Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Official ES Venting thread

RichmondRedskin88

3 minutes ago, dyst said:

The talent is just not there. It's getting better, but we are no where close to being elite or a perennial playoff team.

It's a mix of talent and coaching.  We have talent on offense, but we are suffering from terrible coaching/play-calling and below grade QB play.  On defense, we lack talent in the front seven, but the coaching is horrendous.  As bad as I've ever seen.

2 minutes ago, dyst said:

The talent is just not there. It's getting better, but we are no where close to being elite or a perennial playoff team.

I disagree. I may even disagree strongly.

We dominated in preseason. Preseason is about my talent versus your talent. The chess board is taken away and it's just can my man beat your man. In the world of mano y mano, the Redskins defense not only competed, but blanked their opponents. Come the regular season and they look pathetic. That suggests we do have talent, but we misuse it.

If you don't have a good dline, but a ton of good cover guys. Bring the pressure and let the cover guys cover! Use your strengths. Attacking a rookie QB by rushing three and playing eight in soft zone so he can feel comfortable and never rushed is STUPID! We have talent. We play STUPID. Our play calling is STUPID!

STUUUUUPIIIID!

I agree, we should be blitzing all damn day. its insane and the fact that we never thought to have our best corner on their best guy is the biggest load of horse **** ****ing bull**** , mother****er. ****. this stupid team and our stupid $20mil qb cant do ****. I was so excited about Kirk this season and Desean and Reed.

If they don't sign Pot Roast today to clog the middle of this ****r show defense I'm gonna lose it. If for nothing other than his leadership which is clearly lacking these days. 

Bruce Allen is a clown. He basically hired his friends. Get out dude. You hired the wrong coach from the Bengals you stupid ass fool. I just can't stand this nepotism. It's business and it should be all about winning. 

Joe Barry is a straight up joke as a DC. Again, more nepotism. There is no way you can sit here with a straight face and say that he would have been a better hire over Wade Phillips. It's a culture thing over at Redskin Park and it starts with Bruce. It's Congressional Country Club over there. Hell look at training camp? It was weak. Kirk isn't good enough to not get any work. He obviously needed the reps. 

11 minutes ago, skins4eva said:

It's a mix of talent and coaching.  We have talent on offense, but we are suffering from terrible coaching/play-calling and below grade QB play.  On defense, we lack talent in the front seven, but the coaching is horrendous.  As bad as I've ever seen.

Again, how is the offensive playcalling poor? If cousins makes two relatively easy throws that even mediocre QB's make, the passing offense for the day exceeds 500 yards passing. I'll take that kind of "poor" playcalling every Sunday. 

Kirk was simply off yesterday. Nothing more complicated than that.  

10 minutes ago, Burgold said:

I disagree. I may even disagree strongly.

We dominated in preseason. Preseason is about my talent versus your talent. The chess board is taken away and it's just can my man beat your man.

We've dominated prior preseasons on route to 4-13 seasons. 2013 season comes to mind. I'm not sure preseason dominance is really an indicator of anything. 

3 minutes ago, shakinaiken said:

Again, how is the offensive playcalling poor? If cousins makes two relatively easy throws that even mediocre QB's make, the passing offense for the day exceeds 500 yards passing. I'll take that kind of "poor" playcalling every Sunday. 

In my view, there was a total lack of commitment to the running game, especially in the red zone.  Part of the dynamic of Kurt's INT in the endzone was the defense knowing they could drop 7 into coverage because we weren't going to run the ball.  Three low percentage fades in the redzone.  I'd rather run the ball and pick up one or two or no yards at all and at least put a defense on notice then trot out the fade over and over again.  It's a timing and a touch pass.  Did it look like Cousins had timing and touch yesterday?  That's what I mean about bad playcalling.  There doesn't seem to be any knowledge of the mindset/ability of Kirk as the signal caller.  Given his inconsistency over the last two weeks, the fade is the absolute last play that should be called.  The fade is a confidence throw that confident QBs make to WRs with which they have a connection.  So our coaching braintrust calls it to our rookie WR who missed all of the preseason?  This is just pure lunacy and indicates that we have a coaching staff not up to the task.  I respect your view, but I have a hard time seeing it differently.  

3 minutes ago, skins4eva said:

In my view, there was a total lack of commitment to the running game, especially in the red zone.  Part of the dynamic of Kurt's INT in the endzone was the defense knowing they could drop 7 into coverage because we weren't going to run the ball.  Three low percentage fades in the redzone.  I'd rather run the ball and pick up one or two or no yards at all and at least put a defense on notice then trot out the fade over and over again.  It's a timing and a touch pass.  Did it look like Cousins had timing and touch yesterday?  That's what I mean about bad playcalling.  There doesn't seem to be any knowledge of the mindset/ability of Kirk as the signal caller.  Given his inconsistency over the last two weeks, the fade is the absolute last play that should be called.  The fade is a confidence throw that confident QBs make to WRs with which they have a connection.  So our coaching braintrust calls it to our rookie WR who missed all of the preseason?  This is just pure lunacy and indicates that we have a coaching staff not up to the task.  I respect your view, but I have a hard time seeing it differently.  

I'm still not convinced those fade routes were play calls from McVay. Most fades are off script. However, if they were play calls, then I would agree with you- horrible. 

And a few bad play calls will occur every game. I still maintain the playcalling- at least offensively- is not the issue. Now the defense, on the other hand...

Fire Joe Barry yesterday.

Ran out of water bottles in the 2nd quarter???  That's absurd.

And the visitor side seemed like 60-40 Cowboy fans.  Hearing chants of "Dee-fense" on the Skins last drive in your own home is sickening.

Please tear down that awful stadium now.

Summer may not yet be over, but the Skins season is.

I am still angry about Ryan Kerrigan fumbling that ball. I truly believe we win that game if he holds onto the ball.

Other than that the two fades in a row were probably the worst two calls back to back I've ever seen. 

And our defense is trash. When is the last time we had a shut down defense? 

6 minutes ago, shakinaiken said:

I'm still not convinced those fade routes were play calls from McVay. Most fades are off script. However, if they were play calls, then I would agree with you- horrible. 

And a few bad play calls will occur every game. I still maintain the playcalling- at least offensively- is not the issue. Now the defense, on the other hand...

Cousins said on the grant and danny show that those were run calls with the option if a fade call. 

Cousins made the call cuz the match up was apparently favorable. It obviously wasn't executed well. 

Still, we didn't have red zone issues last year with garcon and reed. How about a quick pass to one if them? 

I doesn't seem to matter if we have much talent or not, the coaches we have NEVER get the most out of the players.. Just appears like the coaching staff is always a JV caliber group, no matter what the talent level is on the field, and the product/team performs as such.. Just like dressing for the job you want, not the job you have.. We need supreme coaching if we ever want to be "good" again.. Now, who that is I don't know, but it's becoming clear once again that our current crop doesn't cut mustard.. As usual..

1 minute ago, grego said:

Still, we didn't have red zone issues last year with garcon and reed. How about a quick pass to one if them? 

I agree. I said it in the gameday thread. Why were we throwing fades to a rookie who received 0 offseason reps. Especially when other options include Garcon and Reed

26 minutes ago, shakinaiken said:

I'm mainly talking about defensive play calling which was far more destitute than poor. They need a step up to reach poor.

Archived