Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

WT - LaVar's last stand? (Discusses Possible Retirement)

JimmiJo

I said I was done on the subject of should it have been run. What are you, the post police now?

No, I'm just trying to read people's intelligent thoughts and I have to skip over you and your telling people to "stop name calling" comments, and then referring to people "assclowns." I'm sure there are plenty of other places on the 'net for your pissing contest - that's all.

No, I'm just trying to read people's intelligent thoughts and I have to skip over you and your telling people to "stop name calling" comments, and then referring to people "assclowns." I'm sure there are plenty of other places on the 'net for your pissing contest - that's all.

Really? Thanks for your intelligent input, which brought absolutely no value to anything. Sounds like you are a little peeved that your Man-God LaVar is being criticized. Of course you did not acknowledge the post I responded to, because despite the rudeness of it you agreed with the thrust of it.

Man, these rookies get old quick.

It seems obvious to me that this piece has been hacked together out of old pre LaVar starter quotes and more recent sound bites.

The question I ask myself is why on earth would Elfin decide to submit this piece now? Did he eat too much damn turkey during Christmas to make his deadlines? Is the Times getting a bit upset about the amount of access they have to the team? Why NOW???

It makes absolutely no sense.

One thing I noticed over the year was how cozy the Times got with the Redskins as the rift with the Post was starting to grow larger. Was this piece written and submitted under pressure from within the Redskins organization to start a smear campaign against LaVar in very much the same fashion that they have smeared against Bailey in the past?

This article makes absolutely no sense and seems way too damn manufactured for me.

Okay, so some people are suggesting that this interview may have occured some time ago, correct? If that is a fact, then this writer is done with the Washington Redskins. There is no way he will get anywhere near the team ever again. Don't you think the writer would consider that?

Wow, all of this from a guy that can't seem to comprehend the purpose of a message board. Oh, boo hoo. Lavar makes a stupid statement, and people get on him about it. I'll bet you're his number one, "most bestest" fan in the whole wide world, aren't you? And if he leaves the team, you won't grace us with your presence as a fan anymore, huh? :doh:

Oh, I comprehend. My comprehension of this subject allows me to get on here and call 90% of you losers and crotchety, 40-something fat men who really just don't have a clue.

With the exception of the last two years, and mainly because of the injury, Lavar has been a huge asset to this team and it's community. It'll be a damn shame to see the organization turn it's back on him if that's indeed what does happen.

Some of us want some clarity on this issue. I listened to his interview on 980 on Monday. He was praising Springs, Griffin, Taylor, Salvea. He was praising the gameplan that the coaching staff put in. He was saying that this team has great things in front of it and if they kept executing that the sky was the limit. He then took extra time to thank the fans, to say just how important we were to their victories. Didn't sound much like a guy who was about to retire.

When exactly would Lavar have given this interview? If it is recent then it would have to have been conducted on Monday. That is the only time that the Redskins have off. Lavar stays in Virginia on days during game weeks. This article is a mix and match of old and new material.

The Michael Irvin interview that Lavar did on ESPN. This was the last interview he did. With the team winning, the playoffs on the line and him getting a much larger role in all of it, why would he come out now? This article is old people. This article is a pot shot attempt to ruin the Redskins season. Besides, why would he grant an interview to this F***Knukcle? Wouldn't you go t Maske or someone at the Post. The readership of the times is pretty limited. The Post is where you would want to hit. I am sure LAS

Dude, what in sam hill are you talking about?

:laugh:

Yeah, I knew threw a big curve with that one!

Basically I was trying to say that I don't buy the its a business so they have a right to print the story" argument

The fur trade ( I'm laughing as i'm writing this!) is a business, but that doesn't not hide the fact that what they do, and how they do it is wrong - in my opinion.

Any better? probably not ... :doh:

I'm done ...

Really? Thanks for your intelligent input, which brought absolutely no value to anything. Sounds like you are a little peeved that your Man-God LaVar is being criticized. Of course you did not acknowledge the post I responded to, because despite the rudeness of it you agreed with the thrust of it.

Man, these rookies get old quick.

I'm the rookie?!? I'm the guy who was standing in the Redskins locker room on behalf of this website Saturday after the game listening to LaVar Arrington talk about how well this team is playing and how great it is to be playing in meaningful games this late in the season for the first time in his career. Just because you post more doesn't mean you actually have anything to say.

Try talking down to someone else, skippy.

One thing I noticed over the year was how cozy the Times got with the Redskins as the rift with the Post was starting to grow larger. Was this piece written and submitted under pressure from within the Redskins organization to start a smear campaign against LaVar in very much the same fashion that they have smeared against Bailey in the past?

ha.... I threw out the same conspiracy theory a few pages back. Not much reaction from anyone, but funny you had the same thought.

It seems obvious to me that this piece has been hacked together out of old pre LaVar starter quotes and more recent sound bites.

The question I ask myself is why on earth would Elfin decide to submit this piece now? Did he eat too much damn turkey during Christmas to make his deadlines? Is the Times getting a bit upset about the amount of access they have to the team? Why NOW???

It makes absolutely no sense.

This article makes absolutely no sense and seems way too damn manufactured for me.

Wish I had read your post before writing mine. That's an interesting perspective, and one I had not considered. I'm going to assume that Lavar will get mobbed by reporters today after practice, so it will be interesting to see what he says. If in fact what you have suggested proves to be fact, I will NEVER read the Times' Sports page again.

i don't think so because he specifically references a Saturday game and as far as I know, the only Saturday game we've played was last week. LaVar, I don't even know what to say....sorry, yes I do, SEE YA PUNK. Don't let the door hit you in the *** on the way out. What a sorry, whiny little cry baby. Oh well, at least this may help justify letting him go to the media/fans, as if $65 mil for a washed up role player isn't reason enough already.

It mentions Saturday, yes, but it could have been any Saturday. It could have been him 3 months ago reflecting on his career talking to his wife/friends on a Saturday before A game.

To me it seems more like the Saturday quote has been thrown in to give it the appearance of being more recent than the quotes actually are.

Oh, I comprehend. My comprehension of this subject allows me to get on here and call 90% of you losers and crotchety, 40-something fat men who really just don't have a clue.

With the exception of the last two years, and mainly because of the injury, Lavar has been a huge asset to this team and it's community. It'll be a damn shame to see the organization turn it's back on him if that's indeed what does happen.

Actually, I'm 27, I'm not a loser, I'm not fat, and I'm certainly not a bitter, whiney, "holier than thou", one step from jumping out the window freak such as yourself. But hey, let's be civil :laugh: .

i don't think this will affect the team too bad... they've been through this once already and perseveered (i know spelling is wrong).... they know whats at stake on sun and won't let an article in a newspaper, that isn't even getting national attention, stop them

But this part doesn't make sense:

""Obviously, using me sparingly or not at all is a very clear message," says Arrington, who did not play despite suiting up for an Oct. 9 loss to the Denver Broncos."

Why in the world would ANY writer feel the need to bring up not playing in a game almost three months ago?? Or is he trying to imply that Arrington brought it up or is still upset about it? If so, why not quote Arrington himself saying so? Not to mention having to go back almost three months to give an example of LaVar being used "sparingly or not at all"...if that were truly Arrington's feelings as of this morning, wouldn't you think some mention of recent playing time would be more appropriate?

Dunno, seems like a mishmash of facts, quotes and interviews from the entire season...Not to mention that the ONLY thing that is even remotely "explosive" about this article is the timing, not the content. Arrington's gripes about not being used and how the team saw him were all over the damn place a few months ago.

I agree 100%, this article was written and shelved back in October and since there were so many articles about LaVar back then it never saw the light of day. Now since he is back and becoming one of the leaders on D, like before, this story is suddenly important. This writer is a scumbag.

I haven't posted a thread in a long time.

Second this thread is about what to do about Arrington before the Philly game. But I offended you I apologize.

don't be silly no offense whatsoever... we're having a good discussion in the Lavar thread and a lot of people are over there, we should have all of the thoughts in that same thread, don't you agree?

Archived