Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Redskins vs Giants Prediction Thread: Thanksgiving Special Disappointment Spectacular

skins island connection

6 minutes ago, BatteredFanSyndrome said:

Gimme that and crush the Cowboys and I'll be content.  It's hard for me to believe this scab squad can put together 6 in a row.  But please just beat the division folks.

if we're going to beat the Giants twice and Cowboys once, may as well beat the Chargers, Cardinals, and Broncos

This is such a bad spot. 

Both teams beat tf up. 

Skins at home on prime time 

I feel like I’ve been in this same spot 6788345 times before and every time i try to convince myself it’ll be different....and it never is

i know that prior performance never has an effect on present performances but i think all rational or logical thought is thrown out the window when dealing with DC sports

always go with your gut and the impending doom 

6 minutes ago, BRAVEONTHEWARPATH93 said:

This is such a bad spot. 

Both teams beat tf up. 

I feel like I’ve been in this same spot 6788345 times before and every time i try to convince myself it’ll be different....and it never is

i know that prior performance never has an effect on present performances but i think all rational or logical thought is thrown out the window when dealing with DC sports

just remember that Kirk has excelled on NBC Prime Time

14 hours ago, SkinssRvA said:

we will probably have an insurmountable lead with under 3 minutes left then lose the game in heartbreaking fashion.  Redskins will be the laughing stock once more.

we will probably have an insurmountable lead with under 3 minutes left then lose the game in heartbreaking fashion.  Giants will be crowned some sort of Godly team and Redskins will be the laughing stock once more.

28-24 Giants.  

Last week's game and this week's game all in one

49 minutes ago, BRAVEONTHEWARPATH93 said:

This is such a bad spot. 

Both teams beat tf up. 

You understand now. This is the way it has to be...

Skins 30

Gnats 32.

Skins up by 30 with 2 minutes left in the 4th, and Giants fire back to tie the game. Cousins gets the ball back with 45 seconds left, but misreads Grudens bat wing hand signal and rips a backwards pass at the end zone crossbar behind him, causing a safety and ensuring the loss. 

10 hours ago, petedaddy said:

if we're going to beat the Giants twice and Cowboys once, may as well beat the Chargers, Cardinals, and Broncos

I'm all for that.

I just can't wrap my head around a way where that happens.  The injury situation was bad enough, to now lose Thompson and replace him a PS guy and also be on our 3rd center, it just seems like things are not meant to be.

I honestly have no idea who is going to win.  I fear, however, it will be the Giants because they have owned the Redskins over the years. 

There will be stretches where the Redskins defense will look helpless on at least a couple of drives.  Usually that happens at the end of halfs and immediately after the offense scores a TD that gives the team a lead.  We also know that the Redskins will leave at least 10 points on the field, while giving up cheap points.  Virtually every game is a struggle, win or lose and no matter the competition.

If you put a gun to my head, sadly I would have to pick the Giants. :kickcan:

Head: Redskins 27, Giants 20. On the surface, the Redskins are considered the better team, playing at home. The Giants appear to be in a tail-spin of a season and have little to play for except pride. The Redskins know their situation and backs against the wall, they get the job done...at least for this week.

Heart: Giants 28, Redskins 24. Last week left me heartbroken with my outlook for this season. I just have no faith that this Redskins team, with the astounding amount of injuries to overcome, will be able to win a game that they MUST win vs a Giants team that will play like a cornered wolverine because that is what they do vs the Redskins.

Liver: Redskins 42, Giants 10. Yeah boi!!!! The Redskins finally put together a COMPLETE game and curb-stomp a division rival in a must-win game. The march to the playoffs begins NOW!!! *takes another sip of vodka

This game can sort of be looked at as a reverse-statement game, yeah?  Considering the level of competition the 'Skins have played week to week, this is finally an opponent that is a serious level below the pack.  If the 'Skins had gone 3-for-3 or even 2-for-3 in their last three games, I could look at this as a trap game, but at 4-6, this feels like a team that is better than their record suggests that also happens to now have their backs up against the wall with the any playoff relevance for the remainder of the season on the line.

51 minutes ago, NoCalMike said:

This game can sort of be looked at as a reverse-statement game, yeah?  Considering the level of competition the 'Skins have played week to week, this is finally an opponent that is a serious level below the pack.  If the 'Skins had gone 3-for-3 or even 2-for-3 in their last three games, I could look at this as a trap game, but at 4-6, this feels like a team that is better than their record suggests that also happens to now have their backs up against the wall with the any playoff relevance for the remainder of the season on the line.

If we lose, or struggle with THIS Giants team in a close win...   I dont wanna go to the playoffs.  We wouldnt do anything but embarrass ourselves again nationally.

We better blow the doors off of the Giants, period!!!

Archived