Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The 2017 FA Thread - OP Updated with Signings (Sundberg, Galette, VD, Hood re-signed) *** Terrell McClain, Stacy McGee, DJ Swearinger, Terrelle Pryor, Chris Carter, Brian Quick, ZACH BROWN(!!)***

DC9

21 minutes ago, clskinsfan said:

Yep. Doesnt say he wasnt already playing with a great QB. Just that it was something he was looking for in FA. But we all know that is garbage just trying to make Winston feel good. DJax was looking for his final big payday. Nothing more.

He also might be referring to Colt McCoy as the contrast to Winston.  If so he's on the money big time.

2 minutes ago, HTTRDynasty said:

With our reported interest in Lawrence Guy, I feel pretty good about our chances of landing one of Logan, Poe, or Hankins.  I'm just relieved they don't think they've already done enough there in FA.

But I think he was one of the first that we heard rumors about. So before the other DL signings. Not sure that this alone gives us any indication.

10 minutes ago, Panninho said:

But I think he was one of the first that we heard rumors about. So before the other DL signings. Not sure that this alone gives us any indication.

Well, when you pair it with our interest in Logan, I think it gives a good indication they believe there is still more work to do on the DL before the draft.

31 minutes ago, DM72 said:

Garcon has visibly shown his frustration with Kirk on the field. I didn't see any of that from DJax.

You must not have went to any games. Saw him get pouty and have tantrums on the sidelines off camera plenty. Also have seen him throw his hands up plenty on camera or shake his head after poorly thrown balls.

8 minutes ago, Rattlesnake88 said:

You must not have went to any games. Saw him get pouty and have tantrums on the sidelines off camera plenty. Also have seen him throw his hands up plenty on camera or shake his head after poorly thrown balls.

I can only comment from I've seen on TV. I'm sure they all get pissed from time to time, but I have seen Garçon get visibly pissed on numerous occasions at Kirk.

Starting to think, barring one of the top guys falling, that Swearinger is actually a guy they're pretty high on to play FS. Might have to really look into how he did with the Cardinals, they had a much stronger D around him than we would have so his responsibilities were probably more limited...did he only play FS after Honey Badger went down? 

1 minute ago, skins2victory said:

Disappointed to see Logan hasn't put ink to the paper yet.  If we could get him signed, and Kirk on a LTD I could sleep peacefully at night once again. 

Me, too.  My biggest skepticism on the Bruce-Scot stuff centers on Kirk -- lot of smoke that Bruce is the guy in the building who doesn't want to do the fair market long term deal.   Prove it wrong Bruceie -- sign Kirk. 

But yeah agree sign Logan and sign Kirk, you got yourself a roster.   If Colt's the QB, I don't think it matters how many more guys they sign in FA -- see NY Jets, LA Rams.

2 minutes ago, ConnSKINS26 said:

Starting to think, barring one of the top guys falling, that Swearinger is actually a guy they're pretty high on to play FS. Might have to really look into how he did with the Cardinals, they had a much stronger D around him than we would have so his responsibilities were probably more limited...did he only play FS after Honey Badger went down? 

One draft scouting report 

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/1612095-dj-swearinger-scouting-report-nfl-outlook-for-south-carolina-s

System

South Carolina operates out of a 4-2-5 base defense. Swearinger primarily played free safety for the Game****s, though he occupied a wide variety of roles in his four years. He was often counted on in man coverage this past season, matching up outside, against slot receivers and in-line tight ends. Typically, it was his responsibility to patrol the deep part of the field. Also a duty of his one-deep free safety role, he was counted on to fill the box and stop the run.

Playing the Ball

Though he had only six interceptions in his college career, Swearinger flashes good ball skills when passes are thrown in his vicinity. He attacks the ball in the air and appears to catch naturally. Body control and leaping ability help him to out-duel receivers as he fights to break up passes.

Against the Run

A feared hitter capable of packing a punch, Swearinger is an effective run defender that can be an intimidating presence in the box. He displays good instincts, reacting quickly and flowing to the ball. Typically relentless in pursuit, he plays the run with impressive range. He shows the ability to maneuver around blockers, working himself into position to make the play.

7 minutes ago, ConnSKINS26 said:

Mark Bullock has a pretty good video breakdown here -- https://twitter.com/i/moments/840017040559734784

He did everything -- single high, in the box, cover 2. ... I think we can probably stop thinking about "FS" and "SS" but more, just, "safety." No doubt he was brought in to start

22 minutes ago, Rattlesnake88 said:

Yeah both of them would do it at times. Djax would be away from the whole team on the sidelines when kirk missed him. Id rather have the reciever arguing snd talking to the wb then pouting like a child. Both him and Garcon seed like they were hanging kirk out to dry at times. 

Archived