Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Jamison Crowder The Real Deal

clskinsfan

2 minutes ago, skins island connection said:

ahhh, I see.  Yea, the other punt we lost irked me; I was surprised that those plays are not reviewable. It sure looked like Bruton [ I think ] was blocked into it. I've seen worse calls reversed.

I think it was Dunbar (who otherwise had an amazing day). The refs really gave the Giants all the game changing plays. That play, the Bruton interception (it was absolutely clear that he had position of the ball and was down in bounds on replay) and a few others.

8 hours ago, shakinaiken said:

We need Jackson next year. He's the deep threat that allows player like Crowder and Reed to succeed. Doctson appears to be a talented WR, but he doesn't possess that deep speed that defenses have to account for. 

Doctson ran a 4.50 at the combine, not a true "burner", but still one of the better times this year. Couple that with his 6'2" height and 41" vertical, and Doctson definitely poses a threat deep. Watch some of his TCU tape. He routinely got behind secondaries.

Having DJ and a healthy Doctson wide could make this offense even more potent.

1 hour ago, Burgold said:

I think it was Dunbar (who otherwise had an amazing day). The refs really gave the Giants all the game changing plays. That play, the Bruton interception (it was absolutely clear that he had position of the ball and was down in bounds on replay) and a few others.

It was Dunbar.  The broadcast replay showed him reaching down for the ball and touching it before the Giants recovered.  

But what the replay didn't show was that it had already hit him in the foot while he was engaged with a Giant.  He was driven into the ball by the Giant player.  So he had to try and recover it.  It wasn't the bonehead play that Aikman and Buck were making it out to be.

1 hour ago, Burgold said:

Yeah. I thought we clearly got screwed in the Bruton play. And that guy really needed a big play. He has really struggled.

Crowder's game stats are Not really eye popping numbers but stats never take into account game changing plays. And Crowder clearly changed yesterdays game.

Crowder is second in PR avg and fourth in PR yards on the season so far.

By the way I was surprised to see Kirk Cousins leading the league in passing yards when I checked stats this morning.

8 hours ago, illone said:

Garcon is the odd man out next year.  Doctson will play his role.

If that's the case, then Doctson will have some big shoes to fill. Garçon seems to have a knack for making crucial 3rd down catches, as he did quite a few times yesterday.

3 minutes ago, s0crates said:

If that's the case, then Doctson will have some big shoes to fill. Garçon seems to have a knack for making crucial 3rd down catches, as he did quite a few times yesterday.

And he's excellent with the run after the catch, particularly when it's a tough run through multiple defenders.

It's a shame we can't use Garcon more, I really, really like him. I don't know if he just can't get open, or what, but it definitely seems like he should get the ball more.

Just now, clskinsfan said:

By the way I was surprised to see Kirk Cousins leading the league in passing yards when I checked stats this morning.

Not me. So far he's throwing 40+ passes a game for 300+ yards every week. He's on pace to throw for 5,000 yards this year.

He can't be an outside guy on a regular basis. Well, it's not that he can't, it's that he shouldn't. He is most effective in the slot. Someone said earlier he's a Welker/Edelman kind of player. Having him split wide takes away a little of his explosiveness (He could be used similar to Jackson... but I'm not quite sure he's as fast). 

Hes probably one of my favorite players in the league right now, let alone the Skins. But let's try to keep him in the slot.

4 minutes ago, clskinsfan said:

Why would you be surprised about that? Gruden and McVay treat the running game as they would the Zika virus.

15 hours ago, Vanguard said:

He's one of my favorite players.  I'm not okay with not having Garcon and Jackson though.

During the game, my 8 year old was asking me who my favorite Redskins player is (his is Reed).  I said that I'm not sure I have one... but that Crowder (and Hopkins) is on the short list.

I said this offseason that although they bring different things to the table, I thought Crowder was already a better receiver than Garçon.  Not to take anything away from Garçon (love his play), but Crowder has better hands, runs better routes and is more of a threat to take one to the house with his speed/quicks/balance (IMO).

Heck of a game yesterday too.

Big thanks to Jamison Crowder today...very well done sir....as well as Dunbar...all around excellent team win..do they acctualy sale punters jerseys?...here's looking at u tress way..and Hopkins...very HUGE ROUND OF APPLAUSE to special teams yesterday..I know this is a Crowder post but I just wanted say thank you to the team..coaches players from the second string to the veterans...everybody stepped up THANK YOU !!

Seems like he single handedly sparked the team twice when everyone else was willing to just go through the motions for another week.  Both of his big plays were due to him just plain out hustling everyone else on the field.

If your one of the other Redskins players, its hard to watch one of your teammates refusing to quit without it rubbing off on you.  Guarantee Dunbar's two big plays, Cravens' interception, DeSean's bomb, and Reed's ridiculous one handed grab were all affected by Crowder's plays.

Winning is contagious.  All it takes is for SOMEONE to lead the charge and everyone else will gladly want to jump on the bandwagon to get theirs.  Every week it seems like our team is waiting for someone to rally behind before our team comes to life.  Here's hoping it continues.  

1 hour ago, tshile said:

And he's excellent with the run after the catch, particularly when it's a tough run through multiple defenders.

It's a shame we can't use Garcon more, I really, really like him. I don't know if he just can't get open, or what, but it definitely seems like he should get the ball more.

I like 88 too.  I feel like we could even put 88 in the backfield if injuries struck. He looks like he has a running backs mentality, and Portis like potential for crushing LBs in pickups. The dude is A1 physical and there is something to be said about having a stout WR. WRs take shots. He is the only WR I trust to survive on a slant straight at a Mike.

But it's Crowder's day.  He is quick and has the moves. That Giant running out of bounds is priceless. But I want to see the full return.gif and check that tightrope down the right sideline. I thought for sure it was coming back at least 10 yards. The replay they showed seemed inconclusive but worth another look. They didn't have the proper angle camera shot at the ready.

28 minutes ago, Reaper Skins said:

Seems like he single handedly sparked the team twice when everyone else was willing to just go through the motions for another week.  Both of his big plays were due to him just plain out hustling everyone else on the field..  

While turning the screen into a TD was on him, the bubble screen worked for the first down because of the blocking.  Remember, Trent took out two guys and another blocker made his block creating a great alley for JC to run up. The pass was also put where JC could actually focus downfield and find that alley.

1 hour ago, KDawg said:

He can't be an outside guy on a regular basis. Well, it's not that he can't, it's that he shouldn't. He is most effective in the slot. Someone said earlier he's a Welker/Edelman kind of player. Having him split wide takes away a little of his explosiveness (He could be used similar to Jackson... but I'm not quite sure he's as fast). 

Hes probably one of my favorite players in the league right now, let alone the Skins. But let's try to keep him in the slot.

I think he could also, but rather he didn't.  I would put him out there for some plays against a bigger-longer-slower Josh Norman type (not quality) corner though, just for the match-up nightmare he would present with Jackson on the other side against some defenses. 

He's devastating in the slot, I wish Kirk was seeing him more yesterday, and that he was more accurate on that pass in the Cowboys game.  The NFL fantasy world (not that I care @Nfcbeasts4721 :P) would be loving him like we are.  I think he's a 100+ catch per year type player.

@RandyHolt That rumor about Crowder bulking up may have been just me thinking Garcon's pic was Crowder :ols:.

3 minutes ago, Darth Tater said:

While turning the screen into a TD was on him, the bubble screen worked for the first down because of the blocking.  Remember, Trent took out two guys and another blocker made his block creating a great alley for JC to run up. The pass was also put where JC could actually focus downfield and find that alley.

I'm thinking more about the broken tackles aspect.  Both plays he could have gotten tripped up but just refused to go down.  Didn't just go through the motions of the play.  Kept extending it until someone MADE him stop.

5 minutes ago, Reaper Skins said:

I'm thinking more about the broken tackles aspect.  Both plays he could have gotten tripped up but just refused to go down.  Didn't just go through the motions of the play.  Kept extending it until someone MADE him stop.

The punt return was awesome but the blocking was the reason that JC got the opportunity on the screen.

Archived