Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Jamison Crowder The Real Deal

clskinsfan

4 hours ago, Vanguard said:

He's one of my favorite players.  I'm not okay with not having Garcon and Jackson though.

I know we're probably gonna lose at least one of these two next offseason. At the same time though, Garcon still gets open, short and deep. And with DJax, he's on pace for at least 1,400 yards this year easily. But you also have to remember what doesn't show up on the stat sheet, how defenses account for his speed and how it opens up things for J.Reed, Crowder etc. Its hard to replace that kind of speed with production. Look at a Tavon Austin, what did he get 40 mil for what?? barely a 10 yard avg per catch yet he's supposed to have all this speed and talent?

I would prefer to keep Desean. He could cost the same maybe a little more, but you're still getting money back not bringing back Pierre.I don't wanna be Carolina after they got rid of S.Smith, make a big playoff push and have no WR production in a critical game..

Crowder had his coming out party today and he showed the fans what he can do.  Our General Manager must have been smiling from ear to ear.

Crowder having a good year will allow Scott M. to keep either number 11 Jackson or number 88 Garcon.  He does not need to resign both of them.

Crowder and Doctson will develop even more next year too and we have three good tight ends with number 86 leading the pack.

9 minutes ago, Playaction2Sanders said:

I know we're probably gonna lose at least one of these two next offseason. At the same time though, Garcon still gets open, short and deep. And with DJax, he's on pace for at least 1,400 yards this year easily. But you also have to remember what doesn't show up on the stat sheet, how defenses account for his speed and how it opens up things for J.Reed, Crowder etc. Its hard to replace that kind of speed with production. Look at a Tavon Austin, what did he get 40 mil for what?? barely a 10 yard avg per catch yet he's supposed to have all this talent?

I would prefer to keep Desean. He could cost the same maybe a little more, but you're still getting money back not bringing back Pierre.I don't wanna be Carolina after they got rid of S.Smith, make a big playoff push and have no WR production in a critical game..

If I had to choose between Pierre and Desean.  I'd say Desean should stay also.

14 minutes ago, Playaction2Sanders said:

I know we're probably gonna lose at least one of these two next offseason. At the same time though, Garcon still gets open, short and deep. And with DJax, he's on pace for at least 1,400 yards this year easily. But you also have to remember what doesn't show up on the stat sheet, how defenses account for his speed and how it opens up things for J.Reed, Crowder etc. Its hard to replace that kind of speed with production. Look at a Tavon Austin, what did he get 40 mil for what?? barely a 10 yard avg per catch yet he's supposed to have all this talent?

You simply cannot coach what DeSean can do. 

Hail Em Up!

2 hours ago, HogHeaven84 said:

Having Crowder and hopefully Doctson will get to develop this year might be a big deal when Jackson and Garcon move on next year....

We need Jackson next year. He's the deep threat that allows player like Crowder and Reed to succeed. Doctson appears to be a talented WR, but he doesn't possess that deep speed that defenses have to account for. 

On 9/26/2016 at 0:06 AM, shakinaiken said:

We need Jackson next year. He's the deep threat that allows player like Crowder and Reed to succeed. Doctson appears to be a talented WR, but he doesn't possess that deep speed that defenses have to account for. 

There are few WR's who impact a defense like Jackson.  Sure some are bigger and taller, but in terms of overall impact there aren't many.  So, I totally agree, but I was hoping  Crowder would be able to serve the same function next year..or maybe in tandem with another player. I'd argue that Garcon is one of the best posession receivers in the league as well.  I think it would be fantastic to bring both back, but I don't think that's possible even if they'd want to come back. So maybe it's a bit of wishful thinking and/or overreaction to that 55-yard WR-screen he took to the endzone, but I have to be hopeful about something.

2 minutes ago, HogHeaven84 said:

There are few WR's who impact a defense like Jackson.  Sure some are bigger and taller, but in terms of overall impact there aren't many.  So, I totally agree, but I was hoping  Crowder would be able to serve the same function next year..or maybe in tandem with another player. I'd argue that Garcon is one of the best position receivers in the league as well.  I think it would be fantastic to bring both back, but I don't think that's possible even if they'd want to come back. So maybe it's a bit of wishful thinking and/or overreaction to that 55-yard WR-screen he took to the endzone, but I have to be hopeful about something.

Crowder's a fantastic slot receiver, but he's not Djax. Crowder needs to remain in the slot, where his elusiveness and agility are strengths. But our offense relies on Jackson as a deep threat. 

Much as I like Garcon, Jackson is really our only speed merchant. Crowder, Grant, and Pierre, all have value, but they are quick versus fast. Rashad has some wheels and is our poor man's Jackson, but I don't see him taking over that speed role. Still, having your starters three years down the road be Crowder and Doctson (if Doctson can emerge) is a happy thought. We're still missing the speed guy, but it's not hard to find fast. It is hard to find fast and good. That's what makes DJax special.

For this thread though, Crowder had two really special plays. I was amazed at the escape on the punt return, but his tightwire avoidance of stepping out of bounds was impressive too! He's been playing well all season. Happy to see it. Last year's draft class is doing okay :)

2 minutes ago, skins island connection said:

At first it looked like he was waving for a fair catch and I just knew the refs were going to call it back, but evidently not.

Was he waving off the fair catch wave?

Waving for the players to get out of the way so it didn't hit someone.  He thought it might take a bad bounce and we'd already lost one punt that hit one of our guys.  But fortunately for him, it took a nice hop right to him.

12 minutes ago, pjfootballer said:

Waving for the players to get out of the way so it didn't hit someone.  He thought it might take a bad bounce and we'd already lost one punt that hit one of our guys.  But fortunately for him, it took a nice hop right to him.

ahhh, I see.  Yea, the other punt we lost irked me; I was surprised that those plays are not reviewable. It sure looked like Bruton [ I think ] was blocked into it. I've seen worse calls reversed.

Archived