Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Sean McVay Tracker

Riggo-toni

We once let John Schneider walk to make room for Vinny Bugeyes, but this might be even bigger.

McVay has already surpassed Gruden in one regard - he hired the best defensive coordinator available.

While it's no surprise the Rams offense would suck under Senor 7-9, it is extremely impressive how high scoring it has become - just barely below the greatest show on turf levels. Granted, this could be a Zorn beginning, but I am not writing it off as such - especially considering how anemic our post-McVay offense has become. So, each week I will be checking scoreboards to see if his fast start is a mere fluke, or a portent of things to come.

One noticeable difference watching last night and watching the Redskins. The Rams ran the ball in the red zone. It wasn't always successful and they settled for a short FG once and passed for a 1 Yd TD on 3rd down. But Gurley ran it in twice from in close and I don't remember the Rams throwing 3 fades on 1st and goal ala Gruden. 

This is too premature.  Year 1 is all about establishing your brand of football as the Head Man.  The Rams weren't expected to do anything this season anyway (and they won't).  

Of course McVay wants to Win, but it's crucial that he infuses his vision for their Program first.  I would be more interested in how the Rams finish down the stretch - Weeks 11 thru 17.  But this year is about adjustment; for him and his team.  

Kinda hard to judge him under those circumstances.

The most impressive thing he's done so far in my eyes, is how he squashed the Aaron Donald stuff. Its rare that you see a new guy come in and be real like that, and get the best player on the team to buy in, especially as a first time HC. 

That goes a lot further than X's and O's ever will, because you see the Chip Kelly's and Josh McDaniels of the world, that want to come in and swing their dick around and bring law and order, bs that doesn't work in the 21st century unless you are Bill Bellichick, who due to the amount of jewelry he has alone, could keep anyone in line.

I think he'll be a really good coach, and unlike several other snake ass **** coaches who have recently left here (who shall remain nameless), i wish him nothing but the best. He was a quality coach and person by all accounts

I picked them to be one of the surprise teams in one of the threads around here but I had no idea Goff would  actually start looking like a real NFL QB. I just figured that with his offense and Phillips running an already good defense they'd win some games.

Now the Seahags and Cardinals are falling apart and they might just win the division if they can win 1/2 of their division games.

2 hours ago, Momma There Goes That Man said:

The Rams win is looking better and better. I really wish we could have somehow kept McVay as OC or been able to give him his first HC gig. I know it's early but he seems to have "it"

I'm just glad he's out west.  I'm also glad that Jay is running it more in his absence.

The NFL wants parity, and while there is plenty of it every season, 2017 is shaping up to be the most parity we have seen in awhile.  There just doesn't seem to be that same handful of teams that are in their own league.   The Chiefs are 3-0, maybe after tomorrow night the argument can be made that they stand alone as THE elite team so far in 2017, but otherwise there doesn't seem to be any team that is incapable of being beat every week if a few bounces don't go their way,

If someone told me three years ago that Alex Smith and Chiefs would be the best team in the league one day, I'd have laughed in his face.

If someone told me tomorrow that Alex Smith and Chiefs would be the best team in the league one day, I'll still laugh in his face.

On 10/2/2017 at 12:34 AM, NickyJ said:

If someone told me three years ago that Alex Smith and Chiefs would be the best team in the league one day, I'd have laughed in his face.

If someone told me tomorrow that Alex Smith and Chiefs would be the best team in the league one day, I'll still laugh in his face.

Agreed with the above, but more on topic - Jared Goff went from 2.82 ANY/A (that's not just awful, it's Jamarcus Russell / Ryan Leaf levels of historical suckage) to leading the NFL with a Tom Brady-like 9.39 ANY/A.  I thought McVay was making the same mistake Jay Gruden did, coming to an organization desperate to "salvage" an unprecedentedly terrible QB.  I thought it would be his downfall and that he would be out of a job shortly because of it.  Boy was I wrong.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Archived