Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

2017 - 18 Stanley Cup Champion Washington Capitals Thread

ixcuincle

10 hours ago, Hersh said:

BTW, Where is Burakovsky? He just disappears for such long stretches. I thought he would get back on track this year and work his way to being a 20 goal per year guy.  

Really thought he'd have a breakout year. I was gonna ask the other night "Is Vrana supposed to be better then Burt, already"? Still have hope for the kid, but starting to wonder. He's got enough size to make a contribution when the scoring isn't happening, but he doesn't play very strong.

Similar to Mojo being the same size as Backstrom but rarely, if ever, putting a check on someone to continue a possession, etc.. Always thought Osie was a good example of how to contribute, even if slumping on the scorecard. That kind of tenacity is hard to come by I guess.

I hate to sound like a broken record but I said all along that you all were freaking out about nothing. "This team looked so bad in the first month, they're going to miss the playoffs, they're mediocre." Look at them now, top of the Metro. And that might not last long, but they're still in the mix. Don't act like this team isn't good. Come playoff time, it's a whole different kind of hockey, but what's important is simply making the playoffs at this point and if this team keeps up their strong play they will surely make the playoffs. Then it's only a matter of getting lucky and coming out hard. 

You've got your tippy toes right up to the jinx line bro.. Please take a step back!! :P  I'll admit, they look a lot better since we last broached the subject! Trotz made some good line changes, the young guys are doing well when they get a chance, Holtby has been a beast.. <---- Long ways to go though! Don't forget there's still a deadline to pass and GMBM could (and probably will) do something stupid to retard the chemistry. They are the Caps after all.

This team might be better off making the playoffs as a lower seed and not having any expectations. Its kinda like how Peyton Manning and the Colts never did well in the playoffs when they had home field or 1st round byes, but the year they won it all they were like the #4 seed in the AFC.

3 hours ago, ixcuincle said:

I hate to sound like a broken record but I said all along that you all were freaking out about nothing. "This team looked so bad in the first month, they're going to miss the playoffs, they're mediocre." Look at them now, top of the Metro. And that might not last long, but they're still in the mix. Don't act like this team isn't good. Come playoff time, it's a whole different kind of hockey, but what's important is simply making the playoffs at this point and if this team keeps up their strong play they will surely make the playoffs. Then it's only a matter of getting lucky and coming out hard. 

You're always Mr. Glass Half-Full....LOL

There were PLENTY of red-flags to start the year, and I, for one, take NOTHING back.  Even with their success as of late, I still don't believe in Trotz, nor do I think he's the guy who has the ability to get this team to the SCF. 

*Not sold on Bowey at all...for someone so highly touted, he's been the shakiest of all the rookies getting regular minutes.  Hopefully he's just keeping the seat warm for Connor Hobbs. 

2 hours ago, Warhead36 said:

This team might be better off making the playoffs as a lower seed and not having any expectations. Its kinda like how Peyton Manning and the Colts never did well in the playoffs when they had home field or 1st round byes, but the year they won it all they were like the #4 seed in the AFC.

Yeah, they probably won't have to face the 2nd seed team in the 2nd round if they come in as a lower seed.

3 hours ago, RonArtest15 said:

There were PLENTY of red-flags to start the year, and I, for one, take NOTHING back.  Even with their success as of late, I still don't believe in Trotz, nor do I think he's the guy who has the ability to get this team to the SCF. 

*Not sold on Bowey at all...for someone so highly touted, he's been the shakiest of all the rookies getting regular minutes.  Hopefully he's just keeping the seat warm for Connor Hobbs. 

Who is Connor Hobbs? 

Agreed about MadBow, but he’s been better. I feel like at times he plays with no confidence out there. Djoos is definitely the better of the two so far.

5 hours ago, RonArtest15 said:

Looking back all your doom and gloom was completely inaccurate. They only thing you got right is I'm half full. Because a real fan out there hustlin at the game with the team man always gotta believe because so many other teams threw that choker label off. Sports is like that.

12 hours ago, Hersh said:

Who is Connor Hobbs? 

Agreed about MadBow, but he’s been better. I feel like at times he plays with no confidence out there. Djoos is definitely the better of the two so far.

He was their fifth round pick 2 seasons ago....dude is an absolute monster.  He REALLY impressed during training camp, and I think he'll be pushing for a spot with the Caps next season.  He's got a booming shot, mobility, and plays with a crazy edge.  Like a watered down version of Dion Phaneuf.  He's in Hershey now, but has been out for the past few weeks with a broken wrist.  I think he should be back by January. 

10 hours ago, ixcuincle said:

Looking back all your doom and gloom was completely inaccurate. They only thing you got right is I'm half full. Because a real fan out there hustlin at the game with the team man always gotta believe because so many other teams threw that choker label off. Sports is like that.

Like there wasn't reason for it?  LOL.  Trotz is being FORCED to do the things he is because of how cash-strapped the Caps are.  Even with him being handcuffed, he still made some baffling decisions that had little-to-no logic behind them.  Shoot, he still does these things and you can see it when he puts someone like Alex Chaisson out as the extra attacker when the game is in it's final moments.  As I said before, I take back NOTHING I said and I still remain that Trotz will not be the coach to take this team to the next level. 

And please....get over yourself with that "real fan" crap. 

9 minutes ago, GoDeep81 said:

I was gonna be cool with 1 after playing catchup most of the game.. That's the Burt we like to see!! Who should we call out next? lol

Should have called him out earlier. 

Ya know, Lars Eller has one goal since the November 4th and none in December. I don’t know what to make of him. ?

11 minutes ago, GoDeep81 said:

Saw that.. Too bad he has to clear waivers every time he goes up/down.. Looks like he scores a goal every time, in his 1st game up, but then goes cold. lol

He only has to clear waivers once, I do believe.  Just hasn't managed to do so yet.  Or maybe he did this time and that's how we got him?  It's a bit confusing to me exactly how waivers works when it comes to trying to send someone down that was claimed by another team and subsequently waived.

Archived