Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Redskins vs Giants Prediction Thread: Thanksgiving Special Disappointment Spectacular

skins island connection

This game will look similar to the last, we are going to score, Kirk will look good, but our horrid defense will allow the Giants to stay close. 

We we need to get a play or drive at the end to seal it and we don’t! Giants then easily march down the field and get what they need to win. 

Bottom line we suck, they suck it will be an ugly game 

Giants: 28

Redskins: 18 

after this we we can finally put any hope to bed and start building for next year which will be full of promises, and we will all be excited until we lose the opener cause we are the Redskins and that’s the way of things. 

This Thanksgiving game comes at the worst time for the Skins -- they're trying to install almost an entire offensive line with a brand-new center.  And there's the fact that Cousins' reliable safety outlets (Thompson and Reed) are gone and it's not clear who the Skins have to replace Thompson's role.  I don't see that Cousins gets enough time to throw the deep passes this week.

The Skins-Giants games are always strange and often turn out badly for Washington.  Also, the Skins seem to struggle on the nationally showcased games.  Consequently, I predict:

Skins 16

Giants 27

(I hated typing that prediction)

4 hours ago, Hdf561 said:

This game will look similar to the last, we are going to score, Kirk will look good, but our horrid defense will allow the Giants to stay close. 

We we need to get a play or drive at the end to seal it and we don’t! Giants then easily march down the field and get what they need to win. 

Bottom line we suck, they suck it will be an ugly game 

Giants: 28

Redskins: 18 

after this we we can finally put any hope to bed and start building for next year which will be full of promises, and we will all be excited until we lose the opener cause we are the Redskins and that’s the way of things. 

You, you are smart 

17 minutes ago, Veryoldschool said:

Who is able to dress today?  With so many offensive players out of the lineup I think the offense will really struggle even against a Giant team that is hurting also.  Any kind of win without additional injuries would be a blessing.

If Harrison plays -- my fear is Tomlinson and Harrison are stout up the middle and they are going up against our third string center -- we couldn't run against the Giants in the last game last season.

5 hours ago, Wyvern said:

This Thanksgiving game comes at the worst time for the Skins -- they're trying to install almost an entire offensive line with a brand-new center.  And there's the fact that Cousins' reliable safety outlets (Thompson and Reed) are gone and it's not clear who the Skins have to replace Thompson's role.  I don't see that Cousins gets enough time to throw the deep passes this week.

The Skins-Giants games are always strange and often turn out badly for Washington.  Also, the Skins seem to struggle on the nationally showcased games.  Consequently, I predict:

Skins 16

Giants 27

(I hated typing that prediction)

This what I fear also.  The OL is totally depleted and so is the receivers.  Can Perrine catch some passes?  If he can I would try to throw to him to see if can help.  Other guys have go to contribute to today.  I know the Giants are beat up too but today might be a bridge to far for Cousins and the offense.  I don't know who got that can play on defense either.  Hopefully Doctson, Perrine and someone else can have huge games.

No big deal, just another view.

https://sports.yahoo.com/games-upset-redskins-win-not-054628719.html?soc_src=mail&soc_trk=ma

Some games, you can be upset with the Redskins after a win. This is not one of those games

LANDOVER - On a day where nearly every person in the country eats until they're nauseous and then eats a little more, the Redskins and Giants made sure that those who didn't doze off on the couch kept feeling queasy late into the night.

Starting with the most bizarre attempt at downing a punt you'll ever see, Washington and New York engaged in a largely unpleasant primetime game that was downright unwatchable for all of the first half and plenty of the third and fourth quarters, too.

But thanks to some timely throws by Kirk Cousins, some tremendous catches by Jamison Crowder and some 2-9 quality play by the now 2-9 Giants, the Redskins walked off of the brown-ish, green-ish FedEx Field on the right side of a 20-10 victory.

And that should, in this instance, really be the only thing you care about.

Earlier this season, the 'Skins barely squeezed out a victory over a terrible 49ers team. And after that game, it was fair to criticize them plenty.

Now, the Giants are equally terrible, and under normal circumstances, it'd be fair to criticize the Burgundy and Gold for letting them stick around until late in the fourth quarter. The thing is, there's nothing normal about the circumstances the Redskins played under on Thanksgiving.

You know what's not normal? The fact that Kirk Cousins was taking snaps from a center that the QB didn't know existed a few months ago.

You know what else isn't normal? The kickoff of this game came just 100 hours after Washington suffered a gut punch loss that made most of their other gut punch losses look like nice little love taps.

Here's another not normal thing: Three days ago, Jay Gruden was forced to put four more starters on injured reserve, running that list's total up to 12.

Coming into Thursday, though, the Redskins knew they had to win to keep any hope of a playoff appearance alive, even with all of those not normal circumstances. And after 60 minutes that flew by with the speed of gravy dripping off of a spoon, that's exactly what they did.

So, if you want to use the phrase "a win is a win" - a phrase that should nearly always be greeted with eye rolls and head shakes - just this once, that's OK. You'll be better off revisiting the leftovers in your fridge than the film from this matchup, but regardless, you should be pleased with the result.

Archived