Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The reasons we won 4 straight...

timdaley73

Switching mind from DFS to this question. Its a number of things to me

Part of me says the reason we turned it around after 2 losses is who we played. The four teams we have beaten have a combined 9 wins 14 Losses between them. We have beaten one winning team, those filthy Eagles so far. The teams that beat us are a combined 9 wins with 3 losses.

Part of me says the reason we turned it around after those 2 losses is the coaching staff understanding we simply could not continue to put everything on the QB and since have gotten the running game going. In our two losses combined we only rushed the football 29 times. Since then we have only rushed the ball in a single game less then that one time (26 attempts) and are averaging in those four wins rushing the football 37.5 times per game. Your not going to win when you rush the football only 29 times in two games I don't care who you are.

Part of me says it was early season team desperation. Going into that week 3 game in NY everyone knew the season was likely over if we started 0-3 with the schedule coming up. So we played like it and won an improbable away game. That started the momentum for us we are currently on now. That carried through to the Browns game then carried into the Ravens away game and we won yet another improbable away game and that belief in ourselves led us to beat down the Eagles yesterday. We might not be 4-2 now if we didn't get desperate really early in the season

So its a bunch of things, but those losses still burn me. I still think had Cousins just not thrown that stupid INT against those Cowturds in the 4th quarter and we had gone up 10 points on them they wouldn't have won that game. Also I think if Joe Berry wasn't so stupid to start the season not making Norman a cover shadow corner that we would have shut down Dez Bryant that game and won as well. We should be 5-1 now. They got lucky

5 minutes ago, SkinsPassion4Life said:

Speaking of 4 straight;  when was the last time we won 4 straight against an NFC East team?

Between 1998-2000 we beat the Giants 4 times in a row, this was the most recent time we did that before yesterday

The last time we won 4 straight over the Eagles before yesterday was back in 1987

We have never won 4 straight over the Dallas Cowboys (need to fix that)

I'ma tell you right now why we won 4 straight, depth.

Something the Eagles lacked desparately Sunday. We may knock some of our weaker links, but fact is, falloff from 1 player to the next is shrinking more and more at every position. 

Just look at the Oline, something every fan should be proud of. One position that was highlighted Sunday was TE. Losing our best player and having a more than serviceable backup come in and make 2 big plays cannot be understated. Same on D, a lot of injuries this year and the ship is still floating.

I have to say, GMSM ain't perfect, but he is building a deep team and seems to recognize and admit when he was wrong. 

my kid's soccer team is on a 4 game win streak.  They play Saturdays.  I will post in here when they lose their next game so that everyone can be forewarned.

Just now, Bonez3 said:

I'ma tell you right now why we won 4 straight, depth.

Something the Eagles lacked desparately Sunday. We may knock some of our weaker links, but fact is, falloff from 1 player to the next is shrinking more and more at every position. 

Just look at the Oline, something every fan should be proud of. One position that was highlighted Sunday was TE. Losing our best player and having a more than serviceable backup come in and make 2 big plays cannot be understated. Same on D, a lot of injuries this year and the ship is still floating.

I have to say, GMSM ain't perfect, but he is building a deep team and seems to recognize and admit when he was wrong. 

I agree.  We have depth, even though are 1st round and 2nd round picks (this year) were both out of the game. Let's hope we can stay healthy through the bye week and get healthier as we reach crunch time.

3 hours ago, NewCliche21 said:

Hope you find a great job in February.

I was just thinking about this:

1)  I've been wearing Redskins boxers since the Giants game (not allowed to wear Redskins gear in the press box but I had to do SOMETHING).

2)  My son has been in the same onesie, sweatpants, and socks since Week 3.

3)  When at home, I sit during the odd quarters and stand during the even ones.

Actually the win streak started when I took you to the Giants game. #luckycharm :silly:

I've been going off beer for a while now (sacrilege, I know) and hadn't really drunk alcohol for about six months.
Four or five weeks ago, a friend left some Stella cider in my fridge, so I tried it, and now buy a four-pack each week for game time.

Coincidence? I think not.

1 hour ago, bobandweave said:

Switching mind from DFS to this question. Its a number of things to me

Part of me says the reason we turned it around after 2 losses is who we played. The four teams we have beaten have a combined 9 wins 14 Losses between them. We have beaten one winning team, those filthy Eagles so far. The teams that beat us are a combined 9 wins with 3 losses.

Part of me says the reason we turned it around after those 2 losses is the coaching staff understanding we simply could not continue to put everything on the QB and since have gotten the running game going. In our two losses combined we only rushed the football 29 times. Since then we have only rushed the ball in a single game less then that one time (26 attempts) and are averaging in those four wins rushing the football 37.5 times per game. Your not going to win when you rush the football only 29 times in two games I don't care who you are.

Part of me says it was early season team desperation. Going into that week 3 game in NY everyone knew the season was likely over if we started 0-3 with the schedule coming up. So we played like it and won an improbable away game. That started the momentum for us we are currently on now. That carried through to the Browns game then carried into the Ravens away game and we won yet another improbable away game and that belief in ourselves led us to beat down the Eagles yesterday. We might not be 4-2 now if we didn't get desperate really early in the season

So its a bunch of things, but those losses still burn me. I still think had Cousins just not thrown that stupid INT against those Cowturds in the 4th quarter and we had gone up 10 points on them they wouldn't have won that game. Also I think if Joe Berry wasn't so stupid to start the season not making Norman a cover shadow corner that we would have shut down Dez Bryant that game and won as well. We should be 5-1 now. They got lucky

The Giants were 2 and 0 when we faced them. Ravens were 3 and 1 and so were the Eagirls. The Browns make up 6 of the 14 losses you mentioned. And of course 4 of the rest of the losses came against us. So non-browns teams that we've faced are a total of 9 and 4 in games they haven't played against us. The Cowboys lost to the Giants, who we beat. The Steelers got worked by the Eagles, who we also beat. At this point in the season I don't think you can determine too much by win/loss record. Especially when one of the teams is 0 and 6

2 things:. 1) I started wearing a Redskins coaching style collared t-shirt that a friend gave me for my 40th bday.  (If only I had worn it earlier. My bday is actually on the 10th, shirt I had it in my possession for the first game. But didn't put it in until week 3.

2) I decided to take my 3 year old to the park after the game is over.  Set up to meet friends there every week after the Giants game, haven't lost since.  

So, if anybody wants to find me, I'll be the guy at Clemenjauntry park wearing a Redskins shirt about 35 min after the game ends.  Win or lose...

Archived