Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Redskins vs Giants Prediction Thread: Thanksgiving Special Disappointment Spectacular

skins island connection

When: Thanksgiving night 7:30 p.m.

Where: FedEx Field

I want to start off by saying I hope everyone has a happy Thanksgiving. A time for family and friends get together to enjoy something more than a meal, and that is family and friends, but if you are alone, like myself, it can be a trying time for some, so please, pick up a phone, invite a neighbor, maybe help out or donate to a charity providing a thanksgiving meal to those who do not or cannot be with others. It means a lot more to them than you may realize.

Now, on to other less enjoyable things.

The Redskins welcome in to FedEx Field the woeful New York Giants, for a Thursday night after-meal game.

The Giants come off an overtime win at home against a Kansas City Chiefs team looking playoff bound by a score of 12-9, with only 1 TD scored by the Giants offense, which led to a missed XP to set up the FG battle. Surprising, yes; out of the question, no. Anything can happen in this league this year, and the Giants are living proof, but being only their 2nd win of the season, they're still putting out an effort to be spoilers.

Also on Sunday, the Redskins all but had the game won, yet once again snatched defeat from the jaws of victory. Giving up a 15 point lead in the final minutes to an admittingly good team in the New Orleans Saints, a collapse in execution and coaching, especially on the defensive side, enabled Drew Brees and Co. to chalk up a comeback that buzzed the sports wires across the country. Cousins played great for 3-1/2 qtrs., and even late in the game when the Saints came back to tie it up, connecting on 2 good passes to get the Redskins into FG position. then things went south, in a hurry. A mis-communication [ if you call it that ] via an errant quick pass to absolutely no one around, drew a flag to cost them the down, 10 yds, and 10 second clock run-off. Then, to add insult to injury, on the very next play, Cousins was drilled from behind [ sounds weird ] for a sack and fumble as time ran out. 

Then overtime. Cousins once again took another sack, and ended up going 3-and-out, punting the ball away to the Saints who would methodically drive down the field in chunks of yardage to set up the game-winning FG, making it 34-31. The wind was out of the sails for the Redskins, at one point being so joyful to see the Redskins avenge a loss to one good team only to lose instead of win against another good team. Disappointing indeed. But, its simply more of the same; lack of understanding of opponents playing in desperation mode, when teams are pulling out all the stops, i.e.; all-out blitz, trick plays, etc, combined with a coaching staff who seems to consistently fail to realize whats going on until its too late. Then, the proverbial shrugging of the shoulders, a 'we gotta play better', using the injury bug as an excuse [ when the very same players GOT you the very lead you eventually lost ] it all adds up to frustration.

So, the million-dollar question is, how or who can cure this?

A win is a good start. A focused, determined group of coaches and players coming together to win a game against an opponent who is not only a divisional foe, but an opponent who always seem to be able to kick the Redskins when they're down, and even when they're not.

This is a Thanksgiving night game, and a chance to be a winner, on primetime tv, to show people that the Redskins are a pretty good team, and to fully grasp everything that is going on and be able to stop things from happening before they happen. Preventative maintenance if you will.

This game will be a test of wills. The Giants want to beat the Redskins at home, and to redeem their horrible season, if even a little bit, so they will come to play. The question is, will the Redskins show up, and if they do, will they play another 3-1/2 qtrs of football or will they learn to play a full game? Only time will tell. This is a divisional rivalry game, and they do tend to get crazy at times.

when the dust [ and the turkey ] settles,

the Redskins find themselves scratching their heads once again, in disbelief.

Redskins 30

Giants 34

* First correct score prediction wins a new Redskins cap or beanie.

Good luck, and have a happy Thanksgiving everyone.      Go  Skins!

Man....a grizzled Skins fans would be wise to predict another embarrassing loss to a **** team here. 

BUT

Ppl keep telling me they’re close to a breakthrough. Well then a decent team will destroy a sorry, dejected Giants team by two TDs. Now the Skins are incapable of comfortable wins ever so I’ll take 

Giants 21 

Skins 24

Deep down i see 

Giants 21

Skins 12 

I will say that if this defense gives up 30+ to these jokers then we are ****ed long term and there is truly no hope 

Didn't watch their game but it would appear the Giants defense got their swag back based on the box score.  It would be fitting given how this season has played out thus far.  Getting the little playoff hope we have pissed on, on National TV on Thanksgiving would follow the script.  We're an already banged up team on 3 days rest coming off a soul crushing loss on the road.  All signs point to this thing going south for us.  The Giants can't run the ball but most likely they'll find a groove against this bunch.  We'll be suiting up a guy from Philly's practice squad to pick up 3rd down blitzes.  I could go on and on as to why this goes terribly.

Giants 27

Skins  19

:hitfan: 

This is the equivalent of a "home coming" or "senior night" game for the Maryland Terps with a sacrificial lamb team like Howard University coming in to have an easy win for the fans.

Well the Thanksgiving evening game will give us the same opportunity to eat good, then beat up on and crush a inferior opponent.

Skins 38               Giants  9

we will probably have an insurmountable lead with under 3 minutes left then lose the game in heartbreaking fashion.  Giants will be crowned some sort of Godly team and Redskins will be the laughing stock once more.

28-24 Giants.  

we will probably have an insurmountable lead with under 3 minutes left then lose the game in heartbreaking fashion.  Giants will be crowned some sort of Godly team and Redskins will be the laughing stock once more.

28-24 Giants.  

11 hours ago, BRAVEONTHEWARPATH93 said:

We just don’t play well against this team. Ever. 

Kirk always thinks he is wearing blue when he plays them. Eli somehow remembers how to play QB. One of their random ass CFL RBs will bust our asses. 

It’s like clock work

the more i think about it, we are so ****ed 

That's what I'm thinking. Why, I dunno, but the Giants are ALWAYS a thorn in the side of this team.

Some may think that the Redskins will play down to the Giants, but I think its the other way around; the Giants play UP to the Redskins.

If this game ends up being a loss, I could see it as the beginning of the end for a number of Redskins personnel and players. Guys want to win, so those whose contracts are up will not bother, they will look elsewhere, at teams trending up.

Its almost like the writing is on the wall.

I hate how we match up with the Giants in the Gruden/Cousins era. This is actually probably the worst team in our division to be having a bad year simply because it doesn't seem like we're capable of sweeping them. Still, I'm going to go with my heart and with what should happen if we play how we can...

Giants 19

Redskins 27

12 minutes ago, skins island connection said:

That's what I'm thinking. Why, I dunno, but the Giants are ALWAYS a thorn in the side of this team.

Some may think that the Redskins will play down to the Giants, but I think its the other way around; the Giants play UP to the Redskins.

If this game ends up being a loss, I could see it as the beginning of the end for a number of Redskins personnel and players. Guys want to win, so those whose contracts are up will not bother, they will look elsewhere, at teams trending up.

Its almost like the writing is on the wall.

I agree with you that a loss would seal the fate of a lot of the staff and players. Right or wrong, I could see a loss on National TV to a 2-8 team being the nail in the coffin for Gruden as well.

Giants 31

Skins 14

We thought it couldn't get any lower than last week, until that ****ty ass team clocks us at home in front of millions

Drowning ones self in all manner of delicious food and drink will do nothing to numb the pain (which, frankly, i feel sorry for those that still care enough to have any). This is the end.

After dropping 31 on the Saints, I see this offense stuttering to even break the double digit mark.. 3 field goals while in the redzone will probably be it.

24-9 Giants. (defense keeps it close until the 2 minute warning of each half, letting in 14 of those 24 in the last 120 seconds of each half)

20 minutes ago, Mr. Sinister said:

Giants 31

Skins 14

We thought it couldn't get any lower than last week, until that ****ty ass team clocks us at home in front of millions

Drowning ones self in all manner of delicious food and drink will do nothing to numb the pain (which, frankly, i feel sorry for those that still care enough to have any). This is the end.

Willing to give me 17 points? If so, shoot me a PM and let's work out a deal.... :)

This game for sure has the potential to go south. Including IR, we have 32 players listed on injury report. That's 32. A 3 and then a 2 after it. 32. Short week, coming off a soul crushing loss. Going up a against a team that traditionally gives us fits. It can go south for sure.

But under Gruden we've generally done well in games we "should" win. We've only played two teams all year that are currently below .500 (and one of them was undefeated when we played them) We are 2-0 against those teams.

I do think people are predicting too high of a point total for the Giants. Our defense has been decimated down the middle, but they've also been playing some really good/tough offenses with very, very good OL's. This week they face maybe the worst OL in football-- right there with Seattle. And unlike Wilson, Eli doesn't move when the protection breaks down. And our CBs are still REALLY good-- they were good last week too-- Saints gashed us down the middle. So I don't think the Giants will move the ball particularly well or score a bunch of points. Could they sort of slowly move the chains, convert third down, etc.? Yeah, I could see that.

My fear here is what we do on offense. We've been really good there lately, especially considering the injuries, but how many guys can we lose and not feel the effects? I'm also worried about the OL... they are being taped together week to week and I assume barely making it to Sunday. A short week can't be good for them. And while the Giants D has been bad overall this year, they should be better. Their O is void of talent, but their D isn't. Those guys for sure quit at times this year and maybe last week they found their pride. Maybe they decide to play harder the rest of the way. My fear here would be our offense is just stuck in the mud all night and we see a very low scoring punt-fest. And if we turn it over, then we could be in real trouble.

I also think there is another possibility- that we will continue to play very hard and as we pretty much always have under Gruden and that the Giants really do stink and last week was just a random outlier against a beat up Chiefs team in miserable weather conditions. They are still 2-8 and perhaps they aren't fully invested in this short week. I wouldn't be surprised if we won this game something like 27-10 or thereabouts. I WOULD be shocked if the Giants win easily or their offense lights us up.

I will split the difference and say we end the game right around where the point spread currently lies. I think the game is ugly. A struggle. Our defense plays pretty well. Our offense is meh. We avoid any major mistakes that totally turn the game. We win 20-13; hold them off late.

Archived