Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The XXIII Olympic Winter Games In PyeongChang

PleaseBlitz

It begins with 3 long hours of  pointless ceremony 

Lol I liked the closing ceremonies in England with all the 80s music stars!

6 hours ago, JSSkinz said:

This whole dog meat thing has me disgusted.

Mostly rumors and propaganda. Maybe true but not in a large scale. If it is true,so what? Just more pointless morals that don't amount to much. Some people eat meat/cows/birds..some dont

5 minutes ago, Destino said:

So what's up with the ridiculous US opening ceremony outfits?  I'm just watching it now.  Blue jeans and what appear to be western themed oven mits?  Ralph Lauren needs to be banned from the Olympics.  

Well, they've done cowboy hats before..ie western theme  lol 

I don't understand why anyone watches the opening or closing ceremonies.  Pointless, unless you are a participant, or attending in person.

Of course, I don't understand why people watch things like the Rose Bowl parade, or the Macy's Thanksgiving Day parade either.

What a load of crap lol

Make those 2 girls run all the way up those steps. .and they don't get to light it lol

I don't care how young or in shape you are.Making anyone run up those steps is torture! Lol

3 minutes ago, China said:

I don't understand why anyone watches the opening or closing ceremonies.  Pointless, unless you are a participant, or attending in person.

Because  tv makes you feel like  you're there. Same as watching  a movie or anything else. Most tv is pointless anyway.

11 hours ago, JSSkinz said:

This whole dog meat thing has me disgusted.

Eh. I'm not bothered by it, and I am a big dog person.  It isn't like the families are like"what's for dinner tonight?  Oh, didn't hit the grocery store?  Let's cook up Fido!"  The dogs are raised to be eaten- like cows, chicken, pigs, etc.  

Plus, the Korean kids I talk to say it isn't even that popular.  People don't go out for dog.  Seems like a hold over, old fashioned food for older people.  

I plan on catching as much of it as i can on this rainy weekend. i love the Winter Olympics, much more than the Summer games.. the speed and insanity of half of the events is great fun.

And, won't hide it a little bit, i am always interested to see just what the hell Johnny Weir is wearing in the figure skating booth. I do like the figure skating competitions, I think it carries some of the best drama in the Olympics, and the athleticism is incredible. 

I love the ski jumping, the downhill, bobsled and luge races.. but it always seems when i turn on the Olympics, they are just settling in for three hours of cross country skiing coverage. Glad the coverage offers me so many choices.

~Bang

12 hours ago, China said:

Of course, I don't understand why people watch things like the Rose Bowl parade, or the Macy's Thanksgiving Day parade either.

I like the positive national pride displayed by the smiling excited people marching proudly behind their flags.    

On 1/17/2018 at 8:07 AM, Spaceman Spiff said:

Not gonna lie, watching Olympic figure skating with my mom is a tradition.  I don't think there's an olympic sport I won't watch, but I will say run after run of downhill skiing can get a bit tiresome.  

Still think they could ramp up the audience if they had to do the figure skating in the middle of hockey games.

4 hours ago, Destino said:

I like the positive national pride displayed by the smiling excited people marching proudly behind their flags.    

They're just jocks  doing jock things.They could care less what flag they do it under. That's just for fans to have something to identify  with. National pride is just some mythical thing. I guess what I mean is..what country you are from is irrelevant  to the human  experience. 

A lot of people aren't even playing for the country  they were born in.

Archived