Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

WT - LaVar's last stand? (Discusses Possible Retirement)

JimmiJo

The thing ppl are missing, though, is that LaVar was brought up in this mess. He's watched players get franchised one year then get released a couple years later. I really think that had the Skins been in better shape to deal with their talent with greater loyalty, none of this would be happening.

IMO, Snyder took a possible Franchise player (not in the legal sense), and turned him into this.

Funny, I don't see the lack of loyalty hurting a team like New England.

If anything, Danny has been more loyal to Lavar than to any other player. Danny gave him a huge chunk of the pie. He laments other people leaving, but doesn't take some responsibility for it for his big deal.

I find it ironic that when things finally start stablizing and good things start to happen for the team, things are now not right in Lavar's world. Granted, he's been injured, but what really does he want? Does he actually wants to be on a winner? Or, does he just wants the cash?

It isn't a team move to invite a reporter over to your house and critisize the organization when you should be getting ready to beat the Eagles and fight for a playoff spot. While Lavar talks a good line at times, when push comes to shove, it is all about him.

Jason

I too believe this was something from earlier in the season, and now some media jack offs are throwing it out there to cause more controversy and create problems for the skins. Just another hint that the skins may be lacking in favor from the league and its surrounding affiliations.

Elfin did the story, he covers the Skins for the Times. He had to be the only one sitting on it. It's his story. It's shows he's only concerned about his story,not the team like most of them guys.

Those were the players of my childhood, Lavar is like that last living artifact from my childhood and I don't want him to disappear. I know many players will come in the future, but they weren't there from my childhood. It is just not the same, for better or for worse.

You're 18 ... you're still in your childhood.

Elfin did the story, he covers the Skins for the Times. He had to be the only one sitting on it. It's his story. It's shows he's only concerned about his story,not the team like most of them guys.

:doh:

How many times does it need to be said in this thread that this is a recent interview with LaVar, from just before the Giants game. He hasn't been "sitting" on this story since October or anything like that.

Shame on Lavar, the Washington Times editors, the writer of the column. Couldn't this wait until after the season, we dont need distractions right now. :doh:

I don't like this article, but think about folks, it's NOT news in the off-season! By then everyone knows the Skins are getting rid of him and who cares whether he retires or not. The point of this article, at this time, is to do just what it has done ... cause controversy and adversity when the Team needs cohesion and concentration the most! Not to mention selling papers!

This is all just very sad. The whole situation.

I was really looking forward to seeing what Lavar could do next season with the benefit of an entire offseason of workouts and mini camps. Continuing to rehab the knee, getting his explosiveness back.

Looks like his heart isn't in it, though. It seems he's already given up. Since when did whining and self-pity become a part of Lavar's game? :mad:

In 2004 when he realized the Skins could have a #1 defense without his sorry behind.

and just like before...it will blow over. tempest in a teepot. Joe will likely say one of three things:

1) I don't want to discuss this we have a big game coming up.

2) We resolved this issue previously and it is no longer open for discussion.

3) We will discuss these matetrs with LA during the offseason.

whichever route is taken...he will shelve it. ONLY THE PRESS/MEDIA CAN KEEP THIS GOING. the conversation will focus exactly on what you have zoomed in on - the timing - and not whether there has been any real impact in the lockerroom. it's the media and the fans who will create the impact. I honestly believe that the players could care less about this article....it doesn't speak to them. they will know immediately in practice and the classroom whether there is any real substance to this that will show up on the field.....and it is on the field that is the only thing that really matters this week and on into the payoffs. it's much more likely they are thinking: "brotha...drop the matter until the season is over. As a player I'm sympathetic - management can sack me at any time or structure contracts that look nice but are backended. You've been great and played injured - that earns respect in my book.You said your piece...now let's focus on what we're gonna do about the Iggles."

the players - the "team" - just aren't gonna be phased by this. and that's all I care about at this point. if and we won't know if there are any impacts until later in the week or during the game.

yes..we'ld all like to have Stepford Skins who toed the party line neatly and politely. the real world doesn't work like that.

Or his teammates could be thinking:"I'm sick of this clown tryna steal the spotlight. He is getting paid 3 times as much as me and he is still complaining. He hasn't even been out there battling with us in any big games. He is beginning to be a distraction and I honestly don't think he's worth all the fuss. I deserve the money he is getting. I perform on the field and I never complain off the field. We're tryna make a playoff run and this BS is coming up. I have lost all respect for this guy. I hope he is outta here after this year..."

Zip-it-up and Zip-it-OUT!

Again... that is why I'm interested in seeing the actual numbers.

It seems that this has been discussed... and it seems that our cap room is basically unchanged next year whether we keep him or release him... despite the fact that he is due another roster bonus.

If this is true, why cut him?

(and the uncapped year will not remain so for much longer)

I agree 100%. :cheers:

This article sucks!

Lavar is a Skin! 4Life

Thats what I thought too but just seen News 7 interview Joe Gibbs about it on the 5 o-clock news and he is furious that anyone on his team, much less then the city is thinking about anything but the Eagles. Im a big time LA fan but its not looking good for him after that lil stunt.

WJLA 7 just had footage of Lavar leaving Skins park today and he said the whole thing was "taken out of context" and that it was "horrible timing by a writer to write something like this." He also said "it wont be a distraction."

smartest post ive seen in this whole thread

Was his post smart because he chose to ignore everything said in the article? Or because he chose to make a typical, casual fan statement? :doh:

"This article sucks! LaVar is a redskin 4life."

Zip-it-up and Zip-it-OUT!

LAVAR IS ON Comcast NOW

He basicly said it was taken out of context

He made it clear he wants to retire as a Redskin

He said hes worried about philly and thats it and he doesn't know why Elkin wrote this and is tired of writers trying to make a story out of him. The interview was supposed to be a season in review

nothing else to see here ;)

Archived