Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

2017-2018 NCAA Men's Basketball

PleaseBlitz

Yeah dawg, I don’t care about their efficiency when their pace of play was like 320 in division one. You can keep pretending their offense was good, but everyone knows it wasn’t. If you have a good offense, you do not have to play that slow.

And you can also pretend that having top 25 prospects mean nothing, but only one school has won a national title without having a Mickey Ds player. When a game is tight and it’s hard to score, those players make the difference.

And I have zero idea why you mentioning lottery picks, UVa had no NBA player on the court last night. That Lyles kid looks more of an NBA prospect than any UVA player did and he was the one who eviscerated their “all time great defense.”

I am baffled that anyone is making excuses or trying to explain away or pretending that UVA’s style of play is fine and they had an off night. They were the #1 team in America and lost to a 16 seed. Stop excusing it.

also, Maryland>Virginia

UMBC lost by 50 points to effing Albany this year.

7 minutes ago, BenningRoadSkin said:

And I have zero idea why you mentioning lottery picks, UVa had no NBA player on the court last night. That Lyles kid looks more of an NBA prospect than any UVA player did and he was the one who eviscerated their “all time great defense.”

That McDonald's BBall stat you're quoting is irrelevant.  There are so many McDonald's AA selections that the majority don't even end up being good college players.  Being picked in the lottery is a far better measure of blue chip talent.

28 minutes ago, stevemcqueen1 said:

That McDonald's BBall stat you're quoting is irrelevant.  There are so many McDonald's AA selections that the majority don't even end up being good college players.  Being picked in the lottery is a far better measure of blue chip talent.

I don’t deny that at all about lottery players being the better barometer, but none of that had anything to do with UVA eating an L last night to a 16 seed. Especially since Lyles is probably the best pro prospect from both teams.

And a high proportion of Mickey D players end up as nba player versus non Mickey d players. That Kansas team had 4 McDonalds All Americans. The UNC team had multiple All americans and first round picks as well. And in 2011, Kemba Walker was a lottery pick and a Mickey D player.

The point is talent usually wins. UVA ain’t got much talent. 

35 minutes ago, stevemcqueen1 said:

Ah.  Salty Maryland fan.

Maryland > Virginia isn’t saltiness. It’s fact

2 hours ago, stevemcqueen1 said:

Where did you read that nonsense?  The name comes from the fact that Virginia was a royal colony and supported the crown during the English Civil War. The term long predates the foundation of the University.

Battle Cry of Freedom by James McPherson

4 hours ago, Elessar78 said:

It’s the meme of the cavalier in southern culture. I’m just drawing a not too far off connection.

That is a hell of a thing to pull out of your arse and then repeat authoritatively like you know what you’re talking about. 

1 hour ago, ClaytoAli said:

Fixed it for you.

People forget that the state flag is Black and Yellow (UMBC Retrievers) as much as it is Red and White (UMCP Terrapins).

MD-Flag-cropped-500x373.jpg

UMD’s colors are red, white, black, and yellow

2 hours ago, Dan T. said:

People from Maryland have an inferiority complex when it comes to Virginia.  I've noticed that over and over again. It's kinda sad.

Inferiority complex, lmao

Archived