Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

2018 Redskin's Major Injury Thread (Robert Davis Added)

nonniey

24 minutes ago, redskinss said:

I'm not that pissed,  you blew this way up and out of proportion to suit your argument. 

I just called the guy a butthead. 

But you keep acting like I lost my mind or something to feel like you won this argument.

Ok I'll be done now now too. 

I don't need to win an argument with some random guy on the internet.  But just to clarify things, you said, "Thank god we didn't draft that butthead.  Man I'd be pissed." The word "pissed" alone sets the entire tone of how you felt should we have used a draft pick on the guy.

To which I responded with "Yeah, he's a butthead because depression isn't real and someone that no longer has the passion to play should stay just because :rolleyes:".  To point out that there are other things in a persons life that matter more than football, including their mental health and happiness.  His decision was based on that.  

Then you replied with "Easy to say because we didn't draft him but I'd bet if we had spent a fourth rounder on him you wouldn't give a rats ass about depression and you'd be pissed.  He never should have entered the draft if he didn't want to play football,  nor should he have had signed a contract as an undrafted free agent but that can at least be forgiven because we didn't waste a draft pick. "

You insinuated that if we had drafted him and him decide to retire after being drafted that I would not "give a rats ass about depression and be pissed".  Which is not the case at all.  Upset that it didn't work out?  Sure.  Ticked off at the front office/scouting department for drafting someone whose passion wasn't there, assuming they put out some red flags (like Cravens did in college).  Sure.  But pissed off at the player himself?  Not at all.  Because I can only imagine the crazy amount of pressure these guys are under and they have life decisions to make.  I imagine that he went back and forth on if he wanted to and had the passion to continue playing and try to make a roster.  He went undrafted, he signed as an UDFA, and made his decision to retire.  

If anyone blew this up way out of proportion, it was you in your responses to me saying it's just a ****ing game and it wouldn't bother me.  Which both are true.  Anyhow......

Image result for bye felicia animated gif

Interesting take from swearinger.  I agree with the author, if the players aren't doing it themselves, the s&c coaches need to intervene and make sure it gets done.

Recently, D.J. Swearinger made waves with his comments critiquing his teammates about how they care for themselves. Per Matthew Paras of the Washington Times, Swearinger said the following about the situation.

Personally, I’ve been on previous teams where after practice, you have 30 guys in the cold tub or you’ve got 20 guys in the cold tub. I didn’t feel that vibe from this team. Whether they do it here or elsewhere, I didn’t think guys took care of themselves.

If you’re pros, you’ve got to take care of your body yourself. You’re not supposed to wait until something happens to you to get treatment. You’re supposed to be preventive.

This analysis from Swearinger is absolutely correct. The best way to avoid injuries, aside from being a backup quarterback, is to take preventative measures in order to help your body stay in good shape. If the Redskins players aren’t taking that seriously, that falls on them. It does fall somewhat on the strength and conditioning staff and the trainers to ensure that they are seeking these preventative measures, but the players control this as well.

Sorry I closed out the window and can't find the link.  Here is another article with same quote

https://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.washingtontimes.com/news/2018/jan/1/dj-swearinger-players-arent-take-care-their-bodies/

14 minutes ago, nonniey said:

#3 WR Robert Davis Broken Leg/Torn LCL. out for the year (9 Agust - reported 11 August). 

Already lost 3 for the year (4 if you count the TE longshot)  and we haven't even got to the 2d Preseason Game?????

We can't catch a break...but he's was not our number #3 receiver..he was fighting for a roster spot.  He was 5th at best

https://twitter.com/bmcnally14/status/1028409861921533953

30 minutes ago, Monkskins said:

We can't catch a break...but he's was not our number #3 receiver..he was fighting for a roster spot.  He was 5th at best

https://twitter.com/bmcnally14/status/1028409861921533953

Man..I get that guys get all bent outta shape over the promise of a players impact being cut short over an injury but ya know what I’m tired of seeing time and time over..”Oh,he’s only 3rd best,or he was 5th best..or “oh,he didn’t have a shot at making the team so Oh Well!!”..It just shows how shallow these posts are that ppl only care about how well these players preform,if they get hurt-nobody gives a damn that THE ACTUAL player is physically hurt,he’s got to go thru painful surgery or even the demands of rehab,his future of providing for his family is seriously in jeopardy..He may have to live with the pain of that injury for the rest of his life,or the side effects that effect the ability to remember little things like,let’s say their kids birthday or their wedding day!!..I know I sound all dramatic but it just irritates the hell out of me when all I read is-“oh he wasn’t that good anyways so who gives a ratsa** that this guy had to be physically carried off the field and okay cause he wasn’t gonna make the team regardless”..don’t get me wrong,but when Guice went down,I feel  the same way as everyone else does because of what he would’ve brought to the table,but I feel the same thing for Davis as well..Why??,cause he wears a redskins Jersey and is on my team..not because of how many Touchdowns he has,cause he’s on my squad and I root for em all..from the pro bowlers all the way to the practice squad guys..and I’m not signaling out any one specific,I’m saying it about all of em,on every single thread!!..

1 minute ago, Rex Tomb said:

Close this thread right now.  We've unlocked the 5th layer of hell.

Yes.

this thread needs to go.

if this was opened before the we lost Guice I’d suggest a ban for the owner as well. Open a “miracle recovery” thread while we’re at it.

6 minutes ago, Monkskins said:

I care about him as much as anyone on the team..just was correcting that he was not the #3 receiver that's all.  And i didn't say he wasn't good he showed promise for playing time this year

Like I said,it ain’t not one post specifically ..read any page on this or the other “injury thread”..each page says the same exact s**t..same thing,different person,same shallow..if it don’t apply,let it fly

Stop cryin' man..you got all defensive over an innocent correction about a players position on the team...their was no insult aboutt he player just stated fact about his position on the depth chart(Sensitive Will since everyone else is "shallow")

This entire organization has been struggling for year.  When that happens, you can look for solutions from the top down.  Not the other way around. 

In the health care industry (as well as countless others) Prevention is the key to better results.  That's definitely not a priority at Redskins Park. 

10 minutes ago, Monkskins said:

Stop cryin' man..you got all defensive over an innocent correction about a players position on the team...their was no insult aboutt he player just stated fact about his position on the depth chart(Sensitive Will since everyone else is "shallow")

Ain’t nobody crying or sensitive..but since ya want to call ppl out by name,I’ll play!!..I guess ya ain’t read any other page,on any other thread so I’ll type this slow so ya can get what I’m saying..I’ve read these same statements on every page,every time a player goes down..Our team fans are the worst about it,and I’m one of em-it just gets old that all most fans get all bent over is where that injured player is at on the chart,not the fact that we just lost a player REGARDLESS of where he sits at..The Guice thread is even worse,and I SPECIFICALLY posted that it’s was “NOT” directed to the post above that I said what I said(Hence the term-if it don’t apply,let it fly)..but clearly that flew over ur head so I’ll(again type this Reeeeally slow so you get it buddy)explain the term-it meeeeans that if it does not pertain to you “the person who is reading this”do not worry about what is said,but since ya wanna throw ur two cents into a dollar conversation I’ll clear it up for ya..I know what what was said bout where he’s projected on the roster,it wasn’t that correction I was pointing out specifically..everyone can get all worked up over Guice cause he was the next savior,even Davis has he had a shot and making some moves for us,but the TE that don’t have a shot and gets hurt tha same night gets called “what’s his name” on most pages-that’s the point bruh,not the fact that ya can count the numbers “3rd” & “5th”!!..

48 minutes ago, Malapropismic Depository said:

Actually 5 :

Marshall

Kouanjio

Guice

Garner

Davis

And why do we have 2 injury threads ?

Didn't count Marshall or Garner as it was unlikely they'd have been on the Regular season roster. There will probably be three threads if we manage to go more than a week before another major injury (Someone will then start a new one).

Archived