Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

2017-2018 NCAA Men's Basketball

PleaseBlitz

10 hours ago, TryTheBeal! said:

Mountaineers on the ropes.

Yeah they had to lose eventually. Got to make the FTs and not have nearly every foul called on you.

Going to be some fallout from one of the players punching a fan too. Apparently when they stormed the court, one of the fans made contact (maybe hit?) a WVU player. Unfortunately, the player threw a punch in retaliation. Got to be smarter than that. :(

8 hours ago, The Evil Genius said:

Yeah they had to lose eventually. Got to make the FTs and not have nearly every foul called on you.

Going to be some fallout from one of the players punching a fan too. Apparently when they stormed the court, one of the fans made contact (maybe hit?) a WVU player. Unfortunately, the player threw a punch in retaliation. Got to be smarter than that. :(

Had a wide open 3 at the end for the lead and just missed it. Ah well, Kansas up next. 

So, WVU's Wesley Harris was the guy that was involved in the altercation with TT fans as they were storming the court.  So far, here is what the fallout is:

Texas Tech has already been fined for not providing a safe environment for WVU's basketball team.  Sounds like they are getting the brunt of the blame here, Big 12's statement said "“The Texas Tech Department of Athletics has a written event management policy which was unsuccessful in ensuring the safety and security of the visiting team game participants. Although the Big 12 Conference does not currently have a policy prohibiting spectators from entering playing areas for post-game celebrations, it is of utmost importance that home game management provide adequate security measures for our student-athletes, coaches, game officials and spectators.”

After reviewing the video, WVU AD Lyons said basically, that it wasn't a punch from Harris, it was like a push with his elbow after a fan ran directly into him.  It's not clear if he'll catch any discipline at all.  Either way, hopefully Esa Ahmad gets most of Harris' minutes going forward anyways.  

Lyons also said, basically, that WVU fans should never storm a court because that's what happens after upsets and none of our wins should be considered upsets.  I very much like that line of thinking.

I'll also just say, as someone who has stormed a basketball court maybe half a dozen times, you are always going to have asshole students that use that opportunity to intentionally run into opposing players.  I never did that, although I may, hypothetically, have run into Dick Vitale on one occasion, which may or may not have been, if it did happen, WVU's home upset of UConn that may or may not have happened on  February 11, 1998.  

9 minutes ago, PleaseBlitz said:

Well WVU Kansas last night was the most disappointing ****ing game I can remember.  

It was bad. But it wasn't UMass in '95 bad.

I watched (in person) WVU blow an 18pt lead in the last 5 minutes against #1 UMass and then lose in OT.

What's happened to Teddy Buckets? Ego?

8 minutes ago, The Evil Genius said:

It was bad. But it wasn't UMass in '95 bad.

I watched (in person) WVU blow an 18pt lead in the last 5 minutes against #1 UMass and then lose in OT.

What's happened to Teddy Buckets? Ego?

Yea, attitude issues.  We needed his scoring in the 2nd half, but I won't question Huggins.  

nothing more boring than watching high school highlight reel of blue chip prospects. Most of the time, 99%, all the other kids are just physically inferior. It's not really impressive. I'm just surprised it translates so well to college ball, where I'd say there are a lot of players athletically on par with these blue chippers. 

I’m a huge uva fan.  But even I think they’re way overrated. 

However, holding any team to 13 points in the final 26 minutes including a total of 3 in a 16 minute stretch is impressive. 

I think Duke will beat them this week 

Had a chance to attend a KU game at Allen Fieldhouse Saturday night as the miniscule college football program I work for did security at the game to fundraise. I have to say it's right up there with any sporting venue I've been to in terms of atmosphere. Definitely a bucket list item. 

Archived