Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

2018 Redskin's Major Injury Thread (Robert Davis Added)

nonniey

47 minutes ago, Malapropismic Depository said:

If, by stepping up, you mean stepping down...then Yes.

Those poor field conditions at FedEx field strike yet again...when will Snyder learn ?

Well, that sucks. I know he had depression issues. That stuff is real. But also felt that he was a quality player who started a lot of games in that conference. Damn. Now they probably need a retread who still isn't signed for depth.

23 hours ago, BatteredFanSyndrome said:

Yeah, one would think that every professional football team should have facilities and resources that are at least on par with the top notch college football programs.  Gotta be kind of a headscratcher coming from a big time program on the first day at Redskins Park.  Obviously these guys are making more money than they could ever imagine, so they'll deal.  Still not a good look for the organization.

I have never been to the training camp in Richmond but are those facilities better than the ones used during the rest of the season in Ashburn? 

4 hours ago, abdcskins said:

What the hell happened to Kouandjio? Are they even practicing yet?

Kouandjio suffered a severe calf injury. He is probably done for the year.

The rookie and tryout players had a rookie minicamp this past weekend. The first OTAs should be a week from Wednesday.

The all-player mandatory minicamp starts June 12th. Go here for a list of all offseason activities:

https://redskinswire.usatoday.com/2018/04/02/redskins-announce-offseason-ota-minicamp-dates/

54 minutes ago, SkinsGuy said:

Kouandjio suffered a severe calf injury. He is probably done for the year.

The rookie and tryout players had a rookie minicamp this past weekend. 

Thanks. I was just wondering how he did it, none of the articles mentioned it. I'm assuming it was during training.

1 hour ago, abdcskins said:

Thanks. I was just wondering how he did it, none of the articles mentioned it. I'm assuming it was during training.

There's been no official training for veterans yet.

Most likely it happened in weight room.

7 hours ago, Cooleyfan1993 said:

Weight room is still training :P training doesn’t have to be just on the field 

Yes it is a type of training, but I meant it isn't organized activities, like out on the field, with the coaches directing them.

They can't do that until later this month.

Though it is all moot. I really don't know how Kouandjio got hurt. :) 

2 minutes ago, SkinsGuy said:

Yes it is a type of training, but I meant it isn't organized activities, like out on the field, with the coaches directing them.

They can't do that until later this month.

Though it is all moot. I really don't know how Kouandjio got hurt. :) 

Probably missed a step at home, cause we’re the redskins and can’t have any nice things ??

On 5/11/2018 at 1:43 PM, bobandweave said:

I don't think you can simply blame a coach for this. Listen to the radio personalities discuss the current dump that makes up the training facility. They don't even have a basketball court let alone anything looking like a top notch facility. The leadership is completely out of touch with the importance of training facilities. Colleges have way better training equipment and places to practice then the Redskins do. If the Redskins were in the college ranks they would never get any of the top recruits because those kids pay attention to that and it's a deciding factor for where they go. The rookies go from top notch training facilities to a complete dump here. We hear stories about the team finally getting a practice bubble, when the rest of the football landscape did that a decade ago. They don't put money into this because they can't turn a profit on it imo. Either way if this sounds weird to you go ask Chris Cooley and other former players if I am wrong if you don't believe me

Here is an example of the care the team management puts into the facility

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/1479385-fedex-field-and-the-worst-stadiums-in-nfl#slide0

Things like dilapidated fields, lack of any sort of good work out areas, practice bubbles that deflate on themselves in any sort of inclement weather these things play a part in all of these injuries. Even the best coaches can't get over this sort of crap

Far be it from me to defend Snyder in any capacity, but you are being fallacious.

There have been numerous articles about what caused the poor turf situation, and how the stadium has been resodded multiple times since that season.

Natural grass in December in NOVA/MD just does not hold up well to 300lb men tearing it up weekly.

As a matter of fact, your BR link highlights how badly torn up the field was during that playoff game, here's another article from later that same year:

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/football-insider/wp/2013/11/24/re-sodded-playing-surface-at-fedex-field-goes-on-display-for-redskins-49ers-game-monday-night/?utm_term=.3646dc62b238

Here's another article from 2017: I really recommend reading this one, as it claims the field was re-sodded at midpoint last year, and some interesting views and videos as well.

http://czabe.com/the-post/were-all-armchair-agronomists/

As for the practice bubble, There were coaches for years that did not want an indoor facility, wanting to practice in the elements.. Gibbs and Marty both were firm believers in that IIRC.

Here's some info about facility upgrades in 2013 and 2015:

http://www.redskins.com/news-and-events/article-1/Redskins-Move-Back-Into-Upgraded-Facility/b7b24c21-4f64-4145-b823-0b4553ff62d0

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/football-insider/wp/2015/08/26/offseason-upgrades-at-redskins-park-include-additions-to-players-area/?utm_term=.54b405eca853

Players gushing about the 2013 upgrades:

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/football-insider/wp/2013/08/22/players-applaud-redskins-park-renovations/?utm_term=.1c6801ba1b0e

2018 recovery center articles:

https://redskinswire.usatoday.com/2018/03/29/former-olb-trent-murphy-played-role-in-new-redskins-recovery-center/

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/football-insider/wp/2018/03/27/redskins-spending-big-on-new-recovery-center-to-help-fight-off-injury-bug/?utm_term=.51a15888a21c

as for your "practice bubbles that deflate in any sort of inclement weather" comment, I remember that snow storm from 2016. I live 40 miles away from redskins park and we got almost 40" of snow from that storm, I don't know how much cashburn got exactly but I know it was north of 30" IIRC.

Like I said, I'm no DS apologist and I think he has ****ed up plenty since he took over ownership, but your post is misleading and disingenuous. It appears they've spent quite a bit over the years, and that's not including all the crap they added to fedex.. wifi, new screens, etc.

You just seem to have made up your mind that everything related to the team is ****, and nothing they do will be good enough for you. Do you even live in the NOVA area? have you been to fedex or redskins park? I know everything isn't perfect across the board but you seem to have a large bias against the team and don't seem to even live in the area.

1 hour ago, crabbypatty said:

Far be it from me to defend Snyder in any capacity, but you are being fallacious.

There have been numerous articles about what caused the poor turf situation, and how the stadium has been resodded multiple times since that season.

Natural grass in December in NOVA/MD just does not hold up well to 300lb men tearing it up weekly.

As a matter of fact, your BR link highlights how badly torn up the field was during that playoff game, here's another article from later that same year:

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/football-insider/wp/2013/11/24/re-sodded-playing-surface-at-fedex-field-goes-on-display-for-redskins-49ers-game-monday-night/?utm_term=.3646dc62b238

Here's another article from 2017: I really recommend reading this one, as it claims the field was re-sodded at midpoint last year, and some interesting views and videos as well.

http://czabe.com/the-post/were-all-armchair-agronomists/

We aren't the only team that plays in a climate that's not conducive to having luxurious grass in the winter.  But ours certainly looks the worst.  Figure out what other teams are doing to maintain a better playing surface rather than keep dumping $ into new sod.

Not even going to reply to the personal attacks about me above. But I will say this. Lots of Redskins fans don’t live in the DMV area and living there doesn’t give someone an edge on knowing this team. If you don’t believe me about me saying the things said about the practice facilities then listen to the things people like Chris Cooley say about the wretched state of the facilities. I didn’t just make that up

This does make me wonder something. What sense does it make to insist on having an outdoor stadium that can’t support a good playing surface to play on? Having lived all over the world and being in different climates the thing about the DMV when it comes to weather is it’s extreme. Extreme in the sense that the winters can be very nasty with feet’s of snow, summers with heat over 100, beautiful springs and falls and everything in between.

Considering this why not get a retractable roof stadium? Something that can be opened and closed depending on the right weather? Other teams like the Saints get a competitive advantage having that. Why not us?

2 hours ago, Dont Taze Me Bro said:

Yeah, he's a butthead because depression isn't real and someone that no longer has the passion to play should stay just because :rolleyes:

Easy to say because we didn't draft him but I'd bet if we had spent a fourth rounder on him you wouldn't give a rats ass about depression and you'd be pissed. 

He never should have entered the draft if he didn't want to play football,  nor should he have had signed a contract as an undrafted free agent but that can at least be forgiven because we didn't waste a draft pick. 

1 hour ago, redskinss said:

Easy to say because we didn't draft him but I'd bet if we had spent a fourth rounder on him you wouldn't give a rats ass about depression and you'd be pissed. 

He never should have entered the draft if he didn't want to play football,  nor should he have had signed a contract as an undrafted free agent but that can at least be forgiven because we didn't waste a draft pick. 

No. I would not.  It’s a ****ing game.  Get over it.  Man made his decision, HIS, not yours or mine.  

8 hours ago, redskinss said:

I would say the NFL knew about his status and that's why he went undrafted.

We took a flyer on him just in case. But really there's nothing wrong from both sides.

No season to get angry here on a what if question.

13 hours ago, Dont Taze Me Bro said:

No. I would not.  It’s a ****ing game.  Get over it.  Man made his decision, HIS, not yours or mine.  

Yes but HIS decision affects all of us. 

We spend countless hours and thousands of dollars on this team so when HIS decision affects ME I have a right to be upset about it. 

As I was saying he was undrafted so no big deal and I agree with wildbunny that the nfl probably knew this was a possibility and that is why he went undrafted. 

But I stand by my statement that if we had drafted him I'd have the right to be pissed because HIS decision affected others. 

And this isn't just a game,  its a multi million dollar Buisness that millions and millions of people invest a lot of time and money into everyday. 

By your logic we have no right to be upset by anything anybody does because its their decision and its just a game. 

Ok im done now. 

13 minutes ago, redskinss said:

But I stand by my statement that if we had drafted him I'd have the right to be pissed because HIS decision affected others. 

And this isn't just a game,  its a multi million dollar Buisness that millions and millions of people invest a lot of time and money into everyday. 

By your logic we have no right to be upset by anything anybody does because its their decision and its just a game. 

Ok im done now. 

Had he been drafted, I would have been upset at our scouting department and FO for not doing their homework. But definately not at the guy for making a not-so-easy decision and choosing what he wants to do with his life.

Be it a multi million dollar business or not, he is entitled to do whatever he wants, no matter what. And in the end, football is just football. Don't mess it up with the NFL.

9 minutes ago, redskinss said:

Yes but HIS decision affects all of us. 

We spend countless hours and thousands of dollars on this team so when HIS decision affects ME I have a right to be upset about it. 

As I was saying he was undrafted so no big deal and I agree with wildbunny that the nfl probably knew this was a possibility and that is why he went undrafted. 

Ok im done now. 

LOL, if you get that pissed or upset about stuff that is out of our control, then perhaps find a new hobby.  You can get upset about anything you want to, but that doesn't mean that it won't come across as making you look childish.  But I'll stop here because it is getting off-topic and I'm sure you need to get back to putting in some more hours and dollars to research the other camp fodder and ordering your Ranthony Texada jersey :rolleyes:

14 minutes ago, Dont Taze Me Bro said:

LOL, if you get that pissed or upset about stuff that is out of our control, then perhaps find a new hobby.  You can get upset about anything you want to, but that doesn't mean that it won't come across as making you look childish.  But I'll stop here because it is getting off-topic and I'm sure you need to get back to putting in some more hours and dollars to research the other camp fodder and ordering your Ranthony Texada jersey :rolleyes:

I'm not that pissed,  you blew this way up and out of proportion to suit your argument. 

I just called the guy a butthead. 

But you keep acting like I lost my mind or something to feel like you won this argument.

Ok I'll be done now now too. 

Archived