Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

2017-2018 NCAA Men's Basketball

PleaseBlitz

1 minute ago, KAOSkins said:

My NMSU Aggies are predicted by everyone and their mother to beat Clemson tomorrow as the 12th seed upset pick de jour.  I'm worried like a dad on his daughters prom night.  

That's one I predict as well. Sorry. 

Buffalo leading Arizona by 5 eight minutes in.

7 minutes ago, abdcskins said:

That's one I predict as well. Sorry. 

Buffalo leading Arizona by 5 eight minutes in.

Sorry isn't necessary, I like getting the respect it's been a long time since we've had a team this good (and I appreciate it).  I think we have a damn good shot and we are probably the better team.  But I worry about how the guys are gonna handle it, that sort of attention has got more potential downside for them than up I think.  

1 hour ago, KAOSkins said:

My NMSU Aggies are predicted by everyone and their mother to beat Clemson tomorrow as the 12th seed upset pick de jour.  I'm worried like a dad on his daughters prom night.  

Yeah, they're both gonna get ****ed

17 minutes ago, Lombardi's_kid_brother said:

College basketball is an exciting sport largely through incompetence. That Alabama-VT game was exciting. But there was a stretch late where there were back to back airballs as the shot clock expired followed by back to back unforced turnovers. Fun!

It's not as fun as watching James Harden dribble for 10 seconds, lower his shoulder and initiate contact, shove off with non dribbling hand and then shoot and have a foul called on the defensive player?

Tough crowd.

Pac12 basketball was horrendous this year. This tournament just confirms it.

Now... Let's Go!

Edit... forgot to mention. Tennessee surprised me the most yesterday. Thought they were going to have trouble and that they were overseeded. I think I was just terribly wrong on them.

I also enjoyed VT's strategy of calling a timeout to set up a play and having that play be a series of fumbling handoffs until they just said "Screw it" and ran a high screen and ran a high screen and roll.

Also, John Beilein's ability to find the least attractive, least physically imposing white basketball players who weirdly have some talent remains unmatched in all of sports.

13 minutes ago, Lombardi's_kid_brother said:

College basketball is an exciting sport largely through incompetence. That Alabama-VT game was exciting. But there was a stretch late where there were back to back airballs as the shot clock expired followed by back to back unforced turnovers. Fun!

tenor.gif?itemid=4570493

Our sincerest apologies that we derive joy from such base pleasures. Now leave me to my dram of Mad Dog 20/20 and fine 2017 vintage of Arbor Mist. 

11 minutes ago, The Evil Genius said:

Edit... forgot to mention. Tennessee surprised me the most yesterday. Thought they were going to have trouble and that they were on. I think I was just terribly wrong on them.

They're kind of like a slightly worse version of UVA.  They look good.

A lot of focus was on Kentucky and Arizona as the four and five seeds, but that regional's 1-3 were the best in the tourney IMO.  Rough deal for Cincy and Tennessee to likely have to play each other and then likely face UVA in the elite 8, but you have to beat great teams at some point.

45 minutes ago, The Evil Genius said:

It's not as fun as watching James Harden dribble for 10 seconds, lower his shoulder and initiate contact, shove off with non dribbling hand and then shoot and have a foul called on the defensive player?

It's true that this is awful to watch.  And that it's a flaw in the way the NBA game can be played.  But almost nobody else is as extreme and unwatchable as the Rockets, thank God.  If you really want to **** on the NBA, there are better ways.  Mention the cartoonishly corrupt officiating.  Or the utter lack of of competition outside the top two or three teams.  Mention the fact that 50 percent of the league right now is just trying to make the playoffs to sell tickets, and that the other half is engaged in the only real competition to be had: sucking enough to get kids like DeAndre Ayton.

College basketball could fix like 75% of its style of play issues by going to a 24 second shot clock and getting rid of the possession arrow and just jumping it up.

I don't care that college kids can't shoot and dribble like NBA players.  I care that so much of a college basketball game is spent pointlessly running off clock.

6 minutes ago, TryTheBeal! said:

James Harden is among the finest ball-handlers and jump-shooters in the history of the sport.

And y’all are a bunch doofus hacks.

No doubt (on both). Doesn't change the fact that he initiates 99% of all contact on him, always pushes off with his non dribbling hand, and gets almost every call even though he is the one fouling.

Back to NCAAB, the LIU Chicago/Miami game yestersay is what makes this tournament so great. 

Archived