Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

2018 Free Agency Database - (Signed: WILLIAMS - McPhee - Scandrick - P-Rich) - (Lauvao, Bergstrom, Nsehke, Taylor, Z. Brown and Quick re-signed)

DC9

• 4 weeks later...

His contract isn't too bad, he's only getting $11M this year and next year and then $12M in 2020.

He's cheaper than Norman and we have the option to dump Norman next offseason or Norman can sign a contract that fits his ability and stay.

I doubt our FO would pay that kind of money for a guy who will be 29 by the start of next season but who knows.

I think the Cowboys are crazy giving up a 1st for Cooper, that reeks of desperation.

35 minutes ago, MartinC said:

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000977422/article/cowboys-acquiring-wr-amari-cooper-from-raiders

I would not have given up a 1st for Cooper personally - nor the contract extension I assume will follow. Not least in an offense built around Elliott.

I agree, though I wonder if they would have taken a 2nd + something else to get to a first round value.  Or maybe there's a little brother discount and they would take a 2nd?  :) 

OOOOHHHHH, I have an idea!  Perine + Doctson + 3rd!  I'd even throw in a ham sammich WITH cheese. 

54 minutes ago, TryTheBeal! said:

I love me some Peterson but surely the Josh Norman contract takes us out of the mix.

Don't we have some ridiculous amount of unspent cap room? I remember reading that somewhere, we could have spent an extra 8 or 10 million but saved it?

I'm not sure that it really matters more than a year because I doubt Norman is back next year.  If we had the cap room this year, it would work, and we might, however I have no idea what the cap implications of Peterson's contract are.  But Eric Shaffer is a cap God, so I'm sure he could work something out.

19 minutes ago, TryTheBeal! said:

Let’s ship Colt and a sixth to Denver for Thomas.  Then Elway can flip Keenum to Jacksonville and get out of that contract.

Gruden would sooner part with his kids than McCoy. 

Why should we trade for a WR given how poorly Alex Smith is playing? 

That would be a waste of a either one of our players, a draft pick, or both. 

And for those talking about trading for Patrick Peterson, I hear he wants to go to NO (for what that's worth).

I wouldn't trade for anyone. But I'd sign Dez. Not because he's elite or a good locker room guy. But because I think he's healthy, under 30, was productive last year, and would play with a chip for cheap(ish). 

Smith has struggled and we don't don't have any game changers at WR. Get a big body in there. 

53 minutes ago, Malapropismic Depository said:

I hear the Broncos are shopping Demaryus Thomas.

I was thinking Peterson replaces Norman, because I see him getting cut this offseason, for salary reasons.

That's my hope. Peterson has a much longer and better track record and he never really did it with an elite front 7. 

15 minutes ago, Skinsinparadise said:

I’m told the Eagles offered a second-round pick to the Raiders for Amari Cooper last week. Raiders held out for a 1. Got it today from Philly’s NFC East rival. Colts also had interest. @AroundTheNFL @nflnetwork

I'm glad he went to the Cowboys rather than teh Eagles.  Dak isn't as good at throwing the ball as Wentz, so Cooper's effectiveness will be limited. And the lack of a first for Dallas is not a bad thing.

25 minutes ago, @SkinsGoldPants said:

I wouldn't trade for anyone. But I'd sign Dez. Not because he's elite or a good locker room guy. But because I think he's healthy, under 30, was productive last year, and would play with a chip for cheap(ish). 

Smith has struggled and we don't don't have any game changers at WR. Get a big body in there. 

I'd be all for signing him simply to start against Dallas in Dallas. I'd also throw him 10 straight passes to start the game.  :)

I was also for getting Carrie Underwood to sing the national anthem for a Dallas game right after Romo dumped her. Preferably with a Louisville Slugger in her hands....  (If you don't get the reference, I'm sorry.)

Archived