Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

2017-2018 NCAA Men's Basketball

PleaseBlitz

21 minutes ago, TryTheBeal! said:

Yes, yes. 

Good.

I enjoy it.  The offense, this year especially, isn't what slows the game down but it's the other team not being able to get a clean look and having to force **** 25 seconds into the clock.  Uvas offense will shoot if they have a shot regardless of time on shot clock and so many people think they wear it down to the last 5 seconds but I guess whatever the media feeds you wins

2 minutes ago, BenningRoadSkin said:

who would you have given that two seed too?

Not a team with 10 losses that finished 11-7 in the ACC along with 4 other ACC teams and did not win the ACC tournament. Pretty much any of the 3 seeds or 4 seeds. UNC didn't just get a 2 seed, they were the 5 overall seed in the tournament. 

1 minute ago, Hersh said:

Not a team with 10 losses that finished 11-7 in the ACC along with 4 other ACC teams and did not win the ACC tournament. Pretty much any of the 3 seeds or 4 seeds. UNC didn't just get a 2 seed, they were the 5 overall seed in the tournament. 

They played one of the hardest schedules in the country in arguably the hardest conference and beat top teams.

Just now, BenningRoadSkin said:

They played one of the hardest schedules in the country in arguably the hardest conference and beat top teams.

and had 10 losses and didn't win the regular season nor the tournament. 

2 minutes ago, Dont Taze Me Bro said:

They were 1st in SOS, 5th in RPI and SOR and 7th in BPI.   Definitely a #2 seed.

see above.

I’d love to complain about our 5 seed, but we were projected as a 6, and we ALL know that the selection committee doesn’t factor tourney championships very heavily...if at all.

I said a month and a half ago that I’d be happy to avoid the NIT.

4 minutes ago, Hersh said:

The ever changing NCAA criteria. Cool. 

Written in pencil...if at all

1 hour ago, BenningRoadSkin said:

who would you have given that two seed too?

Michigan State.  They only had 4 losses on the year and beat both North Carolina and Purdue which both got #2 seeds.  They were also ranked in the polls at #4.

Just now, China said:

Michigan State.  They only had 4 losses on the year and DESTROYED North Carolina and beat Purdue which both got #2 seeds.  They were also ranked in the polls at #4.

Fixed that for you

1 hour ago, ixcuincle said:

No real complaints about the field. Who made it in deserved to be in. 

Sorry, got to disagree here. Oklahoma in over Oklahoma St. Is tv media love for Trae Young. Same record, actually 1/2 game better for OSU, due to the fact they beat the Sooners 2 out of three. OSU also swept season series from Kansas and beat WVA in their house. Oklahoma was 2-8 over their last ten. Trae been figured out. OSU the better team.

5 minutes ago, China said:

Michigan State.  They only had 4 losses on the year and beat both North Carolina and Purdue which both got #2 seeds.  They were also ranked in the polls at #4.

thats fair

The problem is their strength of schedule is 112 and they played in the weakest of the Big 5 conferences.

3 minutes ago, Long n Left said:

Sorry, got to disagree here. Oklahoma in over Oklahoma St. Is tv media love for Trae Young. Same record, actually 1/2 game better for OSU, due to the fact they beat the Sooners 2 out of three. OSU also swept season series from Kansas and beat WVA in their house. Oklahoma was 2-8 over their last ten. Trae been figured out. OSU the better team.

this is the one I think people should be upset over.

OSU had a better record and was a better team than Oklahoma yet got snubbed.

15 minutes ago, BenningRoadSkin said:

this is the one I think people should be upset over.

OSU had a better record and was a better team than Oklahoma yet got snubbed.

Texas, with the exact same conference and overall record as OSU, got in from the Big XII also. I believe OSU is better than both Texas and Oklahoma.

OSU added a big piece in second semester with Sema, the 6'11' Rutgers transfer. Made that team far deeper and more formidable...and a better team than the other two, right now.

Archived