Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

How Long Does Trump [The President] Have Left?

Diehard Otis

How Long Does He Have?  

66 members have voted

1. 1. How Long Does Donald Trump Serve as President?

• Why isn't he gone already?
    • He won't make it to the end of the year
    • He goes before Election Day 2018
    • He may not serve his full term, but he stays on for more than half
    • He serves his full four years
    • Four year? We're talkin' re-election baby! #MAGA

This poll is closed to new votes

Where do we begin? 

Regardless of whether you voted for him or not, let's agree that this President (and by extension his administration) have done things in a peculiar fashion.  And to conclude if that fashion is right or wrong depends on your political leanings.  I understand that.

That being said, we have to understand that McCain helping to sink the "skinny repeal", the unprecedented--as far as I know--lambasting of a sitting Attorney General, and the Russia thing, combined, have crossed the rubicon.  It appears that it is no longer a question of will the Trump Presidency end prematurely: rather, the question now becomes how much longer does he have in office before that eventual reality comes to pass?

I maintain that before the leaves grow back on the trees in 2018, the country will have a new president. 

What say you?  Let's discuss...

I think he manages to hold out until after the midterms just because I've seen nothing from Republicans in Congress to indicate they are going to hold him accountable, even for criminal activity.

After the midterms, if Dems take the House, it's anyone's bet. But I'd imagine there's a better chance he'll resign than get impeached. 

10 minutes ago, skinsfan_1215 said:

I think he manages to hold out until after the midterms just because I've seen nothing from Republicans in Congress to indicate they are going to hold him accountable, even for criminal activity.

After the midterms, if Dems take the House, it's anyone's bet. But I'd imagine there's a better chance he'll resign than get impeached. 

I don't think the Dems take the House, and I REALLY don't think the Dems take the Senate.  Only 9 incumbent GOP senators, I believe.  

Therefore, unless Trump does something so fantastically illegal, which is proved beyond a shadow of a doubt, he's not going anywhere until after this term. I'm not sure if he wins re-election.  A lot of that will depend on who the Dems can figure out to run against him. 

I think there is an even chance Trump resigns after the midterms.  He wont get impeached.  And the Dems wont take the House or Senate.

If he doesnt resign, I cant imagine him running for reelection.  If he did though, he'd be favored to win against alot of the potential Dem candidates.

I'm going to be cynical enough to say at minimum 3 years, but worry it's seven. I don't see the Republicans wavering despite being given umpteen legitimate reasons to. I don't really see the base budging either.

Unless, there is dramatic change of seats in the House or Senate, I don't think even obvious and country ruining Treason moves them to oust Trump.

11 minutes ago, LadySkinsFan said:

I chose that he won't serve the full term. Because he doesn't know how to serve We the People, only himself. That can't fly. 

And I confess it's wishful hoping. 

I wish, but don't believe your right. I have lost the ability to have that kind of faith in Congress or our voters.

12 minutes ago, bobandweave said:

Do people really want to see President Pence?

I've said for awhile that Pence would be far more effective at advancing the GOP agenda, which would be bad. But he'd also do a number of other things.

He'd restore, to a degree, American standing in the world. The Presidency would no longer be beholden to the Russian government and oligarchs.

Pence rather than Trump also has the potential to restore some sort of order to the political landscape here. The so called "alt right" KKK wing of the party may still have a seat at the table, but that seat won't be in the Oval Office. 

So it's a mixed bag but in the end the country clearly comes out ahead if Trump is removed and Pence takes over.

It's an interesting argument.

Pence might be better for the US in the world, but he'd be as bad or worse for Americans. I learned to really dislike Pence at the VP debates. His unblinking denials of what Trump had said was unfathomable. the new brand of politician is a different brand of liar. They lie without any spin or context to the truth whatsoever. Their lies are absolute and without conscience.

I find the Trumpian/Pencian type of liar truly disturbing. Sessions and Ryan as bad as they are... are old school liars. They at least try to find one thread of truth to tell in their weaving.

I doubt he gets impeached...used to think so but don't think the GOP has the stones to do it.  I could see him deciding "**** this" and leaving on his own after he comes to realize that people are laughing at him, that his reputation as a dealmaker is taking a hit, that running his businesses and not having to deal with layers of politics is more fun, that the job isn't fun anymore, etc....any combo of those.  I think that would happen before impeachment.

1 minute ago, Forehead said:

I doubt he gets impeached...used to think so but don't think the GOP has the stones to do it.  I could see him deciding "**** this" and leaving on his own after he comes to realize that people are laughing at him, that his reputation as a dealmaker is taking a hit, that running his businesses and not having to deal with layers of politics is more fun, that the job isn't fun anymore, etc....any combo of those.  I think that would happen before impeachment.

I agree with @Forehead.

Impeachment??? 

Doubtful.  Only because (in my view)  he'll get tired of the game & decide that it ain't worth the hassle when he could be partying in Mar-a-lago with a bird & 10 of his favorite hoes without having to answer to anyone.

Colorful enough? 

1 hour ago, TryTheBeal! said:

Kirk will be our QB longer than Trump will be in the White House.

Any takers?

I'd take the Trump side on that

Trump would have to make it past March 2018 which I think is more likely then Cousins lasting past that month. It does take time to impeach so unless he's assassinated or resigns which would worry me the most in a bet like this and don't take me please as saying murder is okay, it's absolutely horrible and I don't wish that on anyone including Trump I do think the Trump side is winnable in that bet

Part of me thinks Pence is going to be worse then Trump in some ways which is why I asked that question and why I think he was selected VP (the devil you know vs don't know angle) so people will be leery about impeachment.

Ultimately I guess me saying I'd take that bet is that I have less faith in Cousins signing here then I do something happening where Trumps removed by will or by force before March next year. I think ultimately that Trump doesn't last a full term and Kirk isn't the Redskins QB in 2018, both will happen just one has a shorter time of happening (Kirk leaves) so your on lol 

Trump seems to be that malicious and mischievous kid in the class that consistently inches toward the line and does everything he can to raise the ire of his classmates and teachers but he always manages to keep himself from crossing it. I don't know how he does it but something tells me he's done or will do something that will constitute "crossing the line" and if he does, I have to think drawing impeachment papers up will be a bipartisan affair because

1.) Democrats hate his guts and want to see him thoroughly humiliated, and

2.) Most Republicans don't like him either and would much prefer to see someone like Pence at the top spot 

Having said that, there's still a lot of smoke but not enough fire. Democrats would be smart in emphasizing the importance of the midterms to their base and get them to haul ass and win big like they did in 2006 (though that might not be too likely) because Trump may very well weasel his way past the midterms and through a full term. 

Of course, if they do impeach him, the backlash could be stark. I live in one of Trumps's strongholds and if he's kicked out of office, I'm probably gonna ask my folks in D.C. if they can put me up for awhile because it would be bananas. 

53 minutes ago, Momma There Goes That Man said:

The mid terms are a pipe dream. I don't see anything changing there either 

Yeah.  I can see the Dems taking the senate perhaps, but how many seats would they have to take in order to gain the house?  House seats would be much harder to flip, I'd bet.

So it's up to the Dems to put a stronger candidate than Hillary out there.

I submit to you:  Joe ****ing Biden

Archived