Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

2017 - 18 Stanley Cup Champion Washington Capitals Thread

ixcuincle

1 minute ago, Springfield said:

They scored 2 PP goals.  Caps mostly better on 5 on 5 save for a couple shifts.

Gotta disagree.   Tampa looks like the better team 5 on 5 too.  Exact opposite of first two games.  Tampa wants it more tonight and Caps came expecting it to be easy.  

Refs aren’t helping either 

Just now, Idaho fan said:

Gotta disagree.   Tampa looks like the better team 5 on 5 too.  Exact opposite of first two games.  Tampa wants it more tonight and Caps came expecting it to be easy.  

Refs aren’t helping either 

Nah, we aren’t getting laughed out of the building like the Bolts were.  They are 2 PP goals away from a 1 goal lead.

Nothing to worry about.

For the hardcore hockey peeps out there, should we be concerned that our goalie gets near posted in 2 straight games now?

I'm not an expert on hockey but I played a lot of soccer in my life and if a keeper gets near posted he's not staying in the game, it's not something you typically see at the professional level, maybe hockey is different.

Just curious what others think?

3 minutes ago, JSSkinz said:

For the hardcore hockey peeps out there, should we be concerned that our goalie gets near posted in 2 straight games now?

I'm not an expert on hockey but I played a lot of soccer in my life and if a keeper gets near posted he's not staying in the game, it's not something you typically see at the professional level, maybe hockey is different.

No, don't think it matters.  I don't know much about soccer strategy but I suspect this might be because you should have players covering the far post, where as in hockey, goalie has to cover entire net.

9 minutes ago, JSSkinz said:

I’d defer to the resident goalie but I’m not concerned about the PK goals allowed.  They’ve got a killer PK.

Archived