Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

2017-2018 NCAA Men's Basketball

PleaseBlitz

4 hours ago, Dan T. said:

People from Maryland have an inferiority complex when it comes to Virginia.  I've noticed that over and over again. It's kinda sad.

Or people from Virginia have a superiority complex when it comes to Maryland. I’ve noticed that over and over again. It’s kind of bad.

Both states, like any state in the union have their good and bad. One isn’t always better than the other. 

Anyone is welcome to correct me on this, but is the only team left from Virginia, DC, or Maryland the #16 seed team that just beat the #1 overall seed UVA by 20 points?  They're likely going to die tomorrow, and I'll be done with March Madness if that's the case.  What a GD waste, there's too much talent in the mid-atlantic for this to be going on, wtf man?

1 hour ago, Renegade7 said:

Anyone is welcome to correct me on this, but is the only team left from Virginia, DC, or Maryland the #16 seed team that just beat the #1 overall seed UVA by 20 points?  They're likely going to die tomorrow, and I'll be done with March Madness if that's the case.  What a GD waste, there's too much talent in the mid-atlantic for this to be going on, wtf man?

There's 2 teams left from WV. It's how you can easily tell the difference between WV and Virginia.

I had LIU Chicago in the Sweet 16. But I had them beating Wright State today..so I was only partially correct. 

Also..suck it Beilein. ?

Only SEC team left standing...UK.

Tennessee falling was a surprise, and I thought Florida might get through.

I still hate that Duke and UNC are still in. But, our bracket looks better and better. That said, I don’t think Kentucky will be sleeping on anyone.

At this point my Wildcats have surpssed my midseason expectations.

7 hours ago, The Evil Genius said:

Dang spoke to soon. Meatchicken lives.

Still...suck it Beilein.

I hold no hard feelings for Coach B.  He runs a class program and elevated WVU basketball at a time we were dead in he water.  Him leaving gave us Huggy.  I actually enjoy seeing Beilein succeed. 

16 hours ago, skinsfan_1215 said:

That is a hell of a thing to pull out of your arse and then repeat authoritatively like you know what you’re talking about. 

There's a whole history of racist and unintentionally and "unintentionally" racist school mascots. And it's fair, we didn't think about things like this even 3-4 decades ago. I'd file this under unintentional, like "Redskins". It's not as overt as Ole Miss Rebels or more obscure as "Tarheel".

Well for the first time in a long time decided to watch some March Madness. 2 sons at UNR,so decided to watch the Wolfpack play,(Both sons in band so we've been going to Football and Basketball games the past few years).  Talk about good timing. Some great games have been played so far,(even though my bracket is now comfortably in the shredder ;) ).  Just got done watching Butler vs Purdue. Another good one.  My wife turned the games on first thing this morning. Yep. She's officially hooked watching the games. Even said last night "Imagine watching this on a bigger TV."  shocked-smiley-emoticon.gif 

Archived