Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Official ES Venting thread

RichmondRedskin88

6 minutes ago, skinzplay said:

Imagining what Kerrigan and P. Smith would look like in a Wade Phillips D. We could've had him. He wanted to be here. But Joe "I don't feel pressure, I bring it" Barry can't seem to scheme or adjust effectively enough to do anything of consequence.Barry isn't Haslett, but so far this season, I am not at all impressed (or confident in what he can deliver as a coordinator). I gave him the benefit of the doubt last season, and will wait another few weeks before becoming less forgiving.

Idk man. Sure Barry is ****ing terrible but damn if Kerrigan and Smith have both looked like idiots any time a team has run deceptive plays this year. I don't know if a coach can help that. Kerrigan frequently loses run contain and i'm still not sure that Smith can do anything football related other than rush the passer

Just now, BRAVEONTHEWARPATH93 said:

Idk man. Sure Barry is ****ing terrible but damn if Kerrigan and Smith have both looked like idiots any time a team has run deceptive plays this year. I don't know if a coach can help that. Kerrigan frequently loses run contain and i'm still not sure that Smith can do anything football related other than rush the passer

Agreed, hoss. I just think that a coordinator like Phillips would know how to use those guys to limit their shortcomings and accentuating the strengths to benefit the D. It's not quite as bad - not yet - as when we brought in Jeremiah Trotter and asked him to be a read and react LB. I wanted to bang my head on the wall on almost every defensive snap.

12 minutes ago, BatteredFanSyndrome said:

I'll be interested to see the prediction thread, where our fans find ways to believe "they'll get it figured out this week" and win 31-16.

I can see Fewell running the defense by week 4.

Maybe long-term that's a better outcome then? 

I can't envision a scenario in which we win this game (or even really come all that close). As was mentioned, we play like **** up in NJ. Even more specifically, the one guy who really needs to turn his season around (Cousins) is going into a place where he's looked scared, rattled, and awful his entire career. He even struggled on the road against NY in his incredible 2015 season! 

Everything is lining up for an 0-3 start and this team coming back home for a game against Cleveland. The fans will be restless, negative, and probably ready to let the team hear it. 

Just now, TD_washingtonredskins said:

Maybe long-term that's a better outcome then? 

I can't envision a scenario in which we win this game (or even really come all that close). As was mentioned, we play like **** up in NJ. Even more specifically, the one guy who really needs to turn his season around (Cousins) is going into a place where he's looked scared, rattled, and awful his entire career. He even struggled on the road against NY in his incredible 2015 season! 

Everything is lining up for an 0-3 start and this team coming back home for a game against Cleveland. The fans will be restless, negative, and probably ready to let the team hear it. 

I'm telling you--as it stands right now, I could see this team losing 16 games.  That's how bad they look in terms of coaching and execution.  

19 minutes ago, BRAVEONTHEWARPATH93 said:

Either they win next Sunday or people probably start losing their jobs to save face.

I'm expecting a blowout though. We can't ever compete in NJ

The only thing I have for that is last year the team seemed to keep swinging an arm out of the grave every time it was looking like the death of a season.

This game is Code Red 2016, I can't come up with any football reasons yet, but this group was resilient last year.

All teams have disappointing losses so that doesn't really bother me. And I never really believed in Kirk from the get go but was playing nice since he seemed to be the guy....so im not surprised at his play at all. 

What I am disappointed in is the way our team handles the losses. Good teams get together and support each other and finally figure it out. 

Bad teams play the blame game early and once you start that **** its over. We have all watched this happen for about as long as I have been alive now. So, I see it coming again and it makes me sad. If I thought we were getting better, I thought it would happen there first. We are not a team yet. Still a collection of talent. Cant be a good team if you aint even a team. 

I wanted to believe we were past that. That really upsets me. 

#SAD 

2 minutes ago, Aireskoi said:

The only thing I have for that is last year the team seemed to keep swinging an arm out of the grave every time it was looking like the death of a season.

This game is Code Red 2016, I can't come up with any football reasons yet, but this group was resilient last year.

Man I am praying for this. my only hope left. 

1 minute ago, skins4eva said:

I'm telling you--as it stands right now, I could see this team losing 16 games.  That's how bad they look in terms of coaching and execution.  

See, I know we're supposed to be venting, but I don't agree. We look more competent than we did in other playoff-follow-up seasons (2006, 2013). 

The fact that our struggles are linked to execution (something that will eventually come around) helps make my point. If Cousins is a little sharper yesterday, we win that game by 2 TDs. That's not really the hallmark of a team poised to lose 16 straight games. I'd be much more concerned if the offensive scheme wasn't getting guys open or the players weren't good enough to beat their guys one-on-one. 

We will still end up winning a few games this year...

Just now, TD_washingtonredskins said:

See, I know we're supposed to be venting, but I don't agree. We look more competent than we did in other playoff-follow-up seasons (2006, 2013). 

The fact that our struggles are linked to execution (something that will eventually come around) helps make my point. If Cousins is a little sharper yesterday, we win that game by 2 TDs. That's not really the hallmark of a team poised to lose 16 straight games. I'd be much more concerned if the offensive scheme wasn't getting guys open or the players weren't good enough to beat their guys one-on-one. 

We will still end up winning a few games this year...

It was hyperbole.  I agree with you, but as a "Lord of the Flies" like experiment, it would be interesting to see what changes would be made if we lost to the Giants and the Browns.  I just think that if we are going to fail with this coaching staff and with Kirk, let's fail as quickly as possible.

11 minutes ago, PortisBetts said:

I would love to see where his defenses ranked over this period. I am assuming it is going to be last.

2007 32nd

2008 32nd

2015 28th

2016 26th

I could easily coach an NFL team to the 32nd best defense in the league.  Joe Barry has to be held accountable for this debacle.  And the person that chose him has to be held responsible as well.  And that person is Jay Gruden.   

2 minutes ago, Rocky21 said:

2007 32nd

2008 32nd

2015 28th

2016 26th

I could easily coach an NFL team to the 32nd best defense in the league.  Joe Barry has to be held accountable for this debacle.  And the person that chose him has to be held responsible as well.  And that person is Jay Gruden.   

In what other profession would these numbers be tolerable?  You had that type of production at your day job and you'd be fired so fast.  

6 minutes ago, Rocky21 said:

2007 32nd

2008 32nd

2015 28th

2016 26th

This is from Joe Barry's Wikipedia page.  I wish I could claim authorship, but it is hysterical:

"Barry is statistically the worst Defensive coordinator in the history of the National Football League." https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Joe_Barry

Your 2016 Redskins coaching staff, ladies and gentlemen.

We have to look at the first two weeks separately considering the quality of the opponent was vastly different.  Against Pittsburgh I fully expected that they would capitalize on any errors and pounce and a game that was close early turned into a route eventually. Pittsburgh is the caliber team that you have to play a great game against just to even be in position to possibly win late.  The 'Skins were overmatched at every level.

When it comes yesterday however, sorry I just can't get let it slide how many opportunities were wasted and/or bungled against a mediocre team in Dallas. Dallas's defense was so mediocre and overmatched that the game should have been out of reach by halftime or at least somewhat into the 3rd quarter.  Dallas has the kind of defense where a good offense should be able to make a mistake or two and still recover and put lots of points on.  We all have eyes, we saw how many opportunities for points were lost and wasted and left on the field.  Dallas's defense had little to nothing to do with most of the drives stopping.  It was just the same ol' 'Skins take two steps backwards after taking one step forward.  

I think venting about the front office/coaching is the most pertinent to the Skins failure as an organization. 

Either we are drafting and signing bad players or we are not coaching them properly. Or our schemes and/or play calling are horrible.

Seems pretty obvious but it needs to be addressed. It can't just be bad players. Every year I read on this board about all the great talent we have. Either you guys you are way off base or our coaches are crap.

Our coaches are crap.

I play a lot of Fantasy Football, know alot of stats etc. and here's a tip I've learned over the years. I do not like to play offensive players against the Cowboys. Why? Because they are a team full of nobodies but they are coached so well that they rarely make it worth playing those players against them. Yesterday was no exception.

Great coaching wins you championships (Gibbs Belichick etc) and wins you games you shouldn't but piss poor coaching makes you lose games you should win.

Our players are not crap, well some are like Matt Jones are but the vast majority are good players like Trent and Josh. But when the teams being coached by bad coaches who can't game plan and can't do much right then those good players are made to look like look bad players because Football is a team sport.

As hard as it is to admit when I saw that only one team in NFL history of the playoffs (Eagles early 2000s) ever lost two games at home in the first two weeks of the season and went on to make the playoffs my heart sunk. After two stinking games, our seasons more then likely lost after two games, two winnable games, two games at home that make up 25% of the games played their this season....we lost our shot at the playoffs. The team knows it and are pissed off. I am pissed off about it too but like them I can't change anything but I hope that I hear some firings soon. 

I really was hoping KC was the man... But my keenly honed insight (skin-sight) which has been perfected after 25 years of crushingly bad football, really knew it was too good to be true that KC is the real deal. 

I am really starting to believe that this team is just destined to keep repeating the pattern of failure. Every few years the football gods will throw us a bone with 9-10 wins and a 1st round loss in playoffs... And then a new savior is found and it's all on repeat mode.

or we are in the middle of a planned 30 year rebuilding strategy.

Archived