Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

2017-2018 NCAA Men's Basketball

PleaseBlitz

6 minutes ago, The Evil Genius said:

Maybe I'llll be proven wrong but it looks like the Kansas/Duke winner (Kansas) vs the Nova/TTech winner (Nova) will be a better matchup than the finali don't see Meatchicken or LIU Chicago giving either much trouble. 

Michigan has been the best team in the country for about the last month.

9 hours ago, TryTheBeal! said:

Michigan has been the best team in the country for about the last month.

First time I watched them beat MSU this year I knew they were solid (they were ranked like 19 or so at the time). Second time I watched them beat MSU this year I knew I was probably picking them to make the final four if matchups were favorable. Then they won the B1G tourney and everyone else caught on too. 

1 hour ago, AsburySkinsFan said:

Grayson Allen

Ever time I see this guys name I have to tell myself its not the same Dick Grayson and no, Robin does not play college basketball (though he kinda does have a bit of a Batman sidekick look to him).

Off-topic On-Topic question:  Do any of ya'll believe any of the those dominant Women's UCONN teams could beat the Men's champion of the same year?  They're undefeated again.

KAnsas’ experience Made a huge difference. Ukrainian guy is a senior, Newman is a redshirt soph (been there 3 years), and the is a center soph too. I think it makes a huge difference. Their team defense was really sophisticated. On offense, they knew exactly where the ball needed to go on Duke switches. They were very well drilled. 

I thought Duke played well and they could’ve won it in regulation. They played beyond what I expected of this group this season. A final four would’ve been a nice surprise. In any one game they could prob beat Michigan or Villanova-but not likely.

TBF, what I loved about Duke BB haven’t seen it in prob over a decade. Duke 2002 was great to watch: Boozer, Dunleavy, Jay Williams were all upperclassmen and the offense was top notch-sophistication. And it changed every year based on who was on the team. This year, it was a good team but didn’t really have an offensive identity. 

Additionally, for a program like Duke, any program really, the leadership matters. Grayson was the only upperclassmen starter and he doesn’t seem like much of a leader. 

14 minutes ago, skinsmarydu said:

That's how I feel, El. It was a good season with a young team. Hope we can keep a few. ☺

Wouldn’t be shocked if one of the lottery babies stay. “Unfinished business”

8 hours ago, Renegade7 said:

Ever time I see this guys name I have to tell myself its not the same Dick Grayson and no, Robin does not play college basketball (though he kinda does have a bit of a Batman sidekick look to him).

Off-topic On-Topic question:  Do any of ya'll believe any of the those dominant Women's UCONN teams could beat the Men's champion of the same year?  They're undefeated again.

No.  No chance.  I doubt the UConn women's team could beat any D1 basketball school.  Too much height speed and strength disparity.  That's not a knock on Uconn.  Just an observation on gender disparity.

10 minutes ago, Kilmer17 said:

No.  No chance.  I doubt the UConn women's team could beat any D1 basketball school.  Too much height speed and strength disparity.  That's not a knock on Uconn.  Just an observation on gender disparity.

Pat Summit used to have her teams scrimmage against the best men's intramural teams at UT. (Generally guys who probably could have played at a DIII school or something but chose to go to UT instead). She said the women lost more than half the time, but that it prepared them for less physical women's teams. The tallest player on UConn's womens team is 6'6. The guards all under 6'0.

On ‎3‎/‎24‎/‎2018 at 11:04 PM, Destino said:

You find an underdog story so joyless that you refuse to even watch? 

When did you lose your heart?  Has it been hard to carry on without one?     

An underdog is fun when it's unexpected. The Loyola team is starting to grow on me, because they might actually be somewhat good.

I absolutely hate it, though, when the 5th best team or whatever from a power conference stumbles into the Final Four.

47 minutes ago, BenningRoadSkin said:

Didn’t Duke start the season off as preseason number one?

Only an idjit would've believed that. 

That's just to get the haters primed and salivating. 

"Villanova team of destiny" just doesn't have the same drawing power, even though it was probably more true than anything else in the preseason. 

31 minutes ago, Elessar78 said:

Only an idjit would've believed that. 

That's just to get the haters primed and salivating. 

"Villanova team of destiny" just doesn't have the same drawing power, even though it was probably more true than anything else in the preseason. 

Not sure what you are suggesting here, it is a fact that they were the preseason #1 in both polls.

They will probably be preseason #1 next season too with all those lottery level wing players they have coming.

10 hours ago, Renegade7 said:

Do any of ya'll believe any of the those dominant Women's UCONN teams could beat the Men's champion of the same year?  They're undefeated again.

They wouldn't beat UNC's Junior Varsity team.

They wouldn't beat any Division I, II, or III team. 

2 hours ago, BenningRoadSkin said:

Not sure what you are suggesting here, it is a fact that they were the preseason #1 in both polls.

They will probably be preseason #1 next season too with all those lottery level wing players they have coming.

Not implying that you are an idjit, certainly. Just saying that to put credence in preseason polls is meaningless.

Years ago, when you had juniors and seniors coming back and you've seen them play together, you'd seen them tournament-tested together—then a preseason #1 would've been meaningful.

What was Duke's PS#1 based on? A great recruiting class plus Grayson Allen? I've watched Duke close to 30 years and that's not a Duke team I'd bet money on to win it all. 

Again, you have to look at who is PUBLISHING these guys as #1—what's gonna move inventory?

4 minutes ago, Elessar78 said:

Not implying that you are an idjit, certainly. Just saying that to put credence in preseason polls is meaningless.

Years ago, when you had juniors and seniors coming back and you've seen them play together, you'd seen them tournament-tested together—then a preseason #1 would've been meaningful.

What was Duke's PS#1 based on? A great recruiting class plus Grayson Allen? I've watched Duke close to 30 years and that's not a Duke team I'd bet money on to win it all. 

Again, you have to look at who is PUBLISHING these guys as #1—what's gonna move inventory?

The Coaches poll had them preseason#1. It actually might be the only poll the coaches actually vote in during the year.

Just now, The Evil Genius said:

The Coaches poll had them preseason#1. It actually might be the only poll the coaches actually vote in.

Again, a lot of these coaches scouted these kids individually. They've never seen them play together. They've never seen them in the tournament together. Who is in the Final 4 this year? A bunch of experienced teams, if you ask me. Why does Loyola fly under the radar? Not every coach can watch every game.

Also, if you're not Coach K, what's the value of putting a #1 target on Duke's back? 

Archived