Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Gameday Thread: Redskins @ Patriots

KDawg

Considering our 2nd string played their 1st string D for the first few series-I ain’t mad at all,although I hate any kind of loss..we looked decent when it counted..And Man,I couldn’t wait to see Settle in action,that kid is going to be a problem once he gets his feet a lil wetter

I saw some interesting things.

Settle looked good 50% of the time. Looked horrible the other 50%. That screams potential but man does need conditioning.

Hogan looks horrible. 2 QBs on this roster.

Sims is atleast making the practice squad. I was pleasently surprised.

Kelly looked okay.

Marshall definitely making this roster.

I'm guessing its guice, kelly, thompson, marshall. Bibbs to the PS.

I feel bad for Ionnidis. I hope he's okay.

3 minutes ago, Vanguard said:

It's passion.  Real Redskins fans don't take any kind of loss well.

Torn here, Pats clearly wanted to change tone and kept players out there like their second string QB into the 4th quarter, going for 2 point conversions. I don't like that we let that happen because it made it impossible to evaluate the offense in second half.  Do you match them and keep Colt out until the 4th, too? F no.

I agree we looked good when it mattered.

13 minutes ago, SkinsGuy said:

Relax.

When it mattered a little more, the Redskins were up 17-0.

I am not going to lose sleep over a bunch of scrubs getting pushed around.

Especially since the Patriots kept in a good number of veteran players for most of the night.

It's not about the score..This defense just dosen't fly around..too much standing around and watching ..

Hogan doesn't look like he's ready for the NFL yet.

I'm happy the way our depth played in the first half and looking forward to seeing Settle play with better talent around him, he was holding double teams all half and the bums around him did nothing.

Time to see some starters next week.

16 minutes ago, Koolblue13 said:

:ols: people getting upset by a second half loss during the first preseason game :ols:

You guys are awesome :ols:

Hey those 2nd half players are our future !

11 minutes ago, Burgold said:

seriously though, how am I to develop a Udfa draft crush if they all fall on their face

Danny Johnson had a good game, as he's been having an entire good camp, too.

Performance-wise, I think he's outplaying Stroman and Alexander.

1 minute ago, skins4eva said:

Truth. I didn’t see any diamonds in the rough out there. 

Danny Johnson looked good.

Strohman got picked on during camp but honestly looked good. I loved him in the punt return game. Looked fluid. Natural.

THey have an issue here at CB. Who they gonna cut?

JNo, Dunbar(looked weird in 23), Scandrick, Moreau, Alexander, Strohman, Johnson.

No way they keep 7. I see Alexander making the 53 but being inactive on Sundays because Strohman or Johnson can return punts.

Apke looked a step slow to recognize what was going on.

22 minutes ago, Koolblue13 said:

It's not a loss. It's the preseason. They might as well not even have scores. It's a vanilla game with zero game planning to see who might make the roster and knock some rust off the vets. 

Which is why I use the term "kind of loss."

5 minutes ago, Koolblue13 said:

:ols: people getting upset by a second half loss during the first preseason game :ols:

You guys are awesome :ols:

I hear this every year and every year we suck and practically miss the playoffs. This time is different though 

41 minutes ago, RedskinsFanInSanAntonio said:

I think Perrine makes the squad over Kelly due to draft position.

My guess right now is QB(Smith, McCoy), RB(Guice, Perrine, Thompson, Marshall), WR (Doctson, Richardson, Crowder, Harris, Quick, Davis and Quinn), CB(Norman, Dunbar, Moreau, Scandrick, Stroman and Johnson).

That doesnt matter. Kelly ran with a burst and looked good on Special teams.  Perine fumbled again.  I totally disagree. Perine is an easy odd man out if it's between Perine and Kelly. 

39 minutes ago, Voice_of_Reason said:

I stopped watching at halftime. So  in my mind, the skins won.  And nobody can convince me otherwise.

(puts fingers in ears, starts singing “it’s a small world” and runs away....)

Neither the Skins nor the Patriots won.

This game was basically a showcase of Ex-Browns QB's in its entirety : Hoyer, McCoy, Hogan.

Archived