Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Comedian Suggestions

Elessar78

Dave Chappelle’s Netflix specials are pretty good

i enjoy Russell Peters but his comedy is highly topical (e.g.: a lot of his humor is about his immmigrant parents adjusting to life in Canada)

also if youre just discovering bill burr, google his rant about Philadelphia.

also, NO DANE COOK. Not even once.

Hard to know who you are already familiar with since you're just discovering Bill Burr.  May as well add in his Breaking Bad partner: Lavell Crawford.

Some other names you may or may not know depending on which rock you've been under: Mike Birbiglia, Pete Holmes, John Mulaney, Bo Burnham, Doug Stanhope, Gary Gulman, Brian Regan, Donald Glover, Aziz Ansari, Kumail Nanjiani

Maybe a few of 'em will be new to you and strike a chord.

4 hours ago, Springfield said:

Dane Cook

Get out

To me, Aziz Ansari is awful. Just annoying. Comes off like a 7th grader with adhd. Russell Peters was funny, though I haven't seen any of his newer stuff.

Denis Leary had some great bits back in the day, but tends to rip off a lot of other people's jokes/routines. Joe Rogan's "I'm Gonna Be Dead Someday" album was hysterical, but I saw a more recent special, and it was boring as hell.

I usually enjoy Patton Oswalt's stand-up. And there's a really great documentary on Netflix called "The Comedians of Comedy," which features Oswalt, Brian Posehn, Zach Galafinakis, and the great Maria Bamford.

3 hours ago, Riggo-toni said:

To me, Aziz Ansari is awful. Just annoying. Comes off like a 7th grader with adhd. Russell Peters was funny, though I haven't seen any of his newer stuff.

I love Aziz.

Regarding Russell, I saw him live back in June of last year. It was alright, not HILARIOUS but pretty funny. The problem with him is his schtick is pretty limited when not doing the whole Indian accent/family stuff.

Aziz used to be way funnier.  I'm not as big a fan of his 'creepy dudes' schtick. 

Russell Peters old stuff is amazing (go find Red, White and Brown). His new stuff is good but not quite at the same level (not the same falloff as Aziz). Also, you MUST go find the Russell Peters bit "Beat Your Kids" It's easily findable on youtube- I'm not linking it due to language.

Archived