Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Sean McVay Tracker

Riggo-toni

Well the Rams are about to play most of the good teams so we'll find out soon enough.

Even if they don't do well as long as they beat the 49ers, Az, and 1 other game they are definitely going to be in the playoffs.

The next 2 teams they play are teams that just played us too.

Also: For the Rams, this was their 4th win this season by at least 25 points. They had 3 such wins combined from 2004-16.

When is the last time the Redskins beat anybody by 25? And this is a first year coach, we're always telling ourselves that it just takes time, then several years later, same old BS.

14 hours ago, SkinsFTW said:

Ok I looked it up. The Redskins beat the Saints 47-14 mid 2015, then predictably got spanked 44-16 the following week by the Panthers.

We also beat the Bears by at least 25 points last year on Christmas Eve day. And in 2014 we destroyed the Jaguars by at least 25 points as well. I‎t seems we’ve had at least one blowout each year under Gruden. 

Bears 20 points.

In other words, the Rams had more 25+ wins when they stunk than we have. And over 4 years counting this year they probably have more than we do in a decade.

me·di·o·cre
ˌmēdēˈōkər/
adjective
  1. of only moderate quality; not very good.
    "a mediocre actor"

12 minutes ago, SkinsFTW said:

Bears 20 points.

In other words, the Rams had more 25+ wins when they stunk than we have. And over 4 years counting this year they probably have more than we do in a decade.

me·di·o·cre
ˌmēdēˈōkər/
adjective
  1. of only moderate quality; not very good.
    "a mediocre actor"

Eh. Still was a blowout though. The bears scored a garbage time TD, otherwise we win by 27. 

But since we’re counting number of wins we’ve had this past decade by 25+ points versus how many the rams have had, i counted 7 or 8 for us, and 7 for the rams (3 combined from 2004-20-6, and 4 this season so far).  I’d say that’s pretty even. 

• 1 month later...

I really wish we could have kept him man. I was really sad to see him go. Look at what he's done in year 1, turning a moribund team into a powerhouse. It also helps they have a solid defensive staff as well. McVay was really smart to grab Philips. We weren't interested, after all. 

McVay not only landed Phillips, but his ST coach John Fassel is arguably the best in the NFL.

Like Gibbs, he seems to have the best instincts about building a great staff (as opposed to say, Lobsters who pick out of work losers so they will pledge fealty...or guys who pick incompetent friends under the guise of praising their "energy.")

16 hours ago, ExoDus84 said:

I really wish we could have kept him man. I was really sad to see him go. Look at what he's done in year 1, turning a moribund team into a powerhouse. It also helps they have a solid defensive staff as well. McVay was really smart to grab Philips. We weren't interested, after all. 

agreed, McVay looks to be an ascending star. Picking up Philips was a great move.  Philips is too meh to be a head coach, but his one of the best Defensive coordinators in the league.  I think that the Rams are going to the Super Bowl.

• 8 months later...
11 hours ago, HOF44 said:

That actually doesn’t surprise me at all you would say that. :)

I mean think about it...they asked him to remember a play call he called that turned into a TD in a game late last season...is that really that impressive? I mean maybe if they didn't tell him which game it was it would be impressive, but they spoon-fed him the question. "It's against the Saints...2nd quarter...4:29 remaining until halftime...you're on the 7 yard line..." And the Skins question from the Bucs game was such a gimme that I bet 98% of the fans here would have gotten it right lol...I know I did. I knew it was the pass to Crowder instantly--how the hell do you forget a game like that or pretend like it wouldn't stick out in his mind as an incredibly memorable game? Then not only do they do the GED-level follow up question of "And how did that drive end?" lol...jeebus. Yeah, it's a miracle McVay remembered that it ended with a TD to cap off a 24-pt come-from-behind victory. Raise your hand if you would have been scratching your head over that question, or the follow up to the follow up question about the meme that resulted from that game lol...for ****'s sake, 9 year olds could have answered that. 

I found it interesting that they went back to the Skins' 2005 wildcard game against the Bucs for the next play question...and McVay didn't give any indication that he knew the play. But since Chris Simms was there he chimed in with the answer before McVay could say he didn't know. in fact, McVay guess and said "Sean Taylor?"...he was just trying to remember the big plays for the Skins in that game, he wasn't drawing from some Rainman-like memory bank of every play he's ever been a part of.  And, yes, I remembered the play when they said "3rd and two on the Washington2-yd line". Knowing it was NOT the Skins who had the ball it had to be Tampa's only TD in that game. McVay just stared down at the ground as if he didn't know. Which is no big deal to me. I love McVay as a coach and love that he's found success with the Rams. But geez, these weren't hard. If they asked him about a play in the 2nd quarter that gained 3 yards on 1st down and the drive ended with a punt, THEN I'd be impressed. But recalling TD plays or plays that lead to TDs? Recalling how the Skins finished the Bucs game in 2015? Recalling "you like that"? Come on, now lol...stop.

13 hours ago, Califan007 said:

found it interesting that they went back to the Skins' 2005 wildcard game against the Bucs for the next play question...and McVay didn't give any indication that he knew the play

I find it interesting Sean McVay was 19 in 2005.

Archived