Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

2018 Washington Nationals - Weak Cheese

@DCGoldPants

I think this is the kind of dumb **** people are left to talk about when spring training is almost over and your roster is solid and has relatively few questions.  Will Danny have Harp hit leadoff to change things up a handful of times this season?  Sure, why not?  Will Harper take the vast majority of his at bats at 3-4-5?  Yes, duh.  The only significant open questions right now are who is the 5th starter, how long is Murph out for, and why the **** doesn't Rizzo have a new contract yet.

6 hours ago, BRAVEONAWARPATH said:

I mean... I get that.  There’s a lot of young talent in the org, particularly from Latin America. But as much as “the window” is probably overstated, it’s a real thing. And it’s less about Bryce Harper and more about winning while Strasburg and Scherzer are in their prime and pitching at a high level. 

Who knows how effective each of those guys is going to be five years from now. Almost certainly not as good... which is significant because the Lerners will be paying both of them a lot of money for the next 15 years. Hoping that when all the deferred money kicks in we won’t see significant payroll constraints, but not sure we can count on that. 

Steroid testing for the baseballs?

‘juiced balls’

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/sports/wp/2018/03/23/mlb-tried-to-debunk-juiced-balls-theory-amid-historic-home-run-spike-pitchers-remain-skeptical/?utm_term=.d431983cfd3a

“When we’re talking about 190-pound guys hitting it one-handed off the wall,” another National said, “it kind of makes you scratch your head a bit.”

@Mr. Sinister   ?$△$?

Hahaha this Braves fan is being a dick and I'm having fun making him feel like garbage in his replies. 

I can count on one hand the amount of seconds I've spent on the Twitter accounts of opposing teams trolling fans.  

21 hours ago, Bacon said:

Hahaha this Braves fan is being a dick and I'm having fun making him feel like garbage in his replies. 

I can count on one hand the amount of seconds I've spent on the Twitter accounts of opposing teams trolling fans.  

I've seen that dink pop up a couple of times on Twitter. It'll funny to watch them disappear when we beat their asses this year

1 hour ago, Popeman38 said:

Shawn Kelly made the team?!?!?

Dude can't pitch in a meaningful game.

Murphy's DL stint--which could run into May--will be an extended try-out for middle relief. When Murph comes off the DL, one of Gott, Kelley, Romero, Grace, or Solis will be Optioned/DFA'd. It'll most likely be Gott or Grace, since they have options and don't have the contract Kelley does.

And I am with you, Kelley should never be in a high-leverage situation.

I don't think anyone will challenge the Nats in the East this year. Maybe they'll start out slow, but ultimately, there's no staying power amongst the 4 of them.

I think the Phillies could be a royal pain in the ass though, with Hoskins and co, if he can even sniff that onslaught of last summer, and if Arrieta doesn't suck.

Archived