Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Rich Tandler has died

JoggingGod

I remember when he was first publishing his Redskins chronical book he was selling some himself directly (signed coppies) I asked him how much it would be to ship to the UK .... he never did get back to me with the price .... 

Still I have always enjoyed his work and his upbeat nature and just passion for the game - He will be missed.  Thought to the family at this time

Absolutely gutted by the news. Living in Chicago, I'd wake up at 6am and one of the first things I'd do in the morning was read Rich's morning post.

Rest In Peace, Rich. You'll be very missed by Redskins Nation and never forgotten. Condolences to your family as well.

Feel free to help the ball bounce in our direction while you're up there, at least against Dallas ;)  HTTR!

1 hour ago, kingdaddy said:

After the initial shock and sadness I wondered how he will be replaced and I don't think it's possible. Very sad to hear about this terrible news. Rich Tandler was the ultimate pro as a reporter and he will be greatly missed. Thank you for always keeping us informed Rich and condolences to the Tandler family. RIP fellow Skins lover.

JP Finlay just posted an aritcle regarding Rich. That's definately worth a read.

He does answer this in his article. They will carry on with the podcast, writing and covering the Redskins.

They have to.

But at the same time they acknowledge it won't be the same. They'll have to move on and go on with something else. It won't be easy, there'll be some growing pains, but they'll be able to do it. In a way, it would be a mistake to try to replace Rich. Do it your own way.

9 hours ago, rumplestilskin said:

It was my bad attempt at contrasting the right way and the wrong way to go about journalism. So I will edit.

I think All would agree that JR needs not be mentioned in the same conversation as Rich Tandler, posthumous or otherwise.  Apology accepted. 

Really bummed to hear about his passing.  Just about everyday I would enjoy his writing and also listening to him on the podcast - you could just tell he was a good guy.  I had no idea he started out as a fan blogger and made it to the media ranks...that's awesome!  Redskins coverage will not be the same!  Now let's go kick Dallas in the ass for Rich!!!

This is absolutely terrible news.  As mentioned by someone else in this thread, I’ve also met him at a tailgate before,  Always one of the better Skins beat reporters and they can be tough to come buy.  Really really sad news...

Say what you want about Snyder the football guy, but he steps up with class when things are the worst for people close to the Redskins.  He's loaned his plane to players who are in need, be it a death, or a natural disaster threatening a player's family. Retiring Rich's chair is a great honor not only for Rich's memory, but also to permanently establish roots to the era.

~Bang

Archived