Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

2017 - 18 Stanley Cup Champion Washington Capitals Thread

ixcuincle

1 minute ago, Hersh said:

In about 2 weeks when this thread goes back to you, me, @Springfield, @Popeman38, @ixcuincle, @pjfootballer, @PokerPacker, @c slag and a few others, it’s gonna be kinda cool as we will literally have nothing to complain about this off-season. Cheers to you as well. I’m so happy. I’m pretty sure we’ve all gotten into and it’s what makes this thread awesome over ALL the years

I know I, for one, am probably annoying to the hardcore Caps fans and puckheads here who talk about this 24/7. Thanks to all of you for tolerating me coming in here and mucking things up a little. I couldn't stop once I started. It was working.

Just now, SoulSkin said:

I know I, for one, am probably annoying to the hardcore Caps fans and puckheads here who talk about this 24/7. Thanks to all of you for tolerating me coming in here and mucking things up a little. I couldn't stop once I started. It was working.

It's not that at all. It's been cool having everyone in here during this playoff run. There are just about a 10-12 regulars over all these years that have been in here in the middle of December or after every signing, trade, etc. I love that the city has embraced this run. 

5 minutes ago, Springfield said:

It’s been a long run for us.  Threads upon threads upon threads.  The ups, the downs.  Frankly, I’m still in shock that I will wake up tomorrow and more NHL hockey won’t be played.  This is the end of the road.

And we are on top.

Thats the incredible part.  I vaguely remember 92.  It didn’t have an impact on me like this.  This has been years of talking with people who I don’t know... but I know all so well.  For all the people in this thread who have been around.  Thick and thin.  It’s something I can’t quite describe.

My only concern now is where I can buy merch at first thing tomorrow morning.

I was fully prepared to go to game 6, including airfare, so I have a budget free to use on merchandise. I'm going to buy a ton of stuff over the next few weeks. 

It really is so cool. The threads over the years. We earned this as diehard fans. 

23 minutes ago, TK said:

****!  Can't find the right pic of him to mock it up....

Go to NHL.com and under their shop they have a frame they are selling since he made that save. The picture looks pretty good. You might have to purchase the frame first though...lol

12 minutes ago, Redskin4ever said:

Just looked at the box score since I've been enjoying this so much. 

11 players with 1 point. No one with 2 points. 11 of the 20 players had a point in this game. That is a team win. It's what they have been doing all year and all playoffs, but WOW. In the game to win the Cup you see it in the box score. 

https://www.nhl.com/gamecenter/wsh-vs-vgk/2018/06/07/2017030415#game=2017030415,game_state=final,game_tab=stats

Ok, yeah I'm quoting myself, but I can't geek out enough over this. The Caps got goals from all 4 lines. Yes, one was a power play, but the goals were from a member of all 4 lines.

Ovehckin - Top Line

Vrana - Line 2

Eller - Line 3

Smith-Pelly - Line 4

Yeah, they gave up 3 goals, albeit a deflection off a Caps skate, what could have been interference, and then a scramble PP goal with a wide open net, but offensively this is about as perfect as it gets. 

I don’t post here much, but just wanted to let y’all know that I, my brother, father, and mother were 4 of the ~9,000 that saw the very first Caps game. I never thought I’d live to see this day. I’m crazy ecstatic, happy, drunk, ( add your own adjective). Happy I got to watch it with a friend here, in Charlotte NC, who grew up about 8 blocks from me in Arlington, and with you guys and gals. Love y’all!

2 minutes ago, skinfan2k said:

just got home from being in downtown.  What an amazing site down there.  But holy **** people are rude.  People were getting trampled near the  Arena 

Ugh exactly why I didn't go down there. 

2 minutes ago, spjunkies said:

Ugh exactly why I didn't go down there. 

I mean there were alot of people literally pushing people like they had to go somewhere.  It was insane.  The police did a terrible job by blocking the streets after teh game.  

Archived