Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

How Long Does Trump [The President] Have Left?

Diehard Otis

How Long Does He Have?  

66 members have voted

1. 1. How Long Does Donald Trump Serve as President?

• Why isn't he gone already?
    • He won't make it to the end of the year
    • He goes before Election Day 2018
    • He may not serve his full term, but he stays on for more than half
    • He serves his full four years
    • Four year? We're talkin' re-election baby! #MAGA

This poll is closed to new votes

I still say 4 years. I don't know if that's me being optimistic or cynical.

The good thing is that there seem to be forces rallying against him within the GOP, military and corporate America. The bad news is that the rally may not last much beyond a news cycle.

8 hours ago, nonniey said:

You Can't Impeach Him For Being an Incompetent Jack-Ass.

There's a bumper sticker for the GOP ...

37 minutes ago, skinsmarydu said:

That's the guy that called Trump a "9-year-old with ADHD".  :ols:

He's also the guy who came up with the phrase  "truthful hyperbole" as a euphemism to describe Trump's pathological lying.

I saw a woman wearing this hat on the train last week:

C8BRnqTUwAAxCU3.jpg

I chuckled and nodded ruefully.

Just now, Diehard Otis said:

CNN's Reliable Sources is live this morning openly asking if Donald Trump is racist AND if he is fit for the office...WoW!!

It seems to me that we have entered the endgame far faster than most of us have imagined.

So they are rerunning episodes from nine months ago?

:kickcan:

Well with Bob Corker questioning his competence publicly, I wonder how many others will do the same from the republican party. Greasing the wheels for invoking the 25th amendment's clause about being able to discharge the powers and duties of the office? 

9 hours ago, Burgold said:

I'm sticking with one full term. I just don't have faith in Congress to do what's right.

Now, how long should he have been President? Zero days.

What is right?  Impeachment? Right now that would be doing what is wrong. Like I said you can't impeach someone for being an incompetent Jackass. 

14 minutes ago, Blind Tiger said:

POTUS will do fine.  He is already making a difference.  The Dems are all spun up and can't do anything about it.  Good luck the rest of the way.  

Uh oh this will rile up the mob in this forum.  As for making a difference I think he is even worse than Obama when it comes to race relations so that is a big negative. His conduct is crippling his and Congress's ability to pass a conservative agenda. The only areas he has any influence in are the same areas Obama did - the Judiciary (which admittedly is a big one), regulations and executive orders (Later two are only good until the next guy).  Essentially he is wasting the Republicans chance to get things done.

1 hour ago, Blind Tiger said:

LOL - He is starting to get his agenda going.

What would that be?

38 minutes ago, twa said:

The Republicans are wasting the chance, he is just a excuse and distraction.

This is true. It's not Trump's fault that they had literally 0 plans for healthcare reform and then slopped together some garbage legislation that was going to take away healthcare from millions and millions of citizens in order to give some really rich people a tax break.

4 hours ago, Blind Tiger said:

POTUS will do fine.  He is already making a difference.  The Dems are all spun up and can't do anything about it.  Good luck the rest of the way.  

AS a member of the so called mob, nonniey likes to call us:

WTF.

First, DJT doesn't have the mental capacity and tempermanent to even be president.  He just rode a wave, he tapped into, all the way to the presidency.  He could doesn't know much on policy or really cares.

Build a wall.  Kick out Muslims, Hispanics.  Build stuff in America and stop stuff coming from China.  Of course, the usual TAX CUTS.  Infrastructure.

The guy has no interest in details.  He doesn't check with the people who might know things and just forges head.  His 2 attempts at a limited Muslim ban show that.

It's true, the idiot GOP had 7 years to come up with a Repeal and Replace plan; but we all know those votes were for show. Once, they actually had to do something; they couldn't develop a plan that would win a passage.  A leader would've probably gotten something passed.  Trump didn't even really know what was in the bills.  His bullying the congress critters to do his bidding; sure isn't working.

After Charlottesville, his moral authority is gone.   Though did he really ever have it?

The guy can't take any critism. Everything is a slight to him and he must respond to it.  He, undermines himself, lots of the time.

A real leader would've told congress; this is what I want done and work with them to do.  Instead, he abdicated and let Paul Ryan set the agenda.  Work on stuff; you know you can probably get passed.   Surely, they could've passed some tax package by now?

Hell, he probably could've even had a bi-partisan infrastructure deal also.

Now of those things are going to happen this year and probably not next year.

Also, Bill Clinton spent the first 6 years of presidency being investigated but he managed to get things done; though the 98 impeachment year slowed him down. Trump can't even do that.

Removing Trump probably doesn't happen.  If the Dems somehow win the House in 2018; Trump will be impeached by Presidents's Day 2019.  He will not be removed from office though because the Dems aren't winning the Senate. Even if they did win the Senate, there wouldn't be enough Republicans to get the 2/3 majority you need for removal.    Best bet, he just decides to give it up before then. Hell, I'd even accept him pardoning himself; if he just leaves.  2020 isn't a sure thing either.  The Dems aren't united. The base is pro-Sanders/Warren and that type of candidate would get crushed in the Fall of 2020.

Archived