Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

2017-2018 NCAA Men's Basketball

PleaseBlitz

I have doubts about how Young will translate to the NBA.  Being a small point guard who isn't overly fast and chucks 30 foot off the dribble early shot clock threes as much as he does isn't a traditional formula for success.  It is really really hard to make it at the position if you aren't fast.  Trey Burke and Jimmer Fredette were fantastic college players that just didn't have the size and speed to be more than bench players in the NBA.  Trae Young is taller than Burke, so he should have more upside.  But it's definitely going to be a lot harder for him to score in volume in the NBA.

lol uva

11 hours ago, Momma There Goes That Man said:

Go Hokies! Big win. 

But good lord lord college basketball sucks. 

(Clank clank clank. 

Teams run around not knowing what to do. 

Coach yells at them  what to do. 

Clank clank clank.) 

It’s basically an entirely different sport than the NBA, completely inferior in every way. 

The NBA is awful to watch. No defense whatsoever. Every score like 130-125. 

1 hour ago, ixcuincle said:

lol uva

The NBA is awful to watch. No defense whatsoever. Every score like 130-125. 

There is plenty of defense in the NBA but they still score more because it is a better product with 100x the talent of players. I wouldn’t say quality defense is the reason for low scoring college basketball, it’s mostly just bad or average players.  

But even if the nba is more offensively focused, I’m fine with that. 50-52 score basketball games are not exciting, regardless of how close they are 

30 minutes ago, pjfootballer said:

I love when people compare “kids” to paid pros. I mean come on. What do you expect? The best Bama team couldn’t hang with the Browns (well maybe for a quarter). 

No but college football is still every bit as much, if not more exciting, than the NFL. If it is an inferior product to the nfl it is isn’t by much despite the talent gap.

People care about college basketball because of the tournament and because of upsets. The actual product isn’t very entertaining 

• 3 weeks later...
On 2/11/2018 at 1:30 PM, Momma There Goes That Man said:

No but college football is still every bit as much, if not more exciting, than the NFL. If it is an inferior product to the nfl it is isn’t by much despite the talent gap.

People care about college basketball because of the tournament and because of upsets. The actual product isn’t very entertaining 

I agree that the difference in the level of play from CFB to the NFL is lesser than it is in CBB to the NBA.

But there is still a pretty big difference.  The CFB product is just so amazing that nobody cares.  And they only play 12-14 games so you don't notice that difference as much.  An avid NBA fan watches 80+ games a year so you're going to get used to seeing a certain level of performance and it can be jarring to watch CBB.  Plus there are more key differences in the rules that change the nature of a CBB game (for the worse).

But CBB is still an amazing sport and I make time to watch it even though my alma mater is a middle of the road mid major that is almost never televised and I'm a die hard NBA fan.

Archived