Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Favorite songs from the 90s

ThePackisback

13 hours ago, Gibbs Hog Heaven said:

This is a no brainer. 

Wonderwall from Oasis seminal, generation defining 1995 second album 'What's the Story Morning Glory?' (Is there ONE bad song on that album?). 

One of the most perfect songs ever written. 

Beautiful song.

My wife and I used the Ryan Adams cover of this song as our first dance at our wedding.

On 1/25/2017 at 5:17 PM, Bonez3 said:

A biographical stream for me...

Starts with Nirvana, Pearl Jam with GNR fading away. A lot of rock in the early 90's Red Hot Chili Peppers, Soundgarden, STP, Tool, Alice in Chains. By the early-mid 90's more alt/rap/rock with Weezer, Beastie Boys, Beck, Bush, Pavement, Pumpkins and Rage. Rap and punk dominated the mid and late 90's with Biggie, Wu-Tang and individual artists, NOFX, Rancid, Kid Rock. Finally the 90's ended and music pretty much ended with it with the pop culture and boy bands. 

The 90's were great

Oh good god this reads like me. Minus Weezer, I realize they're good they just werent for me. Also minus bush, they're terrible.

Add:

Less than Jake, green day, early Dave Matthew's band was awesome I remember it being on dc 101, garbage had a special place not great but it was cool and they had solid songs

Oh sublime. How did I forget them... And Foo fighters started in the 90's

90's was pretty good as far I am concerned...

I didn't appreciate 90's music as much as I should have while it was happening, probably because my father played so much 60's music and that was what was played in the car.  But I did amass a pretty serious collection of tapes and CD's.

I was a big Gin Blossoms fan as well, their first album is ridiculous.  I didn't mind the one that dropped in 95 or 96 either, but it wasn't nearly as good.  I'm just zipping through my ITunes right now, but in alphabetical order, several bands I have a lot of:  Alice in Chains, Better than Ezra, Bush, Cranberries, Dave Matthews, Everclear, Gin Blossoms, Goo Goo Dolls, Green Day....this could go on for awhile.

Oddly enough, the song that most defines the 90's for me was written in 1988.  When I think back to my teenage years, the most comforting memories are the ones where my friends and I were just hanging out with each other in someone's basement, happy to shoot the **** about teenager things, girls, high school, and MTV constantly playing in the background.  And the song and music video that most sticks out in my head from that time was this one.  Definitely in my top 5 all time from any time period.

On January 26, 2017 at 9:34 PM, tshile said:

Oh good god this reads like me. Minus Weezer, I realize they're good they just werent for me. Also minus bush, they're terrible.

Add:

Less than Jake, green day, early Dave Matthew's band was awesome I remember it being on dc 101, garbage had a special place not great but it was cool and they had solid songs

Oh sublime. How did I forget them... And Foo fighters started in the 90's

90's was pretty good as far I am concerned...

I drove to work the other day and was thinking 'how in the hell did I forget Sublime'. 

To be honest, I only liked a few Bush songs, but great guitar IMO

I loved their first three albums. Good stuff.

Good news! Just read this will be remastered and re-released. A great album, and a great Pearl Jam song on it.

And of course, the band everyone loves to hate.. but are great.

this song is about trying to exist in the middle of a civil war... the "troubles"..

Oh, and one more to be filthy.

~Yowza

1 minute ago, Kosher Ham said:

When looking though this thread...90 percent of it is completely forgettable in those genres.

Then I realize how many of you didn't go beyond your range.

Sorry that you ended up with limitations. 

Hilarious.  This dude listens to Five Finger Death Punch!

Completely agree with @Gibbs Hog Heaven about Oasis. aside from the greatness of their first two albums, Rock and Roll is always better for a couple of pill popping English pissheads throwing **** off of hotel balconies and getting in bar fights. And I mean that.
I love the power of this tune.

And of course, with Oasis, you must have Blur.
But Blur is hard because they ran through a lot of different sounds.. this song is great, I love it.., but it is not really typical of a lot of their other great stuff.

Radiohead is hot and cold for me. That which is good is VERY good. that which is not is dreck.

And i always liked this one

~Bang

Archived