Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

WT - LaVar's last stand? (Discusses Possible Retirement)

JimmiJo

If what he said is really how he feels about the game and the team then they are right to want his clown ass gone.

He doesn't take the game seriously? Causing a fumble to win a game isn't important to him? Then why pay his ass over 10% of the cap next year?

Why have him around at all?

Good thing he is no longer the face of the team, or the face of the defense.

Marcus Washington has replaced his bipolar ass and that is great.

Typical LaVar,,,will you apologists please stop now?

Great timing for this article. LA realizes that the Skins are going to the playoffs, and he's not a big reason for it. It's all about LA isn't it? :doh:

Give him credit, though, for realizing that he won't be back next year...and this seals the deal.

As for attacking the writer, sounds like he got a great story...don't blame the messenger.

I wonder how his teammates will react...I know how I would.

I nominate LA for the Terrell Owen's Most Likely To Distract award.

Instead of talking about beating Philly, this will dominate the news for the next five days...please, LA fans step forward and defend this article... :doh:

Everyone please get over this. Lavar still loves the skins, but not the management. He loves the fans most of all and he will play a great game on Sunday.

Sounds like he isn't coming back next year. That's unfortunate, but I won't worry about that until we're eliminated or win the Super Bowl and so should you.

We're about to make the playoffs and we're talking about LaVar Arrington's future? I care about the present baby!

I will cherish these next few games as much as I can knowing that he may be gone. After the season is over, I will pray every night that somehow the Redskins keep Lavar. It wasn't the same when Stephen left, it wasn't the same when Champ left, it will never be the same if Lavar is gone.

You're right, it won't be the same. We'll be in contention to be winners from now on. Keep praying...I just hope your prayers aren't answered.

I will cherish these next few games as much as I can knowing that he may be gone. After the season is over, I will pray every night that somehow the Redskins keep Lavar. It wasn't the same when Stephen left, it wasn't the same when Champ left, it will never be the same if Lavar is gone.

Maybe it would help if you do a little deeper delving into Redskin history, or even just re-examine and challenge your current ideas of more recent Redskin players, looking for all the others that have been great during those same periods of time. If how you positively define this team and this franchise is so dependent on simply those three players, I feel for you.

You're right, it won't be the same. We'll be in contention to be winners from now on. Keep praying...I just hope your prayers aren't answered.

I don't think you understand. I only started following the Redskins when Norv was in town a few years after Gibbs left. All I knew about Gibbs was his 3 superbowls. As a child I clung to players like Terry Allen, Ken Harvey, Darrell Green, but once they left the players I clung to began to leave, Stephen Davis, Champ Bailey, Fred Smoot, and now possibly Lavar Arrington. Words cannot express the pain I felt when those guys left, my eyes teared up when I read this article about Lavar. I don't want him to leave, and fans like you, who say "this team is better off," well go eat rat ****. I guarantee you Lavar wants this team to win more than you do.

Maybe it would help if you do a little deeper delving into Redskin history, or even just re-examine and challenge your current ideas of more recent Redskin players, looking for all the others that have been great during those same periods of time. If how you positively define this team and this franchise is so dependent on simply those three players, I feel for you.

Those were the players of my childhood, Lavar is like that last living artifact from my childhood and I don't want him to disappear. I know many players will come in the future, but they weren't there from my childhood. It is just not the same, for better or for worse.

I don't want him to leave, and fans like you, who say "this team is better off," well go eat rat ****. I guarantee you Lavar wants this team to win more than you do.

When we make the playoffs on a regular basis, you'll forget all about LA and Champ, etc.

I prefer to root for players who cherish the team. That means most of them...it's the guys who think that they're more important than the team who we should all consider a problem.

You'll figure it out.

What's the big brouhaha over Lavar? He's a situational role player now with a burr up his A$$ and incompetent thieves for agents. His perpormance for the last 2 years has been marginal at best and that's being kind. Everyone knows this. Keep it in perspective. Lavar is such an attention whore it's pathetic but hey that's the way it is. I don't think this will have an impact on anyone on the team except one. LaVar. Hopefully, Team team is immune from such petty media digs by this point.

I don't think you understand. I only started following the Redskins when Norv was in town a few years after Gibbs left. All I knew about Gibbs was his 3 superbowls. As a child I clung to players like Terry Allen, Ken Harvey, Darrell Green, but once they left the players I clung to began to leave, Stephen Davis, Champ Bailey, Fred Smoot, and now possibly Lavar Arrington. Words cannot express the pain I felt when those guys left, my eyes teared up when I read this article about Lavar. I don't want him to leave, and fans like you, who say "this team is better off," well go eat rat ****. I guarantee you Lavar wants this team to win more than you do.

I don't think YOU understand!

How many Super Bowls did the Redskins win with all of those guys on the roster that you miss so much? Or even playoff games, or regular seasonal games in general?

It really shouldn't matter to the rest of us that you began being a fan when the Redskins sucked and that you like players that played for bad Redskins teams. If you are a fan of the players then send all of them some money via paypal or something. But leave me out of your pity party for Lavar.

The rest of us are happy to finally have a winning team to root for and not a group of good players who together achieved 6-10, 4-12, and 8-7-1 records year after year and then left for bigger paychecks or retired. :2cents:

i will.

this is amazing. if this is legit and not just some hidden agenda on the writers part, i say deactivate him. he can hang out in annapolis on his segue.

That's what I'm saying.

The team has been winning since his sorry ass became a non-factor and he doesn't want to be a part of it anymore.

Some fans are crying for Lavar too.

How pathetic. :rolleyes:

Those were the players of my childhood, Lavar is like that last living artifact from my childhood and I don't want him to disappear. I know many players will come in the future, but they weren't there from my childhood. It is just not the same, for better or for worse.

Ok ID, easy does it :) . FWIW, if you have such a high degree of sensivity regarding your emotional attachments to those guys, being so open about it on a football message board may not be the best way to go unless you can develop a bit of a thicker skin. Or not. :D

But the play-offs loom large, Mr. Dragon, and even if childhood has passed, young adulthood can begin with the making of many new great Redskin memories. Get started now with these new young guys we have on this team who are returning us to our old tradritions of winning seasons! They could be aorund a long time! :logo:

Is he skitso I read the one article in the times that was posted earlier, Where he is ready to retire or go to SanDiego, and Snyder ripped him off. and now this one http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2005/12/27/AR2005122700915.html. I can't figure this guy out. I really think this guys agent screwed him in that contract deal. I really hope he and the Skins can work something out.

Is he skitso I read the one article in the times that was posted earlier, Where he is ready to retire or go to SanDiego, and Snyder ripped him off. and now this one http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2005/12/27/AR2005122700915.html. I can't figure this guy out. I really think this guys agent screwed him in that contract deal. I really hope he and the Skins can work something out.

Sorry, but you couldn't post in the massive Arrington thread already posted?

The difference between LaVar and TO: Even when TO is yapping to the media he is putting up numbers and making plays on the field. LaVar is a non factor on the field imo other than a little intimidation. Think about it, when Sean Taylor didn't play in the Bucs game you could see the difference in our D. When Griffin and Salave'a was out you saw the difference. When LaVar is not in the game nothing changes, we are not better or worse. He isn't worth half of the money we pay him. Lets just take the cap hit next year and then be better off in 07. I tried to be loyal to LaVar but he obviously isn't loyal to this team.

Zip-it-up and Zip-it-OUT!

just another LaVar pitty party

he has issues, probably needs zoloff

EXACTLY, LA loves la! I have been a huge fan of his. Even I am geting tired of the poor Lavar BS. If he loves the team so much he'll do something about his current deal to help the skins, like re-structure again as many players do. For me it does tend to take a little sentiment off the "they don't love me anymore theme" as reported from his 20k foot estate from the bay! I can't swallow any more of that swill.

Did he not sit enough bench to not understand "keep your mouth shut"?

Archived