Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The 2017 FA Thread - OP Updated with Signings (Sundberg, Galette, VD, Hood re-signed) *** Terrell McClain, Stacy McGee, DJ Swearinger, Terrelle Pryor, Chris Carter, Brian Quick, ZACH BROWN(!!)***

DC9

1 minute ago, Califan007 said:

Considering his past and the fact that Snyder grilled him intensely about his past bouts with alcoholism during the interview, would it surprise anyone if McCloughan had clauses in his contract that greatly restricted his use of alcohol while on the job (or at least on the premises)?

And they waited 18 months to fire him for it?

I hope I am wrong but some of these signings remind me of Reyes and some of the other dead beats we have signed over the past couple years.

Bruce Allen is not a good personnel guy.

7 minutes ago, HTTRDynasty said:

It might have taken him 18 months to get so wasted that they had to do this...

If I worked for SnyderAllen I'd drink too.  A lot.

28 minutes ago, DC9 said:

There you go TSO!

You got us a hard hitting safety and another tackle!

I'd LOOOOOVE Pryor.  That would be a big time signing.

Me to. Having Pryor, Doctson and Crowder would give us a young and exciting group. Add in Reed as well and that's a very good group when we go with an 11 personnel grouping.

Just now, illone said:

I hope I am wrong but some of these signings remind me of Reyes and some of the other dead beats we have signed over the past couple years.

Bruce Allen is not a good personnel guy.

If the signings and draft picks succeed they were Bruce picks...if they don't then they were from Scot's charts. 

So transparent and easy to predict. 

12 minutes ago, HTTRDynasty said:

How long should they have waited? Zero tolerance and the first drink, you're outta here?

What if they wanted to try and help him first?

It's been reported that Allen and Snyder had been considering who would replace Scot for awhile now, so obviously firing him was at the very least in their plans. Was there a possible benefit to waiting until after the year? Were there stretches where it looked like the drinking was back under control and firing him wouldn't be necessary? All valid possibilities. And I honestly don't see any strategic value to firing him now, so it could just be that things came to a head when they did...that firing was more a "last resort" than an "I'll show you!" move.

Just now, RedskinsSerbia said:

Can we all stop for a second and pay attention to the fact that we signed a GUY named Stacy? Who names his boy Stacy? "Hey, let's name him Stacy, he might grow up, get a sex change and get a job at Hooters"

I HAD A PONY

4 minutes ago, RedskinsSerbia said:

Can we all stop for a second and pay attention to the fact that we signed a GUY named Stacy? Who names his boy Stacy? "Hey, let's name him Stacy, he might grow up, get a sex change and get a job at Hooters"

Named after Stacey Augmon from those great UNLV teams? Or Stacey King from those Bull Championship teams?

2 minutes ago, Califan007 said:

How long should they have waited? Zero tolerance and the first drink, you're outta here?

What if they wanted to try and help him first?

It's been reported that Allen and Snyder had been considering who would replace Scot for awhile now, so obviously firing him was at the very least in their plans. Was there a possible benefit to waiting until after the year? Were there stretches where it looked like the drinking was back under control and firing him wouldn't be necessary? All valid possibilities. And I honestly don't see any strategic value to firing him now, so it could just be that things came to a head when they did...that firing was more a "last resort" than an "I'll show you!" move.

Yes, let's wait 18 months to make a move while we have a reckless drunk cavorting around the building, wasting our valuable draft picks and misidentifying key free agents.

Makes perfect sense.

Skins need to get Pryor. 

Baker was allowed to leave for an upgrade tandem that looks decent with upside.

Safety acquisition was solid with the versatility in both DJ and Cravens.

KC will be going to the 49'ers next year and he's not signing a LTD obviously...they screwed it up and now are going to have to find a franchise QB.  Might as well trade him this year and get set on picks for next year...or else they won't get anything. 

Just now, Califan007 said:

Skins may end up with Pryor, but it won't be tonight. Zero signs point towards that happening...plus he said he's not gonna rush any decision and has several other teams to meet with.

When did he say any of that? Two reports have already said they don't expect him to leave without a deal in place. 

Wow.. actual football talk....  Look around at the local reporters for the radio, tv and print outlets, and free agency is just a byline.. Let's be fair here, they don't care about this team, they want clicks, drama for listeners, and sold newspapers..   Winning doesn't quite pay the bills like drama.. just look at TMZ Sports.

Positional breakdowns, needs, wants and prospects are the way to go..

I'll miss those who we've lost but let's be honest there was a ton of money thrown out and not such young bodies being let go.

3 minutes ago, SlkyCaramel said:

When did he say any of that? Two reports have already said they don't expect him to leave without a deal in place. 

I saw one report that said Pryor is taking his time.  Vikings and another team in the mix.  Also said the Browns made a push earlier today but Pryor still looking for more $.  Also suggested he would give the Browns first right of refusal.  

Archived