Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

2017-2018 NCAA Men's Basketball

PleaseBlitz

Umahguh, are you all the same people that listen to Drake/Ed Sheeran/Bruno Mars and at the same time **** about how they suck? I watched K-State and KY last night and it was only enjoyable because I have some psychological expectation of a team with a lower number beside their name not losing to a team with a higher number beside their name. It's a lot of wasted energy rationalizing and intellectualizing why CBB sucks for you. Yes, we get it, you all have a more refined basketball palate. Yet, the same lot tunes in to the woeful, unwatchable Redskins in the fall. 

Maybe I'm weird, but I watch sports to watch great athletes. I'm also kinda over the mid-major in the Final Four. The Butler-VCU Final Four game was the point where I was like, "You know what.....I wouldn't watch this game in January on ESPN3. Why am I watching it now?"

Like, I guess that Loyola-Kansas State team is interesting from the perspective of "A pretty awful team is going to make the Final Four." But I don't want to watch it.

4 minutes ago, Elessar78 said:

Umahguh, are you all the same people that listen to Drake/Ed Sheeran/Bruno Mars and at the same time **** about how they suck? I watched K-State and KY last night and it was only enjoyable because I have some psychological expectation of a team with a lower number beside their name not losing to a team with a higher number beside their name. It's a lot of wasted energy rationalizing and intellectualizing why CBB sucks for you. Yes, we get it, you all have a more refined basketball palate. Yet, the same lot tunes in to the woeful, unwatchable Redskins in the fall. 

I'm down to maybe 9 Redskins games a year for similar reasons. I want to be entertained by my entertainment.

1 hour ago, stevemcqueen1 said:

All I know is that I don't want Villanova to win it so that my cousin doesn't win my bracket group.

I feel like they are a huge favorite right now, though they are on the side of the bracket that still has real teams. Michigan may actually be a betting favorite, because my god.

Duke is going to beat Syracuse by 30, right? I mean, they play that zone every year and they've had a week to prepare and also Syracuse sucks, right?

Tbf, there are really a lot of factors effecting scoring.

1 and dones, teams actually playing defense, bigger better athletes, etc.

College basketball should be played in the 60s and 70s. No one really wants 130-122 games, do they? Especially with 8 less minutes played than a pro game.

I like that some programs play extremely up-tempo and others focus on defense.  The contrast of styles makes for a lot of great games.  Like tonight between WVU and Villanova, whoever gets the game to conform to their style is going to win.  Villanova wants to get out and run, but under control, and then hit 3s in the half court.  WVU wants to devolve the game into a frantic rock fight, kill on the boards, and let Sags out muscle guys on both ends. 

9 hours ago, Lombardi's_kid_brother said:

Maybe I'm weird, but I watch sports to watch great athletes. I'm also kinda over the mid-major in the Final Four. The Butler-VCU Final Four game was the point where I was like, "You know what.....I wouldn't watch this game in January on ESPN3. Why am I watching it now?"

Like, I guess that Loyola-Kansas State team is interesting from the perspective of "A pretty awful team is going to make the Final Four." But I don't want to watch it.

Butler went to back to back championship games. Their coach is now a way above average NBA coach. They had some NBA level talent. They were a #1 seed. 

Only because they weren't from a P5 conference is that a problem for you. 

On 3/23/2018 at 10:25 AM, Lombardi's_kid_brother said:

You find an underdog story so joyless that you refuse to even watch? 

When did you lose your heart?  Has it been hard to carry on without one?     

Archived