Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The reasons we won 4 straight...

timdaley73

I prayed to the football gods and told them they just need to stop hatin' on the Skins. 

Okay that was a lie. I haven't done anything different or said anything different. Sit in my recliner, on ES and watching on the tube. :) 

But I am sure Kirk is praying like hell for a fat payout though. ;)

8 hours ago, skinfan2k said:

Guys making sound tackles, more 4-3, playing more man coverage, Kendall Fuller is an elite slot corner, key turnovers, the offense putting pressure and having leads in game vs the first two games when we were down double digits in both

We are not playing a 4-3.

We are playing a 4-2-5. It's totally different. Joe Barry has done a good job of using Cravens as a hybrid in that package and now using Whitner in his place. 

16 hours ago, ddub52 said:

The Giants were 2 and 0 when we faced them. Ravens were 3 and 1 and so were the Eagirls. The Browns make up 6 of the 14 losses you mentioned. And of course 4 of the rest of the losses came against us. So non-browns teams that we've faced are a total of 9 and 4 in games they haven't played against us. The Cowboys lost to the Giants, who we beat. The Steelers got worked by the Eagles, who we also beat. At this point in the season I don't think you can determine too much by win/loss record. Especially when one of the teams is 0 and 6

Please don't read what I wrote there and think I was in any way cheapening our wins in anyway. I was just brainstorming about this question. One huge knock against Cousins he is exercising this year and that's being able to win on the road. He's been the QB behind two improbable wins so far this year for us and he's rewriting his NFL story with every away win. What I typed there was nothing but a brainstorm asking myself why I think this teams turned it around the last four weeks.

Now to me team records are deceiving and don't mean much more then who gets into the playoffs. I know that another knock on Cousins was that he didn't beat winning record teams and he has this year which is fantastic for us but the teams he's beaten to me aren't good teams. We perceive them to be good some times but in reality they aren't. What to me is most impressive is him beating them on the road. That's hard as hell for even the best QB's - Bree's and Roethlisberger - to do. Even terrible teams have winning records at times, like the 49ers being 1-0 this year. Records don't make someone good to me or a win mean more then another one.

And records don't really tell an honest story. Look at the Chargers. They have a bad losing record yet lead the league in minutes played with the lead, meaning of all teams they are dominating the scoreboard more then anyone else yet they find themselves a way to lose regardless. Are they a bad team? Maybe since they can't hold leads but are they really a 2-4 team you would consider on par with the worst teams in the league? Not to me. Other 2-4 teams right now - Colts and Bengals - Aren't really that bad either. The Dolphins just opened a big ass can of whoop ass on the Steeler's this weekend, are they now a "good" team since they beat a "good" team? Of course not. Records should be taken with a grain of salt not the be all end all of "good" teams vs "bad" teams. As they say any given Sunday.

And for those who noticed that I took this topic to a more serious place then just saying something like I haven't wiped my butt since the Cowboys game so that's why we are winning, I apologize for getting off topic. I like reflecting on a season, to see where it's going good and bad, and trying to fix the puzzle in my mind to see where it can be repeated. Back on topic sorry again will try and not do that again. HTTR

Not something I done but something my cousin has done. He started watching Skins games around 93-94 season and he use to be a Bills fan. Needless to say we sucked since than. Last year he stopped watching Skins games because RG3 got bench and refuse to watch them until Gruden gets fired. His favorite player got benched so his ego is hurt. Since he stopped watching the Redskins won the NFCE and are 4-2 now. Hope he never watches another Skins' game again lol.

The Redskins have won 4 games because they've done whatever it takes to win games.  Whether its pass or run, or the defense needs a stop...they are getting it done.

I can't think of anything in my routine or wardrobe that has been consistent throughout this 4 game winning streak. No superstitions to fall back on here.  The Redskins are just playing winning football. 

I have really wanted to point this out but was afraid to start a new thread. This year's resemblance to the 2007 Giants is quite interesting. They started off the year 0-2. Came to Washington, fell behind early but rallied for their first win. They then went on to win 6 games in a row (including a trip to London). They finished the regular season 10-6 only to beat the Patriots in the Superbowl. Fingers crossed!!

Fixed!

16 minutes ago, actorguy1 said:

I have really wanted to point this out but was afraid to start a new thread. This year's resemblance to the 2011 Giants is quite interesting. They started off the year 0-2. Came to Washington, fell behind early but rallied for their first win. They then went on to win 6 games in a row (including a trip to London). They finished the regular season 10-6 only to beat the Patriots in the Superbowl. Fingers crossed!! I

I think you mean the 2007 Giants.

16 minutes ago, actorguy1 said:

I have really wanted to point this out but was afraid to start a new thread. This year's resemblance to the 2011 Giants is quite interesting. They started off the year 0-2. Came to Washington, fell behind early but rallied for their first win. They then went on to win 6 games in a row (including a trip to London). They finished the regular season 10-6 only to beat the Patriots in the Superbowl. Fingers crossed!! I

I think you mean the 2007 Giants.

On 10/17/2016 at 3:50 PM, ILikeBilly said:

my kid's soccer team is on a 4 game win streak.  They play Saturdays.  I will post in here when they lose their next game so that everyone can be forewarned.

My kid's team won again yesterday.  Easy 5-2 victory.  Breath easy today.  We will win.

Archived