire. If these quotes are accurate and recent (which they appear to be b/c of the reference to Saturday) my perception of you has forever changed. I can only hope that you are inactive for the rest of your career in the Burgundy and Gold. I'd rather lose with you sitting home in your 20000 sf mansion watching the game on your flatscreen than win and listen to how Dan Snyder doesn't like you while we are preparing for our next big game. I really hope that this is your last act.....but with your desire of being the drama queen I'm sure we haven't heard the last of you...if Lavar was getting the credit for beating the Cowboys and Giants he'd have kept his mouth shut. But the only names we heard after those games were Cooley, Moss, Daniels, Portis, Brunell...etc.

Many people resort to taking shots when they aren't in the limelight....too bad you're sure an attention whore Lavar instead of a true teammate and consummate professional. Goodbye and good riddance!

Exactly, that's what I pointed out earlier in this thread. People on this site are quick to turn on the Washington Post/Times for factual errors or Sally Jenkins for anything she writes, but for some reason this article is LaVar's fault - not the person who chose to write it now.

Maybe if LaVar wrote the article then I could understand blasting him and some of the reactions I'm reading, but no one has even considered looking at the person who wrote this dumb article during the Skins playoff push. Just baffles me.

This article is poisonous, treacherous, and brutal shot at the Skins! I agree, this was a blatant ambush on the skins right before such a big game...

I understand that if someone has this article, sure go ahead and print it, but at least consider the timing...I hope this moved the Times right to the front of The Danny's **** list ...

why lavar would say this at this time is beyond me. after fixing the relationship with the team he comes out with this just before we get into the playoffs. i think his agenda is to definately be traded or cut. i guarantee his butt will be on the bench on saturday. i love lavar but this piece makes me sick. i read an article about him loving the team chemistry yesterday and now this?????????

I think the big picture here is not what he said but that a paper that is the last time I checked had washington before it's name would put it out there ,no matter when it was done. I mean what world do I live in where I always thought that a paper of a sports team would try and help it not hurt it??????

WOW That is COLD!!!!!

This article is poisonous, treacherous, and brutal shot at the Skins! I agree, this was a blatant ambush on the skins right before such a big game...

I understand that if someone has this article, sure go ahead and print it, but at least consider the timing...I hope this moved the Times right to the front of The Danny's **** list ...

Every single local news writer and reporter would have run this story. This is big news around here and there is no way this would have been shelved. Any thoughts to the contrary are fantasy.

LaVar knows what comments such as these will bring, please stop blaming the writer. This took place in LaVar's house! Who do think arranged that?

Every single local news writer and reporter would have run this story. This is big news around here and there is no way this would have been shelved. Any thoughts to the contrary are fantasy.

LaVar knows what comments such as these will bring, please stop blaming the writer. This took place in LaVar's house! Who do think arranged that?

I agree this story is worth running ... in the offseason when you need to come up with something to run. If you can't come up with enough content during the team's four-game winning streak and the first legit playoff push since 1999, then as a writer I'm here to tell you that you suck at your job. Period.

I agree this story is worth running ... in the offseason when you need to come up with something to run. If you can't come up with enough content during the team's four-game winning streak and the first legit playoff push since 1999, then as a writer I'm here to tell you that you suck at your job. Period.

You can't blame the writer, it's just business. He gets paid to sell papers, and in that regard this story is a runaway success. He doesn't owe the Skins anything. Lavar on the other hand is paid way, way too much to help the skins win and to represent them well. In that regard, Lavar couldn't have failed more miserably. He a whiny me-first primadonna and I can't wait to see him gone. I hope GW benches his dumb *** for the rest of his career here.

If the timing of this does indeed prove to be recent, I would deactiviate his ass for the rest of the season/postseason. I would tell him not to come back to Redskins Park until the offseason. This guy has a cloud over his head and he can keep that clould over his Annapolis mansion rather than trying to infest a team that he wishes he was a significant part of.

Time to face the music. Arrington really ****ed up when he bad mouthed the organization and the management over the last year. Now that he has become an average, injury-prone player, he has also become incredibliy expendable.

My favorite part of the article is where he mentions that he wouldn't restructure his contract to help the team. Oh damn, one of the most overated players in the NFL won't restructure his contract to stay with the team and give us the montly media parades. We're sure going to miss your 2 tackles a game, Lavar. See ya.

I will speak no more of this, other than to remind you that this interview took place in LA's house, this week. Again, if any writer gets an offer to go to the nedia darling's house for an exclusive interview, he is going.

To think they would not run this for any reason is folly. Their job is not to be homers for the team. Their job is to report.

This is all just very sad. The whole situation.

I was really looking forward to seeing what Lavar could do next season with the benefit of an entire offseason of workouts and mini camps. Continuing to rehab the knee, getting his explosiveness back.

Looks like his heart isn't in it, though. It seems he's already given up. Since when did whining and self-pity become a part of Lavar's game? :mad:

You can't blame the writer, it's just business. He gets paid to sell papers, and in that regard this story is a runaway success. He doesn't owe the Skins anything. Lavar on the other hand is paid way, way too much to help the skins win and to represent them well. In that regard, Lavar couldn't have failed more miserably. He a whiny me-first primadonna and I can't wait to see him gone. I hope GW benches his dumb *** for the rest of his career here.

So you don't have a problem with UnWise Mike waiting until the week of the Dallas Cowboys game to break out his "the Redskins should change their name because it's offensive" article? In the journalism business that's called an evergreen story - there's no timeliness to it. Wise can write that before, during or after the season. Why run it the week the Skins take on their biggest enemy on Monday Night Football?

Same with this writer. Why write this now? Why not focus on any of the dozen other issues facing the team this week that actually affect the team and it's playoff hopes? I'm a writer - I know this person has a job to do. But I'm just questioning the timing on this article and the intentions of the writer.

Archived