Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Bruce Allen, Scot McCloughlan, Jay Gruden, and all that stuff like that there

10 minutes ago, DJHJR86 said:

Interesting theory.  But all I keep hearing from Mike Jones is that Scot was in Kirk's corner all along.  

If you listened to Mike Jone's interview with Sheehan he also said that Scot felt that Kirk had a lower ceiling than Gruden did. 

3 minutes ago, Skinsinparadise said:

Mike Jones said days ago that he expects Kirk to sign the franchise tag but his agent just wanted to review the dynamics of an exclusive tag first, Laconfora said this afternoon Kirk would sign the tag.  All before Scot was fired.  Mike Jones has flat out stated multiple times now that his sources tell him Bruce/Danny didn't want to sign Kirk to a LTC in 2016 and alluded in one of his articles that Bruce is still unsure.  In an article he posted a few hours ago he said Kirk doesn't feel wanted by Bruce and Danny and its part of the reason why he's ok with leaving.

So yeah maybe Jones is wrong.  But if Scot has been the obstacle then Bruce and Dan are off to a slow start -- they've had almost 2 weeks to work something out sans Scot and the rumors about Kirk been unhappy and wanting to leave have intensified as opposed to cooled. 

As for Jay, one beat reporter said at the combine that Jay refused to give them any info about what's up with Scot and Jay told him he really likes Scot.  

Having said all that, do I think Danny and Bruce just needed to get Scot out of the way to get a deal done with Kirk -- not at all.  But do I think the PR blowup might add some urgency to get a deal done with Kirk, yes.  Oddly the only upside I see from all the crap going on is I think it puts the FO's feet to the fire to get a Kirk deal done.

In fairness. Kirk is giving up a decent chuck of his leverage by signing the tag so early. I think there may be some validity to the fact it is announced the same time Scot is fired.

9 minutes ago, SlinginSammy HOF '63 said:

If true, this is disgusting. Maybe he sues Dannyboy for millions

Again, it's interesting that the overwhelming majority of the "if this is true, then..." posts are used on articles painting Allen in a negative light. When it's an article or tweet painting Scot in a negative light, very few people say "If this is true, then..."....Instead we get a lot of "That's bull****!!" posts lol (and not including you in any of this, by the way...just using your post as a jumping-off point).

6 minutes ago, clskinsfan said:

In fairness. Kirk is giving up a decent chuck of his leverage by signing the tag so early. I think there may be some validity to the fact it is announced the same time Scot is fired.

Or maybe he knows Terrelle Pryor is getting signed lol...

5 minutes ago, ThomasRoane said:

If you listened to Mike Jone's interview with Sheehan he also said that Scot felt that Kirk had a lower ceiling than Gruden did. 

considering john gruden was part of the coupe to place bruce allen as gm for the bucs I would believe Jay is with Bruce.

I just hope GMSM has trained these scouts the last  years to evaluate the proper talent honestly.  and we wont know for about 2-3 years.  It just sucks having to defend my team another years to these jint and iggle fans I see (not many cowboy fans in ny now)

8 minutes ago, ThomasRoane said:

Early on, Cooley was adamant that Scot was behind the leaks in the media that the Skins weren't quite sold on Cousins and that maybe Cot McCoy could do just as well...Sheehan joined him in that assessment as well (partially because it was Brewer who was first pumping that narrative into the public). I thought it was nonsense then and still think so now, but it kinda ties in to what you just said there and what a few others have been saying.

1 minute ago, Califan007 said:

Again, it's interesting that the overwhelming majority of the "if this is true, then..." posts are used on articles painting Allen in a negative light. When it's an article or tweet painting Scot in a negative light, very few people say "If this is true, then..."....Instead we get a lot of "That's bull****!!" posts lol (and not including you in any of this, by the way...just using your post as a jumping-off point).

I understand totally. If Scot has an alcohol issue, instead of just firing him, give him the option of going on leave and getting treatment or be dismissed. Had they offered this to him then I rescend my comment, but this just stinks os a power struggle and they found their parachute to push him out. My problem is we all know Snyder is incompetent at personel and he also can't resist being in the middle of it. Bruce is just Vinny lite.

The Washington football team is very amusing to me. Just when they seem to be climbing out of the shell of mediocrity, they remember who they are and all is right with the word.

My team has not won a championship since 1960, yet I still would not trade places with a Washington fan. I imagine those of you old enough to remember past glory feel the embarrassment most acutely.

Hail???

17 minutes ago, ShredSkins said:

So Scot gets fired and within the hour its reported that Cousins will sign the tag soon. Also Gruden got extended after Scot left or got sent home or whatever.

I'll take it one step further. This morning we hear Cousins asked for a trade, and that the team asked him to take a few days to "cool down" and later Kirk says he just wants traded if a LTD deal cant be made.

My theory would be Scot showed up drunk to a meeting to discuss the LTD, or something like that. Cousins or his agent get pissed. Team has to tag Cousins and confronts Scot about it. Scot blows up and leaves. Cousins and his agent want no part of dealing with Scot.

And here we are today. Cousins tells Bruce he wants a trade, Bruce says wait give us a couple days we will take care of that "issue" and we will talk again.

Just what I think might be going on anyways.

That is an awful lot of detail for a guess.  And the abrupt change for Kirk to sign the LTD is an interesting coincidence.  (Even though JLC reported Kirk would sign earlier then we could easily assume that Kirk and his camp were told that SM would be fired today).  You've only had a few posts and just joined last August.  Would you be related to Andyman? :)  

This scenario would also explain how things fell apart so quickly.  SM was running draft meetings just a few weeks ago according to other sources.  Then he is mysteriously absent.  Then SM gives a cover story about family matters and the team backs his report.  Rumors start to fly from both camps and we end up with a firing today.  Strange happenings indeed. 

1 minute ago, ANONYMOUS SOURCE. said:

Yep, optics would say Scot was the obstacle. 

"optics" would say that the speculation and trade demands also came at a time where Scot was no longer with the team,  which reads to me like it's Allen and Snyders responsibility.  

Whatever the case,  Captain Harvest fest isn't going to give us any answers.  Let's hope the truth comes out.  

2 minutes ago, clskinsfan said:

Yeah people can speculate of course.  Mike Jones is talking to multiple people at Redskins park who have said otherwise.   But if Danny and Bruce are now the white hat/good guys and Kirk is loving the whole Scot getting canned and celebrated it the minute it happened by signing his tag -- and perhaps he is at Redskins Park and signing his LTC as we speak, cool, I'll be as happy as anyone.  :ols:    Again if Mike Jones is wrong, Bruce/Danny has had plenty of time to prove him wrong.  But yeah if boy scout/clean image Kirk now has a vindictive streak cooking to him and says dudes just fire Scot and then you got me -- OK, will see.  Everything eventually seems to come out in the wash about the team, I'll look forward to reading that article.    At this point, I don't care how they do it but resign Kirk.

6 minutes ago, SlinginSammy HOF '63 said:

I understand totally. If Scot has an alcohol issue, instead of just firing him, give him the option of going on leave and getting treatment or be dismissed. Had they offered this to him then I rescend my comment, but this just stinks os a power struggle and they found their parachute to push him out. My problem is we all know Snyder is incompetent at personel and he also can't resist being in the middle of it. Bruce is just Vinny lite.

Yeah, like I said and just want to re-clarify, I didn't post what I posted due to any reaction to your views...in case anyone else might think I did lol...I completely understand the skepticism on both sides, especially against the Snyder and the Redskins.

1 minute ago, munk said:

The Washington football team is very amusing to me. Just when they seem to be climbing out of the shell of mediocrity, they remember who they are and all is right with the word.

My team has not won a championship since 1960, yet I still would not trade places with a Washington fan. I imagine those of you old enough to remember past glory feel the embarrassment most acutely.

Hail???

You'd be wrong....in my case.

3 minutes ago, Califan007 said:

Early on, Cooley was adamant that Scot was behind the leaks in the media that the Skins weren't quite sold on Cousins and that maybe Cot McCoy could do just as well...Sheehan joined him in that assessment as well (partially because it was Brewer who was first pumping that narrative into the public). I thought it was nonsense then and still think so now, but it kinda ties in to what you just said there and what a few others have been saying.

Sheehan asked Mike Jones about this today, and Jones said that a ton of leaks attributed as rumored to be coming from Scot were not true.  That was another part of the rift.  Allen believed the leaks were coming from Scot, but they weren't.  

1 minute ago, munk said:

Hail???

Go **** yourself.  

Just now, SlinginSammy HOF '63 said:

Agreed the timing seems suspect.  If the guy is falling of the rails (like some pics on here would suggest)  why let him start the process of evaluating players in january?  

If you owned a company and a guy was drunk at work, would you wait 2-3 months to fire him?

6 minutes ago, DJHJR86 said:

Sheehan asked Mike Jones about this today, and Jones said that a ton of leaks attributed as rumored to be coming from Scot were not true.  That was another part of the rift.  Allen believed the leaks were coming from Scot, but they weren't.  

So this is all Cooley's fault lol...DAMN YOU, CHRIS!!

1 minute ago, Burger35 said:

Agreed the timing seems suspect.  If the guy is falling of the rails (like some pics on here would suggest)  why let him start the process of evaluating players in january?  

If you owned a company and a guy was drunk at work, would you wait 2-3 months to fire him?

Cause you liked him and needed him and when he wasn't drunk he was great and he kept telling you what you wanted to hear.  I could keep going...

3 minutes ago, ThomasRoane said:

That is an awful lot of detail for a guess.  And the abrupt change for Kirk to sign the LTD is an interesting coincidence.  (Even though JLC reported Kirk would sign earlier then we could easily assume that Kirk and his camp were told that SM would be fired today).  You've only had a few posts and just joined last August.  Would you be related to Andyman? :)  

This scenario would also explain how things fell apart so quickly.  SM was running draft meetings just a few weeks ago according to other sources.  Then he is mysteriously absent.  Then SM gives a cover story about family matters and the team backs his report.  Rumors start to fly from both camps and we end up with a firing today.  Strange happenings indeed. 

also reports of an argument between GMSM and Allen during this time your not bringing up

5 minutes ago, munk said:

Hail???

Look at this poor soul.

Archived